Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 03:35 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,461,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
I get that, but not interested in a friendship even? It's not like I asked the woman out or anything... I became friends w/ her when she already had a man, respected that and didn't get in the way at all, so I'm not understanding why things should be so drastically different
It's been years.
You have no idea what or where her life is now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 03:43 PM

612 posts, read 844,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It's been years.
I sure don't, however I'm just not understanding how that elicits (probable) lying that I had the wrong number and ignoring me. I don't want people here to get the wrong idea that I expected and demand anything at all. With the nature of our relationship (friends) *I'm just not understanding the ignoring part-- this is a form of hostility as far as I can see. *Not seeing what harm this could've possibly caused

*These are the questions that I'm asking, it's the not knowing why part

Old 08-24-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
It's been years.
Also wanted to add that this is a two-way street. The 1st response to this thread indicated that the girl probably drew her own conclusion(s). I'm not, and won't pass judgement, which is why I created this thread. This may not have been considered by this other party, what you just wrote

Old 08-24-2015, 04:02 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,362,439 times
Seriously?
Your phone got cut off for a long spell and you contacted her two years later expecting her to act the same as when you last talked to her?

Really?
If she really meant that much to you, you should have contacted her before that lengthy amount of time had passed. No phone for two years...really? Borrow one. You know where she worked....go by there and see her. If you cannot get there, you have the address or can look it up online and send her a letter/card in the mail.

But to stop cold turkey contact with her or anyone who is a friend for that long and than to get your feathers ruffled when she acts differently to you is completely unreasonable, OP.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
Seriously?
Your phone got cut off for a long spell and you contacted her two years later >expecting< her to act the same as when you last talked to her?

Really?
If she really meant that much to you, you should have contacted her before that lengthy amount of time had passed. No phone for two years...really? Borrow one. You know where she worked....go by there and see her. If you cannot get there, you have the address or can look it up online and send her a letter/card in the mail.

But to stop cold turkey contact with her or anyone who is a friend for that long and than to get your feathers ruffled when she acts differently to you is completely unreasonable, OP.
No, it's not like that at all, however I wasn't expecting her to totally ignore me. I created this thread to see any possible error in my ways. And this seems to be awfully one-sided on your part. I have a unique name, and she could've found me on Facebook and tried contacting me that way, but didn't. No, I wasn't expecting this in the least what-so-EVER, and am not mad about this or anything in the like. However since this is the case, this is why I'm not understanding her behavior. Neither of us knows what the two years has done to the other; it's not right to draw conclusions and pre-judge

Old 08-24-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
She moved on with life and realized you where not something that needed to be apart of it.

Only speculation can assume why that is, Nobody knows but her.

You only knew one another for a year, and casually at that.
And I wanted to clarify on your last sentence. It really wasn't a casual thing, you know, like a co-worker I spoke to every now and again. We talked a lot-- I just said casual in the OP as to not make it seem like this is some friend from grade school. This could very well still be casual, but didn't want to make it seem like I just all of a sudden contacted a facebook "friend" that I don't really know, or someone that I rarely saw

Old 08-24-2015, 04:24 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,150,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
No, it's not like that at all, however I wasn't expecting her to totally ignore me. I created this thread to see any possible error in my ways. And this seems to be awfully one-sided on your part. I have a unique name, and she could've found me on Facebook and tried contacting me that way, but didn't. No, I wasn't expecting this in the least what-so-EVER, and am not mad about this or anything in the like. However since this is the case, this is why I'm not understanding her behavior. Neither of us knows what the two years has done to the other; it's not right to draw conclusions and pre-judge

Did you try to contact your "friend" in those two years?
I don't understand your issue. Perhaps you think the friendship was much stronger than it was.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Did you try to contact your "friend" in those two years?
I don't understand your issue. Perhaps you think the friendship was much stronger than it was.
I'm not sure if she tried contacting me either though-- I didn't receive anything through Facebook anyways (again, wasn't expecting this) as it could've been thought of that there's maybe a slight possibility something happened to me phone, and to make sure, by using FB as another means, so as not to jump to conclusions. Again, to (probably) lie about her number and to ignore my FB message screams hostility to me-- I'm really not sure how else to read this. And I don't understand this either-- what's the harm in responding?.. perhaps you can point to me what I'm missing?

Old 08-24-2015, 04:47 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,643,800 times
Just move on. Theres no big mystery here. She has her life and am sure she thought you moved on and you have your own life. Sometimes friendships arre not life long.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:53 PM

^Moved on from a friendship? I wasn't aware friendship came with such a restriction. And why is it so unusual to you that I wonder why, and am asking questions about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships