Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,154 times

Advertisements

Believe me, a woman can sense whether you fancy them or not! Maybe she was keeping you as an option when she had the previous boyfriend but with this new boyfriend she is more committed to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 PM

612 posts, read 844,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
So you just let things go without trying to contact her via pay phone or any other communication method for two years. You ignored her for two years and now you expect common courtesy from her when you didn't have the decency to let her know your phone got shut off. Try putting yourself in the position you put her in two years ago.

No common courtesy = no friendship.
You or her don't know my story on that front, and how can I be sure she even tried to text or call me? If she didn't try to initiate contact with me (I'll never know), then I didn't ignore her. Ya know, I would've prefaced this in my initial text to her, but why would I say this unless I knew that she tried contacting me before, and I ignored her, ya dig

Old 08-24-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Believe me, a woman can sense whether you fancy them or not! Maybe she was keeping you as an option when she had the previous boyfriend but with this new boyfriend she is more committed to him.
Oh of course they can, but some do need directness. And I dunno, she was pretty into her last man, although I'm not sure how I affected that (if at all), the nature of her last relationship, or her exact feelings between these two men

Old 08-24-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
U need to ask
Ask her??? How, she obviously doesn't wanna talk to me. If she doesn't care to even respond to me initially, then she's not going to care or wanna hear anything else I have to say. I'm just looking for some type of closure here, and trying to get multiple inputs as to determine if this is on me, or her

Old 08-24-2015, 07:23 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,098,548 times
Where were you for two years that you couldn't get in touch with her?

Old 08-24-2015, 07:25 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,580,463 times
Who lets their phone get shut off for two years? I couldn't go anywhere near that long without one!

Old 08-24-2015, 07:25 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,154 times
That's the problem - you don't know what's going on in her life because of the lack of communication over the years. I must admit, if I don't hear from someone for a couple of years, I sort of assume that our friendship has come to a natural end.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
Try putting yourself in the position you put her in two years ago
And I'm guessing you're expecting me to do this from a position of unbias? I would like to think I'd be doing this, but there's no way for me to know this myself. I personally would ask her what happened-- saying that I tried contacting her and I thought she might've ignored me. Or I'd be happy, or wouldn't be bothered to hear from her again. I'm honestly not sure how I'd feel how she (presumably) feels w/o at least asking...?

Old 08-24-2015, 07:34 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
^Moved on from a friendship? I wasn't aware friendship came with such a restriction. And why is it so unusual to you that I wonder why, and am asking questions about it?
The fact that you're making such an issue of this is kinda weird.

You two were only friends of convenience and now it's not convenient for her.

You don't know where she is at in life. Maybe she wanted away from you then but didn't know how to break it off. Maybe she has you confused with some other guy that was harassing her. Maybe she got caught cheating and her bf is giving her another chance but that means NO male "friends".

Old 08-24-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
That's the problem - you don't know what's going on in her life because of the lack of communication over the years. I must admit, if I don't hear from someone for a couple of years, I sort of assume that our friendship has come to a natural end.
This is the problem though. Of course it's unrealistic to assume one should be "happy" to hear from you again, however I'm just not understanding why not just be neutral about it, or at least ask if you felt were you being ignored, instead of doing what I bolded. Why lie and ignore? However you wanna put it, her actions are a form of hostility
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships