Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 07:38 PM

612 posts, read 844,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The fact that you're making such an issue of this is kinda weird
If someone's intentionally ignoring you (not a stranger obviously) and you don't know why, you just don't even wonder, and can forget/pretend it didn't happen? I envy you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 07:49 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,068,168 times
Some people just feel awkward about re-starting a friendship, when there hasn't been any communication over the past few years. With other people, you just hit it off again.

I don't think you will ever know the reasons why this woman doesn't want to re-start the friendship with you again. We are all just second guessing here. All you can do is try and move on with your life, like this woman has.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:51 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,241,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
If someone's intentionally ignoring you (not a stranger obviously) and you don't know why, you just don't even wonder, and can forget/pretend it didn't happen? I envy you
When they haven't been in my life for the past two years with no great loss, yes. I just go "hmmm" and move on. Have some dignity.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
When they haven't been in my life for the past two years with no great loss, yes. I just go "hmmm" and move on. Have some dignity.
And this isn't being shallow?

Old 08-24-2015, 08:24 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,100,134 times
Why can't you just accept the fact that your former friend want's nothing to do with you anymore? She didn't hear from you for 2 years. She's moved on and her life doesn't include you anymore. She's made that very clear and you just have to accept that. She doesn't owe you an explanation.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:47 PM

I'm not understanding the vitriol from some ITT. Everyone is saying or seems to think that I could've/should've done more to contact her, yet I never received a FB msg or anything from her on FB. Why is this not a two-way street (not as far as my expectations, but from those ITT)

Old 08-24-2015, 09:13 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,667,198 times
You don't sound young to me. You sound old. Do you mind telling your age?

I am old myself.

Just because technology allows us to find people doesn't mean they want to be found. In this case, if at first you don't succeed, give up. Spend your time and energy on some one who appreciates your attention.

and no, I don't think she is hostile. Just not interested.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:22 PM

^ Lying that I had the wrong number, and ignoring me seems like hostility to me. If you think she's just saying whatever, that's apathy, and to ME-- that's a form of hostility, seeing as though I'm not someone she never met before, perhaps you can help me understand this differently? (sincere question)

And no, I will not ever be contacting her again, I didn't make this thread to find an approach to talk to her again, I realize that's gone forever. I just created this thread to gain some insight and try to find some sort of resolve, but for the most part this somehow backfired

Old 08-24-2015, 09:27 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,100,134 times
What you don't seem to get is that you're not going to find the answer you're looking for here. Only she knows why she doesn't want contact with you. You just have to accept the fact that you're not going to know unless she chooses to tell you. Obviously, since she told you you had the wrong number, she doesn't want to tell you and she doesn't want any contact with you.

Just let it go..

Old 08-24-2015, 09:31 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,241,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
I'm not understanding the vitriol from some ITT. Everyone is saying or seems to think that I could've/should've done more to contact her, yet I never received a FB msg or anything from her on FB. Why is this not a two-way street (not as far as my expectations, but from those ITT)
If most everyone here is saying the same thing it is either A) probably accurate, or B) a CD conspiracy against you. Which do you think is most probable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships