Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 05:25 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,032 times

Advertisements

She is probably concentrating on life with her boyfriend, who has probably become a serious boyfriend during the past few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 06:06 PM

612 posts, read 843,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
She is probably concentrating on life with her boyfriend, who has probably become a serious boyfriend during the past few years.
You know, I had thought of this. She DOES have a new bf though, but perhaps you're point still stands, in regards to either her current beau, the guy she was with, or both. I could definitely live w/ this scenario, however I'm not aware of all the circumstances (I'm not saying I need or deserve to know, before I'm possibly attacked for saying this)

Old 08-24-2015, 06:18 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Maybe the new bf doesn't like her having male friends or males that he thinks were more than friends contacting her. Maybe they had a major issue and decided both of them wouldn't have anything to do with old boyfriends and girlfriends. And, yes, you said you were just friends but sometimes other people don't believe that.

I'm not sure why you are so bothered by this. You must be young. I've met a lot of people on the job and been close to them but when the job with them ends, most of the time with only a very few exceptions, the friendship ends. Friendships at work aren't like friendships one has in school or in their neighborhood.

Beyond what you have already done, you are going to seem like you want to control this situation and make her recognize you for the friend you thought you were. Let it go.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:21 PM

In that case, she is probably concentrating on life with her new boyfriend.

Are you sure that you didn't want more than friendship with this woman? It's just the way you said "we had a mutual understanding that she was in a committed relationship" in your initial post and the fact that you started this thread in the 'Relationships' forum has me wondering.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Maybe the new bf doesn't like her having male friends or males that he thinks were more than friends contacting her. Maybe they had a major issue and decided both of them wouldn't have anything to do with old boyfriends and girlfriends. And, yes, you said you were just friends but sometimes other people don't believe that.

I'm not sure why you are so bothered by this. You must be young. I've met a lot of people on the job and been close to them but when the job with them ends, most of the time with only a very few exceptions, the friendship ends. Friendships at work aren't like friendships one has in school or in their neighborhood.

Beyond what you have already done, you are going to seem like you want to control this situation and make her recognize you for the friend you thought you were. Let it go.
Neither of us will ever really know this, just due to the fact of the circumstances I presented in the OP. We were still pretty cool after I left, so again, we'll never know. And as far as she's concerned, I've only sent her one text, and one FB msg, that's it. I don't understand you people telling me to "let this go" as though I shouldn't wonder or be curious

Old 08-24-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
In that case, she is probably concentrating on life with her new boyfriend.

Are you sure that you didn't want more than friendship with this woman? It's just the way you said "we had a mutual understanding that she was in a committed relationship" in your initial post and the fact that you started this thread in the 'Relationships' forum has me wondering.
I've only explored a few forums on this website, so I wasn't sure were exactly to post this

Old 08-24-2015, 06:49 PM

But did you want more than a friendship with this woman? Maybe she sensed this.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:08 PM

I did, but why does this matter Star? From my experience, women only really know that you like them by telling them directly, or approaching them, i.e. asking them out on a date--- which I never did either. She very well could've sensed this, however I'd venture to say she didn't know for sure, and I even texted her at-the-time man at times, so I definitely was not a roadblock in any way, or pushing up on her like that

Old 08-24-2015, 07:11 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,379 times
So you just let things go without trying to contact her via pay phone or any other communication method for two years. You ignored her for two years and now you expect common courtesy from her when you didn't have the decency to let her know your phone got shut off. Try putting yourself in the position you put her in two years ago.

No common courtesy = no friendship.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
U need to ask
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships