Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 05:44 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,310,855 times

Advertisements

My story hasn't changed. I tried to present the story, without writing a novel (ironic, now), but as questions were asked & confusion was created, I've tried to go back and add more details or additional info to clarify.

I apologize if this info has come out in drips & drabs. First of all, if I included every little detail, few people would've read the whole thing. And I've done all this on my phone, between taking down Christmas decor, along care of my house, etc. I haven't been sitting at a laptop all day (or night).

A lot of my replies have been to defend myself. Some people have made wild assumptions based on what i dont know. Comments like "she brought her own food bc she knew there would be nothing there for her to eat." Really? Rhis was the first Xmas dinner hosted at our house, so not sure how she knew there wouldn't be anything to eat.

I've explained & clarified the dining room issue SO many times, do I really need to do it again? It holds 8. I knew there would be 10 total. So which is better? Leave 2 people alienated in the kitchen, or ALL sit in the kitchen, where there were enough seats, just not at one big communal table.

And where did I ever say I created drama? The whole reason I chose to "vent" on this board is bc I smiled, didn't say anything rude or tell anyone to move, I just made a comment about Taco Bell & moved my plate. No one even knew I was offended at dinner.....because I didn't say anything!!!!!! I kept my mouth shut, kept my cool & chose to vent on a discussion board to AVOID any drama in my house!!!! There was no drama at dinner; all the drama has occurred on this thread!!!

Old 12-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Xil

118 posts, read 274,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It's a fact the SD is a monster.
Dang. That's harsh.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:49 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,082,429 times
Quote:
I don't use terms like "step" or "half" when it comes to kids. They are my kids and I treat them all the same. Even the adult ones.
The OP has already stated she doesn't feel this way. She sees it as his kids and her kids. Only the two year old is her and her husbands kid. I'm sure the step daughter knows she is not family to the OP, so for the OP to take her aside and try to "parent" her would probably not go over well.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Comments like "she brought her own food bc she knew there would be nothing there for her to eat."
You're the one who said this in your very first post.

Quote:
I've explained & clarified the dining room issue SO many times, do I really need to do it again? It holds 8. I knew there would be 10 total. So which is better? Leave 2 people alienated in the kitchen, or ALL sit in the kitchen, where there were enough seats, just not at one big communal table.
Either way you were alienating your step daughter and her fiance with only having room for 8 in either room.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:52 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,558,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xil View Post
Dang. That's harsh.
Anyone who brings fast food for themselves at a family meal prepared by others is a monster. My daughter is a vegetarian but we'd never get her a 7 layer burrito and bring it in at Christmas dinner! She would eat everything without meat and if still hungry afterward she can eat at home. She's 16 and wouldn't dream of being this rude.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Anyone who brings fast food for themselves at a family meal prepared by others is a monster.
I see you, just like the OP, are fond of over exaggerating.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:02 PM

215 posts, read 186,175 times
Wow what a bunch of crabbos

lol

I don't think anything wrong happened and relations between relations should continue as usual/normal
It's just a funny thing that happened

Later on at another gathering when the person ain't around:
"Lol she brought Taco Bell of all things to Christmas dinner! What a trip! Anyways .. [move onto another subject]"

Old 12-28-2015, 06:08 PM
Xil

118 posts, read 274,656 times
Quote:
Anyone who brings fast food for themselves at a family meal prepared by others is a monster.
Just breathe. Breeaathe. You & the OP could use some meditation. It'll put you into a zen state of mind and stuff like this will roll off your backs. Really.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:11 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,637,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeliber View Post
Wow what a bunch of crabbos

lol

I don't think anything wrong happened and relations between relations should continue as usual/normal
It's just a funny thing that happened

Later on at another gathering when the person ain't around:
"Lol she brought Taco Bell of all things to Christmas dinner! What a trip! Anyways .. [move onto another subject]"
This is the best way to handle it. OP, now you know who your stepdaughter is. You can either accept her and come to expect this behavior, or be bowled over by it every time. Your choice!

Old 12-28-2015, 06:12 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,537,181 times
Women and holidays...putting the ovary in overreact.

[Lol...I crack myself up.]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships