Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 12:35 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,797,271 times

Advertisements

They want nothing to do with you.

Let it go.

Move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 12:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,412,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Please elaborate thanks!

It makes no sense that you extend your hand out to that person and they respond like that.
Is that a defense mechanism or did that. It understand what work it out mean?
I would like to hear your personal stories. Have you done this and why?
The deeper meaning is the one who heard those words is looking for an explaination where there really is not one that will ever be satisfactory to them. When someone tells you they do not want to work something out believe them and honestly they owe you nothing beyond that statement.
You appear to believe that over analyzing an issue with one friendship and asking random strangers online what they think is going to give you an answer but it is not. Move on already and focus all of the time and energy on something else.
Please seek a professional who can help you get this situation worked out and get past your current obsession and please do it soon.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:10 PM

17,154 posts, read 13,021,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You've got to let this go.
This. I probably speak for the majority of posters on this thread when I say we're tired of you obsessing about this. There will be other people in your life, so let go of this one. There's always someone who will reject you. Actually, there will be many someones who will reject you: bosses, friends, lovers, coworkers, possibly a spouse or two, and if you're really unlucky, your parent(s). Rejection is part of life for all of us. It sucks, but that's how it is. So accept it and move on to other things.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:30 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,466,001 times
It means go away and stop bothering them! Why can't you grasp this?

Keep it up and you'll be sure to find out that there's a restraining order involved in the "explanation".

Dude - seek help. Really. This is not normal behavior.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:30 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,242,226 times
Ways Adults With Asperger's Syndrome Can Improve Their Social Skills | www.succeedsocially.com

Old 01-10-2016, 03:01 PM

2,078 posts, read 2,027,215 times
I actually have a lifelong friend like the op and I have to admit I avoid her at almost all costs at this point due to the over analyzing of everything the 6 hour long talks about her 7 years divorced ex husband that her behavior drove off . She and 2 other girls were life long friends and one is dead . I have great acquaintances but don't need or want any more really close friends. I'm super private.
The other living one had to cut ties with the one I am speaking of here in 1982 due to the non stop obsessing over a man who broke up with her in 1978 . She just couldnt take it ONE MORE TIME.

Recently , since I don't pick up the phone to her anymore,she texted me that her psychiatrist really thinks and is going to do some testing to see if she has Asperger's. It may not solve anything but there is finally a reason for her behavior .

Old 01-10-2016, 03:05 PM

1,038 posts, read 906,346 times
I have a friend who only talks about herself

she is her favorite topic

Old 01-10-2016, 03:12 PM

11,222 posts, read 9,849,514 times
Wow. How many threads do you need to start to finally get the message that this "friend" wants you to leave them alone. More threads will not get you different answers. Let it go. This friendship is done, finished, the end.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:47 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,298,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Please elaborate thanks!

It makes no sense that you extend your hand out to that person and they respond like that.

Is that a defense mechanism or did that. It understand what work it out mean?

I would like to hear your personal stories. Have you done this and why?
This person doesn't want to be with or associate with you. Stuff like this happens. You need to accept it and move on. Everyone gets rejected at some point in their lives. There likely isn't a deep reason for this; he or she simply doesn't want to be with you any more.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:59 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,277,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This. I probably speak for the majority of posters on this thread when I say we're tired of you obsessing about this. There will be other people in your life, so let go of this one. There's always someone who will reject you. Actually, there will be many someones who will reject you: bosses, friends, lovers, coworkers, possibly a spouse or two, and if you're really unlucky, your parent(s). Rejection is part of life for all of us. It sucks, but that's how it is. So accept it and move on to other things.
Boycott these threads?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships