Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 09:19 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,924,710 times

Advertisements

What does your girlfriend tell you she thinks about what has been going on with this guy? What is her opinion on what you should be doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 09:20 AM

221 posts, read 425,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Oh, oops! Sorry about that. In that case, nevermind.

So all of your threads are about one specific guy? Why do you care so much about the actions of this one particular guy?
It is hard for another person to truly understand the pain of experiencing what I did unless they walked in my shoes and experienced it the self.

Basically this guy who I did a lot for and thought was my friend just changed the last few months before the blow out. I am still wondering so many things. Like was he using me? Was I ever truly his friend? What could I have done to be a better friend? etc.

When you try to build a friendship or make it work it is because YOU care. It hurts when You care and the other person doesn't.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:22 AM

221 posts, read 425,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
What does your girlfriend tell you she thinks about what has been going on with this guy? What is her opinion on what you should be doing?
She just says he's an *******.

She tells me to forget about him. Oh and in her words cause I don't like to cuss. She says tell him to go **** himself.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:26 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,924,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
She just says he's an *******.

She tells me to forget about him. Oh and in her words cause I don't like to cuss. She says tell him to go **** himself.

She has good instincts. You should listen to her.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:28 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,488,569 times
Quote:
I need to proofread better

What I mean is that every response has a reason behind it.

Yes if someone says I don't want to work it out. It means they don't want to work it out.

But possible reasons for why?

Maybe I should have explained it better
Okay, I get it now. Thank you for clarifying.

Why someone doesn't want to work out a problem really depends on the nature of the problem and the relationship between the two people. But when you get right down to it, the person is either too angry or hurt to continue the relationship, or feels that maintaining the relationship is more trouble than it's worth to them.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:32 AM

20 posts, read 42,554 times
Quote:
Please elaborate thanks!

It makes no sense that you extend your hand out to that person and they respond like that.

Is that a defense mechanism or did that. It understand what work it out mean?

I would like to hear your personal stories. Have you done this and why?

Why would you assume they're speaking in code? It seems pretty straight up and to the point - they don't want to work it out.

It means they don't want to work it out.

It means they've reached the end of the line on what they're willing to endure/put up with/give back and are done now.

It means they've gotten a glimpse or taste of a life outside of that station and prefer to explore new horizons.

It means they don't want this anymore. They want this over, in their rearview mirror.

The best thing you - or anyone in this place - can do is to open the door, let them go and set them free. If you try to hold on tightly and push them to change their minds, the only realistic thing that happens next is they grow to resent you, then hate you, and if they're the unstable sorts, that may well end in a homicide to get free of you/whoever.

Don't ever be so frail minded and insecure that you try to manipulate or persuade someone to be with you when they're ready to go. Let them go, grieve the loss, pick yourself up and move forward. Why would anyone try to hold onto someone who didn't want to be with them? That's craziness.

So you've had a disconnect with someone and it's left you wondering why.

The secret to a quality life is when you get to a place where it doesn't matter why...you won't be treated that way, you put it down and move on.

See, your friend could've been a fraud from the start, it could be them or it could be you. Psychoanalyzing them solves zero purpose because even if you get the answer, chances are - based on your thread and responses - you won't accept it. And since you have displayed an unwillingness to leave it be, there's a higher probability your friend cut ties with you because you're obsessive or clingy or suffocating or just up on them all the time and displaying insecurity.

If you weren't doing those things, perhaps the friend in question was just a jerk. Or they found out they've got a terminal illness and will be dead soon and don't want you to suffer their loss.

But it still doesn't matter. This person is NOT your friend if this person doesn't have enough regard for you to clearly define their actions after you've attempted to find out what happened. After that part, the problem lies with you if you keep on at them to tell you what the problem is. It's you.

There are 7 pages here. The 100% unanimous consensus is that the problem lies with you insisting on finding some deeper meaning to straightforward statements, needing a motivation for it and ignoring the reality that there was no spoken code - someone told you they are not interested in working it out and that needs to be ALL you need to know to accept it - because it's not up to you - put it down and move on.

Yeah it'll suck awhile and yeah you'll obsess over it and question it awhile and eventually you'll get over it and get on with your life. The more insecure and childish you are, the more you'll keep working yourself up and having a meltdown over it, or trying to find that loophole that will get them to change their minds.

It'll fail, they will ultimately end up hating you and avoiding you and their memories of you will be permanently negative. The more you keep this up, the more damage you're doing.

People are giving you the correct answer.

Your "story" doesn't matter in the slightest, the bottom line won't change. This person has told you they do not want to work anything out. It means this is over. No matter what story led to it, the last chapter concluded with: I don't want to work anything out.

Let this go, leave them be, accept the end, move on.

Last edited by DelanaQ; 01-12-2016 at 09:50 AM..

Old 01-12-2016, 10:54 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,974,000 times
It's probably no more than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships