Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 08:48 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,931,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
I pmed most posters who responded to this thread. I didn't want to post the full story here in this thread because thousands view the thread. Many of which respond in a mean childish way like you did unfortunately.

I simply asked in a pm if I could tell you my story. You could have just pmed back saying no I don't want to read your story and I would have not bothered you.
I noticed you never responded about having a girlfriend and how you deal with things with her. Interesting how you have all these other problems with other people that you post about, yet never seem to have issues with the supposed "girlfriend".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I can't edit the original post

So I'll do it here.

It makes no sense that you extend your hand out to that person and they respond like that.

Is that a defense mechanism or what. Do they understand what work it out means?

I would like to hear your personal stories. Have you done this and why?
It seems to make perfect sense to everyone but you. The person has gone past the point of working things out. He or she feels that your responses are too problematic to be dealt with anymore. Basically, he or she thinks trying to work things out with you would be more hassle that it is worth.

In a sense, it is a defense mechanism. The person is protecting himself from having to deal with you further because he feels it is too much trouble to try to deal with you.

Most people would probably do this with others with whom they have a close personal or business relationship with. You seem to have done it with someone with whom you are not that close to in the first place. The fact that a more casual relationship would even get to the point where you would feel the need to do this speaks to the fact that what you are doing is inappropriate.

You seem to have problems understanding other people's boundaries and you seem to cross those boundaries with regularity. This would be the main reason that someone would not be interested in working things out with you. Even "trying to work things out" with a casual acquaintance is, in most cases, overstepping the boundaries.

A good example of this would be your thread about trying to get together with your old high school classmates, neither of whom you were exceptionally close to in high school. The fact is, most "normal" people have no interest in doing this and repeated attempts by someone to make this happen will generally raise alarm bells for anyone with some halfway decent boundaries in their lives.

I would suggest you do some reading about personal boundaries. Why they are important, how people set them, and why it is important to recognize and respect other people's boundaries. I think not understanding this important concept is your main problem in your frustration when dealing with others.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:02 AM

221 posts, read 426,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I noticed you never responded about having a girlfriend and how you deal with things with her. Interesting how you have all these other problems with other people that you post about, yet never seem to have issues with the supposed "girlfriend".
The issues I had was with the same guy.

As far as my girlfriend we have are issues at times but thankfully she works with me on resolving those issue when they arise.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
It seems to make perfect sense to everyone but you. The person has gone past the point of working things out. He or she feels that your responses are too problematic to be dealt with anymore. Basically, he or she thinks trying to work things out with you would be more hassle that it is worth.

In a sense, it is a defense mechanism. The person is protecting himself from having to deal with you further because he feels it is too much trouble to try to deal with you.

Most people would probably do this with others with whom they have a close personal or business relationship with. You seem to have done it with someone with whom you are not that close to in the first place. The fact that a more casual relationship would even get to the point where you would feel the need to do this speaks to the fact that what you are doing is inappropriate.

You seem to have problems understanding other people's boundaries and you seem to cross those boundaries with regularity. This would be the main reason that someone would not be interested in working things out with you. Even "trying to work things out" with a casual acquaintance is, in most cases, overstepping the boundaries.

A good example of this would be your thread about trying to get together with your old high school classmates, neither of whom you were exceptionally close to in high school. The fact is, most "normal" people have no interest in doing this and repeated attempts by someone to make this happen will generally raise alarm bells for anyone with some halfway decent boundaries in their lives.

I would suggest you do some reading about personal boundaries. Why they are important, how people set them, and why it is important to recognize and respect other people's boundaries.
The person in question is someone who I had known a year, use to work closely with and when did things friends do. However the last few months before the blow out he changed and started acting differently towards me.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:

As far as my girlfriend we have are issues at times but thankfully she works with me on resolving those issue when they arise.
You had problems with the smoothie shop. You had problems with the high school alumni.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
The person in question is someone who I had known a year, use to work closely with and when did things friends do. However the last few months before the blow out he changed and started acting differently towards me.
So, basically, he was setting his boundaries by becoming detached. You either did not recognize this boundary or did not want to respect it.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:07 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,447,170 times
The OP has asked for stories from, others.

I am wondering if the OP is writing a book or, something and using CD for ideas????

I am cautious person...........I can not help but wonder about this.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:

What is her opinion about the interactions with this guy?

What was her opinion about your interactions with the high school alumni crowd?

What was her opinion regarding the smoothie shop?

Old 01-12-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
You had problems with the smoothie shop. You had problems with the high school alumni.
Now I know you are mixing me up with another poster. If you pull up the smoothie shop thread I wasn't the person who had the problem. As I was not the OP. Same thing with the high school alumni. Not sure where you mixed these up but you did.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/non-r...xperience.html

Smoothie shop thread linked above OP of that thread Kmb501

Old 01-12-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Now I know you are mixing me up with another poster. If you pull up the smoothie shop thread I wasn't the person who had the problem. As I was not the OP. Same thing with the high school alumni. Not sure where you mixed these up but you did.
Oh, oops! Sorry about that. In that case, nevermind.

So all of your threads are about one specific guy? Why do you care so much about the actions of this one particular guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships