Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2016, 09:25 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,143,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Being mean? If they are being mean about your or anyone's look, they are immature and you shouldn't care about immature people's comments.
yes but it hurts my feelings. Plus people on here are always nice about giving me advice & supporting me but there are a few who follow me around on here & criticize me. They make mean and cruel comments. Someone asked me to show pics of my house and I was going to but I just know people would have rude things to say and I dont want to invite that upon myself, if that makes any sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 11:13 PM

10,349 posts, read 14,035,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Call the police and CPS.
On what grounds?

Old 03-11-2016, 11:14 PM

10,349 posts, read 14,035,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I have been crying tonite and while I feel bad about it and dont believe in hating ppl, I can honestly say I dont like my sisters husband

We all live together.. Me, my sister and him, my mom, my siblings and then their son. My sister is also pregnant again. When she first moved here she was pregnant with my nephew and she had left her husband but then he moved in here with us. At first it was ok bc he stayed give a lot and he made promises about gettin a job... yeah right he didnt even try. I just feel like he brings my sister down hes lazy and messy and into drugs. I try telling my sister but she always yells and says I am trying to start stuff and that Im just jealous bc I am alone.

Tonite I worked and came home and all my food was gone. He had cooked up my food that was mine in the freezer. All of it and then my milk was gone and even my back up ramen. Mostly I was most upset about my meat I had bought ground turkey and hamburger meat which I cant afford but I bought bc I am tryin to eat better. But this isnt the first time he has eaten up my food and im just tired of it. I confronted him and my sister and we all got in a big fight they said that Im retarded and whiny and they ganged up on me so I cried and then my mom said I was a drama queen and that Im a worthless b word and it was just a bunch of bad fighting which happens when I say anything

Anyway hes just rude and Im tired of his comments. If I say my opinion on anything he says its dumb or retarded and hes made sexual comments to that I think are gross. I wish my sister could see that she is better then him and that hes dragging her down but she doesnt and defends him. Im trying to be understanding and I put him on the prayer list at my church that he finds work soon.

I dont get paid for 12 more days but luckily my ex boyfriends mom says I can clean her garage for some money... Im grateful but still thatll be a whole day of me cleaning all bc he ate up all my food.

I guess there arent a way to fix my problem besides me moving out but thats not a option. I guess I just wanted to vent since I just feel so angry right now
Unless you're there for financial reasons, move out.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:30 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,768,984 times
Quote:
Do you mind uploading a picture to your profile. We would like to see what you look like.
Quote:
Being mean? If they are being mean about your or anyone's look, they are immature and you shouldn't care about immature people's comments.
Given some of the personal things upsadaisy has posted on here, she should not post a picture. All it would take is one coworker goofing off on the internet to run across her post with a picture and everyone in town would know all of her business.

That goes for every other poster, too. C-D can seem like a small caring community but there are more than a million members. Only if you want everyone you know to read all your posts should you post a picture.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:21 PM

10,136 posts, read 6,505,167 times
Word, Marlow.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:07 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,594,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Given some of the personal things upsadaisy has posted on here, she should not post a picture. All it would take is one coworker goofing off on the internet to run across her post with a picture and everyone in town would know all of her business.

That goes for every other poster, too. C-D can seem like a small caring community but there are more than a million members. Only if you want everyone you know to read all your posts should you post a picture.
What are the chances that a co-worker of hers at a convenient store, from some small town NC, come directly here to City-Data, General Forums, and Non-Romantic Relationships and read her post?

There are a couple of dozen readers on this specific thread and there are over 300 million Americans and over 7 billion international potential readers in the world. The chance of anyone knowing her reading any of her thread is about as slim as her winning the lotto.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:43 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,262,286 times
Quote:
What are the chances that a co-worker of hers at a convenient store, from some small town NC, come directly here to City-Data, General Forums, and Non-Romantic Relationships and read her post?

There are a couple of dozen readers on this specific thread and there are over 300 million Americans and over 7 billion international potential readers in the world. The chance of anyone knowing her reading any of her thread is about as slim as her winning the lotto.
I don't understand why you are pushing her to post her picture? There is absolutely no reason for her to do that.

And, your comments about no one being able to recognize her or figure out who she is may be wrong.

There have been several posters who have commented that they have recognized people that they know in real life from things that they have posted on C-D.

There have been several prolific posters that, if I was truly interested (which I am not), I bet I could "track down" and identify in a couple hours, or less, of searching other public sites on the internet. They may have given one clue in one post, and another clue in a different post, and a third clue in a third post. This is especially true if people post on multiple forums. They may have a car question (which may state the year & type of car) on the automobile forum, and a home repair question, a work & employment question and a restaurant question on their city forum and in just four threads/posts you know where they live, what type of car they drive, what type of house they live in and what type of job they have. Perhaps they posted these questions over several months or even several years so they do not realize how many details about their lives they have now given out to other readers.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:15 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,768,984 times
Quote:

Why are you asking a vulnerable young woman with very few resources to post a profile picture? What is your interest in finding out what she looks like?

upsadaisy's posts have been viewed 128,531 times. If she posted a public profile picture, any one of those people could look at it. This thread has been viewed more than 6,000 times. If she posts on any pages that are local to her and has a public profile picture, it's very possible that someone would recognize her.

I recognized a woman who had never posted a picture but who posted a lot of personal details on our city's thread. She complained about the same things in person that she did online.

Also, if upsadaisy posted a picture anyone could copy it and do whatever they wanted to with it. People do ugly, hateful things all the time.

BTW, I noticed that your profile is private and can only be viewed by friends. You apparently do recognize the need to maintain some level of privacy on C-D.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:29 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,814,387 times
Quote:

Stop trying to manipulate her. Your behaviour borders on predatory because you know her boundaries are flimsy.

Daisy, this is why men treat you the way they do. You don't have to give excuses and apologies for not doing everything they tell you to do.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:44 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,570,167 times
Upsadaisy, you need a life plan. These people who you are related to are going to suck the life right out of you.

Is there a community college preferably with on campus residences nearby? I believe you would qualify for financial aid and work study job.

& do not post pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships