Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 08:23 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,216,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
There are at least two younger half-siblings (from different fathers) in the house.
You are right, I had forgotten that she mentioned them.

Most cities have rules on how many people can live in a certain size home. My neighbors were recently evicted because they had another baby and they already had two adults and three children living in a two bedroom, two bathroom, 1100 square foot apartment. That was too many people in that size apartment under city regulations. I believe that they had even lied when they moved in and said that they only had two children.

How can it possibly be legal for that many people to be living together unless it was in some huge, huge house with many bedrooms(which it isn't) ? I can"t believe that CPS, the landlord or some type of city housing authority does not step in.

Last edited by germaine2626; 03-16-2016 at 08:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 08:31 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,141,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

Most cities have rules on how many people can live in a certain size home. My neighbors were recently evicted because they had another baby and they already had two adults and three children living in a two bedroom, two bathroom, 1100 square foot apartment. That was too many people in that size apartment under city regulations. I believe that

How can it possibly be legal for that many people to be living together? I can"t believe that CPS, the landlord or some type of city housing authority does not step in.
Cps doesnt check on us. Not since I have been back here. And the guy we rent the trailer from doesnt care as long as we pay the rent money, hes actually always nice to us bc we are never late. He has trouble keeping good ppl living in his trailers. A lot of times ppl dont pay him on time or they trash the place.

He knows my bil and sister sometimes use meth though

Old 03-16-2016, 08:36 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,225,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

Most cities have rules on how many people can live in a certain size home. My neighbors were recently evicted because they had another baby and they already had two adults and three children living in a two bedroom, two bathroom, 1100 square foot apartment. That was too many people in that size apartment under city regulations. I believe that they had even lied when they moved in and said that they only had two children.

How can it possibly be legal for that many people to be living together unless it was in some huge, huge house with many bedrooms(which it isn't) ? I can"t believe that CPS, the landlord or some type of city housing authority does not step in.
If mom owns the trailer, no one will check. Even if they are renters, no one will check unless there is a complaint. Local govt doesn't have time to randomly check every apartment or MH in town.

Good advice on this thread. I tired to rep you but I had to spread it around.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:22 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,998,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Cps doesnt check on us. Not since I have been back here. And the guy we rent the trailer from doesnt care as long as we pay the rent money, hes actually always nice to us bc we are never late. He has trouble keeping good ppl living in his trailers. A lot of times ppl dont pay him on time or they trash the place.

He knows my bil and sister sometimes use meth though
Meth users? Are they making their own? Upsadaisy, as soon as you have a place to go, you HAVE to call cps, for the sake of those children.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:45 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,778,350 times
The meth was a bit too much.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:47 PM

4 posts, read 1,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
OP...thinking forward...is there any vocation that sounds interesting to you? You seem to be a caregiver by nature. Maybe a caring profession?
Seems like one of the nicest ideas on this thread. Worth looking into. Homecare, daycare, nanny for starters..

Old 03-16-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
The meth was a bit too much.
Well sorry, but they do. They don't make it but I know that they use. They even have drive. To other states to get it bc its cheaper.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinseeds View Post
Seems like one of the nicest ideas on this thread. Worth looking into. Homecare, daycare, nanny for starters..
I actually wouldn't mind that, I don't mind taking care of others.

Right now my goal is just to move out but I have to save up money to do that. Im working on it.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Meth users? Are they making their own? Upsadaisy, as soon as you have a place to go, you HAVE to call cps, for the sake of those children.
My sister can't do it right now. I think my bil still is. I don't know I just stay away from their room and I keep the kids away from it

I don't do drugs but Im not dumb enough to not know that its happening. I just stay away from it

Old 03-16-2016, 10:23 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,222,395 times
How many bedrooms does the trailer have? How is there enough room for everyone to sleep?

The non-working sister and BIL have their own room. You are the only one bringing in money. Do you have your own room? Where do the kids sleep?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships