Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2017, 10:44 AM

102,300 posts, read 108,429,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Until the woman files for divorce.

The approx., 50% divorce rate for first marriages (higher percentages for the second and third ones) which the woman is the one filing 75% plus percent of them.

No thanks.

Yeah Chip and Joanna Gaines current marriage and family remain to be seen - I do wish them all the best in staying that way.
You made the flip side of the point I was going to make; just because "family men" appear stable to an observer, doesn't mean they are. Some have serious issues, and terrorize the wife and kids at home. That is how divorces happen. (And that's why women tend to be the ones who file for divorce.) Or...not. Maybe somehow they manage to avoid divorce. But what's a pretty picture on the outside can't be assumed to be anything more than a superficially pretty picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 11:43 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
I'm pretty surprised at the negativity here too. There are great family men and there are married men who are not so great. I'm proud to be a committed family man and more than a few of my friends are as well. I was appreciative of the kind words of the OP and am somewhat disheartened by some of the comments that followed. For every position in society (doctor/nurse/medic, police officer, teacher, scientist, tradesman, etc.) there are those who do what they do well and with honor and should be respected. They shouldn't be broad-brushed with the exceptions. Neither should those who are good husbands/fathers or wives/mothers. It shows bitterness and resentment.
Yeah, right. When I was growing up I didn't know any families who were happy. Now that I'm an adult, I also don't know any families who are happy, either. One or both of the spouses are screwing around outside the marriage; and/or there is physical/emotional abuse going on somewhere in the family. No one out there who says they are good "family men" or "family women" fool me one bit.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:10 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,443,633 times
I respected OPs opinion until she classified a whole bunch of men as 'abhorrent'.

Personally, I like good people. Married, single, with children, without, dating, alone... As long as they are decent, I don't care about their lifestyle, but some people have to judge and indulge in their loathing of others.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:17 PM

48,590 posts, read 35,070,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Yeah, right. When I was growing up I didn't know any families who were happy. Now that I'm an adult, I also don't know any families who are happy, either. One or both of the spouses are screwing around outside the marriage; and/or there is physical/emotional abuse going on somewhere in the family. No one out there who says they are good "family men" or "family women" fool me one bit.
Perhaps you should hang out with a better class of people.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-14-2017, 12:23 PM

102,300 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
I'm pretty surprised at the negativity here too. There are great family men and there are married men who are not so great. I'm proud to be a committed family man and more than a few of my friends are as well. I was appreciative of the kind words of the OP and am somewhat disheartened by some of the comments that followed. For every position in society (doctor/nurse/medic, police officer, teacher, scientist, tradesman, etc.) there are those who do what they do well and with honor and should be respected. They shouldn't be broad-brushed with the exceptions. Neither should those who are good husbands/fathers or wives/mothers. It shows bitterness and resentment.
Definitely. And many of them are single guys. How does taking pride in a job well done relate to the family man topic?

Old 05-14-2017, 12:28 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,221,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You made the flip side of the point I was going to make; just because "family men" appear stable to an observer, doesn't mean they are. Some have serious issues, and terrorize the wife and kids at home. That is how divorces happen. (And that's why women tend to be the ones who file for divorce.) Or...not. Maybe somehow they manage to avoid divorce. But what's a pretty picture on the outside can't be assumed to be anything more than a superficially pretty picture.
I won't expand on it but will only say that there are more reasons which are selfish on why "she" files which take first or second place imo of the reasons order.

I pray to those married that they stay that way happily.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:42 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,389,565 times
I love to see Dads out being good dads. Interacting and spending time with their kids. Talking with, teaching, modeling strong moral behavior. It's awesome. The world is lacking this and we definitely need more good dads out there!

Old 05-14-2017, 01:09 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,045,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Typical internet type drivel...

Nothing in my original post indicated anything to draw out this conversation this is your imagination at work and the work of the typical troll that hates anything positive. It's plain and simple and anyone can see it.

If you don't like my postings don't bother replying. I'm going to still sing from the roof tops about how it's great that some men love their wives and kids and I'll praise them.

You can find fault all day. LOL... I really don't care... matter of fact, when I'm not here I won't think of this thread or worry about whether or not some person decided to make a thing about it. LOL.

LOL, it's almost funny how much I don't give a crap about people here who argue with me....
I don't even know what you're going on about anymore. I don't think you do either.

Your weird little attacks on me are uncalled for. I initially responded to someone who brought up divorce and I really have no idea what your problem is with me.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:53 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,329,163 times
Shouldn't we be discussing family women on this day?

lol

Old 05-14-2017, 02:34 PM

52,392 posts, read 52,904,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Shouldn't we be discussing family women on this day?

lol
lol, Yeah, You're right.

Happy mothers day to all the moms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships