Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 07:00 AM

5,035 posts, read 7,501,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinbaby View Post
I keep responding to these dang posts and I rarely get any replies. Everyone applies on CL.
I also use Westside Rentals, Roommates.com, and I even posted a classified in a local newspaper.

Have you posted your own profile on these sites as well as posting your own profile on CL under "housing shared wanted"?
I know a few people who got lucky by posting their own profiles on CL and found rooms in homes for rent that weren't posted on CL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 07:53 AM

8,215 posts, read 8,446,391 times
Huge wake up call for you. Move. To. Another. State.
You can't afford LA.
You can live better on minimum wage in other parts of the country.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:26 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,729,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
You can't afford LA.
How is $40K a year minimum wage?

The OP can afford LA on that salary, renting a two bed/two bath with a roommate and in the area they're currently living in.

And there are very few places in this country that you can live on minimume wage. Certainly not where you live.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:27 PM

427 posts, read 503,006 times
On Saturday, my landlord wanted me to pick weeds in the back of the house. What the heck is going on here?
Of course I said no, but why if I'm paying him money does he want me to do things for him?

Old 06-19-2017, 06:34 PM

102,368 posts, read 108,666,141 times
Quote:
On Saturday, my landlord wanted me to pick weeds in the back of the house. What the heck is going on here?
Of course I said no, but why if I'm paying him money does he want me to do things for him?
What about his other renters? Do you see them outside doing chores, or carrying in groceries for him, or painting the house, or anything?

Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What about his other renters? Do you see them outside doing chores, or carrying in groceries for him, or painting the house, or anything?
I haven't seen it recently, but I know he has in the past.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:22 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,729,737 times
Quote:
As you know we're having a heat wave here. I would have told him "are you crazy, it's over 90 degrees and we're in the midst of a heat wave".

Not that he should be asking you to do this, but why not ask when we had that lovely June Gloom and temps in the low 70s with the marine layer?

Old 06-19-2017, 10:05 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,840,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
You can't afford LA.
DUH.

Other issues are at play here.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
DUH.

Other issues are at play here.
I make a lot more than minimum wage. The problem is I'm not socially well connected so it's tough to find someone to split an apartment with.

And besides, I have a job here. I have a boyfriend here.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:31 PM

1,078 posts, read 945,562 times
Quote:
I make a lot more than minimum wage. The problem is I'm not socially well connected so it's tough to find someone to split an apartment with.

And besides, I have a job here. I have a boyfriend here.
Can you not move in with your boyfriend temporarily? It sounds like a bad situation, but I also think you're making it worse by staying put. It's a bad situation but I believe you teach people how to treat you by what you tolerate, and you're tolerating a mess.

Even a commute for a few months is better than this. Many people commute an hour or two and doing it to save money and bide time while you wait for more pay is better than this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships