Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 12:43 PM

2,496 posts, read 1,874,117 times

Advertisements

Nothing wrong with not liking children. I'm a mother, aunt, grandmother and great-grandmother, and there's a lot of ill-behaved children I don't like, either.

Everyone has something they don't like. Me, I don't like ill-behaved dogs. You know, like when you walk in the house and the dog is all over you and the owners say, "Heehee, isn't that cute? He really likes you!" Well-behaved dogs, I love.

So, you want to see your friends without their kids and I want to see my friends without their bratty dogs. Neither one of us are probably going to get what they want. Be prepared to need to make some new friends.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:48 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,332,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
I was born old.
Not me! I still have trouble adulting!

Old 05-20-2018, 01:05 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,387,275 times
I'm surprised other people are actually willing to be friends with you.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:04 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,391,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreysrey View Post
So I don't like kids, all my friends know this. I told them too if they have kids and invite me to birthday, don't be surprise I'm not going. Kids are cute, adorable, but I just can't stand kids. I'm not going to fake and pretend to be nice and happy being surrounded by their kids. Also, I don't want to waste my money on any of them haha.

Maybe I don't have neices and nephew so I don't understand them. A friend invited me over to her daughter's pre K graduation ceremony, I said NO. Then I told another friend what happened and she said she doesn't know how we are going to be friend if I don't like kids. I told her if she want to cut me off because of this fine with me. This friend is not married and no kids yet so the cutting off won't happen until she does lol.
I'm not a Mom. I was not the happiest babysitter and I do not think kids are cute. But
I suck it up, act cheerfully, and do my duty for my sisters, friends, and elders. These are things you do for those you love. It really isn't that much of a bother for a couple hours at a time.
I don't think you have experienced compassion in your life because it seems you currently have none. Someday.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:32 PM

270 posts, read 211,142 times
I'm just wondering how am I rude when the question need a yes or no answer and I clearly said No. A simple No. Even a No now is consider rude? I can't go, I can't make it... It all comes down to a simple No. I don't feel the need to give explanation after my simple no. Easy clear to understand..NO

Old 05-20-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
Nothing wrong with not liking children. I'm a mother, aunt, grandmother and great-grandmother, and there's a lot of ill-behaved children I don't like, either.

Everyone has something they don't like. Me, I don't like ill-behaved dogs. You know, like when you walk in the house and the dog is all over you and the owners say, "Heehee, isn't that cute? He really likes you!" Well-behaved dogs, I love.

So, you want to see your friends without their kids and I want to see my friends without their bratty dogs. Neither one of us are probably going to get what they want. Be prepared to need to make some new friends.
Exactly! That is how I feel with her kid. Ill-behaved. But do I tell her that? No. I suck it up when I'm out with her to make the best of it.

The kid really got on my nerve when we were at a funeral and all she did was crying for something we don't even understand. Other kids were behaving ok. What does the mother do? Nothing!

My other friends' kids are well behaved, we get along fine.

Last edited by Sreysrey; 05-20-2018 at 02:48 PM..

Old 05-20-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I don't like kids either...which is why I don't have any. I don't know that you're being completely honest with yourself though - you swing from one extreme to the other, but mostly negative. And when you throw in a "haha" and "lol" you just sound facetious.

Do what you wanna do. It's more likely that people with kids will cut YOU off because they have less time and now also have less in common with you - that's kinda normal. But to unfriend people even before they have kids is weird and makes me think there is something more going on - a broader negativity that people don't like. There's no need to be miltantly anti-kid because that points to some other motivation.
The conversation that I was having with my other friend was joking conversation. Don't you ever joke with your friends? She knows deep down that I will be there for her and for all my friends if they need me. There're many ways to support friends beside showing you have to be there with their kids all the time.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:49 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering how am I rude when the question need a yes or no answer and I clearly said No. A simple No. Even a No now is consider rude? I can't go, I can't make it... It all comes down to a simple No. I don't feel the need to give explanation after my simple no. Easy clear to understand..NO
Frankly, if that "simple NO" was what you gave, why are you here asking and arguing with others about it? Something isn't settling right with you or your friends. Maybe a bit of guilt over the delivery? The attitude that went along with it? To quote Shakespeare "The lady doth protest too much methinks."

Old 05-20-2018, 03:20 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,586,534 times
Quote:

A friend invited me over to her daughter's pre K graduation ceremony, I said NO.
A pre-K graduation ceremony is extremely absurd to me.

All of the weird new graduations among grade levels that have developed in recent times are an enormous absurdity that do not need to be recognized, accepted, honored, attended nor given the time of day.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:23 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,058,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
A pre-K graduation ceremony is extremely absurd to me.

All of the weird new graduations among grade levels that have developed in recent times are an enormous absurdity that do not need to be recognized, accepted, honored, attended nor given the time of day.
Yes my life has been irretrievably diminished by the mere existence of these things.

FFS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships