Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 11:37 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,220,487 times

Advertisements

Years ago I was written to by a man in prison that had been given my name from another prisoner that we had contacted through church missions. So we thought it was this one guy and it was another guy. Finally after a year he told us who he was, a murderer. He had said he had a conversion because of our letters. Ok fine and good. However he then decided it was God’s will for us to be together and he would “find a way” to make it happen so my husband wouldn’t be in the picture. Yikes. After a final letter to him rebuffing that idea we never spoke again. We finally heard from him when he paroled and wanted to meet, which we nixed.

Yeah be careful. Ignore it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 11:39 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,446,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Well, they have a lot of time on their hands.

Of course you should ignore it. What did he want that requires an "open mind"?
Probably a romantic companion that's willing to overlook a felony conviction and incarceration?

Old 11-01-2019, 11:39 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,462,161 times
You do not even want to entertain the thought of this guy knowing your presence or thinking about you. Let him move on. Watch enough 48 hours and various crime shows to see that you are better off being invisible. I would hire a waiter or pay a security guard 25.00 to make the call if it happens again. Someone you know or see where you shop. Do your homework - have the number to the prison ready and the contact info of the person that works at the prison to call and a notepad and paper so it is seamless for the man calling.

Old 11-01-2019, 11:42 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,657,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
You do not even want to entertain the thought of this guy knowing your presence or thinking about you. Let him move on. Watch enough 48 hours and various crime shows to see that you are better off being invisible. I would hire a waiter or pay a security guard 25.00 to make the call if it happens again. Someone you know or see where you shop. Do your homework - have the number to the prison ready and the contact info of the person that works at the prison to call and a notepad and paper so it is seamless for the man calling.
Thanks for the specific advise! It's really good. I can never think of these things!

Old 11-01-2019, 11:47 AM

We are highly trained in security where I work. We have mandatory annual training. One of the red flags is a person with an unstable or criminal background. And that person you are referring to has spent years with others with a like or worse background. Your risk is high with any contact with these people. Invisible is good. We are even warned about our social media presence and are not allowed to list our job or where we live on social media.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:00 PM

Lighter Scenario - Watch "Love After Lockup" and see those train wrecks. This is a reality show about people that meet through "Meet an Inmate" dating site. The screaming, drama, lying, drug abuse, theft, return to criminal activity, drinking, lack of employment. You get worn out after a show or two just watching that.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Lighter Scenario - Watch "Love After Lockup" and see those train wrecks. This is a reality show about people that meet through "Meet an Inmate" dating site. The screaming, drama, lying, drug abuse, theft, return to criminal activity, drinking, lack of employment. You get worn out after a show or two just watching that.
I do watch that! Those people are all train wrecks of different kinds. Very entertaining and it's on tonight!

Old 11-01-2019, 12:14 PM

Lol! It is entertaining! We will be watching it too! Husb records it.

Old 11-01-2019, 01:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Hire a waiter???

Old 11-01-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Hire a waiter???
I think that's a great idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships