Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 09:26 AM

43,093 posts, read 18,259,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
another example of a dropped breadcrumb to keep the vagueness and the drama of the thread going for another 20 pages.

if you truely needed advice why hold onto the third most important detail (so far) until now ?
I think OP is on an ego trip..his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2020, 09:28 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,550 times
She wants the d. Go ahead and give it to her.

Old 01-20-2020, 09:31 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,324,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Either this or eventually boyfriend will get tired of her running to you and possibly kick your *****.
The BF may not even care..
Looks like a BF is an opportunist- he does not care- could be living with her for a free/ cheap place to stay in a nice neighborhood? until something better comes his way.
Men could be as good in “using” people as any woman could..
The GF might feel it. Looking to “improve” her chances with a fellow homeowner
And the OP is leading her on...
No reasonable man, homeowner, who allegedly may have an interest in another woman would subject himself to this saga and become her “call” boy

Old 01-20-2020, 11:01 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
I'm single and live a few houses down from my female neighbor. She is not married but has lived with her male partner at least 10 years or more. They act like a married couple from all appearances. All the neighbors know each other for a long time now. I don't socialize with them we are just friendly neighbors. Neighbors 'talk' about other neighbors but gossipy (personal things).

About 3 years ago I noticed she was taking daily walks and I asked to join her to walk. She was enthusiastic. He was fine with it. He doesn't like to walk. So me and her started walking daily. She tells me all about her work ,life, etc. Really more details I care to know. But I'm a good listener. Anyway I stopped walking with her because I wanted to ride my bike instead of walk. And she did something that I thought was very suggestive. Unbelievable really. She wanted me to help fix a zipper in a pair of her jeans! Of course I didn't offer to do that. I acted nonchalant about it. This is now a forgotten thing. No other suggestive acts since.

She recently asked me to help with her car when it had a mechanical issue. Her partner doesn't mind, he's not as mechanical as I am. She asked me for a ride to the auto shop because her partner is at work. I'm ok with helping her. I help other neighbors all the time too with this/that.

But now she has recently started texting me more frequently. About work issues and neighbor issues. This morning a text at 8am to wish late happy birthday. And has been calling me too which she never did before. She recently called me on her lunch time. Again about an issue in the hoa, neighbor, or her work. She often says "don't tell anyone I told you".

But she's never contacted me this much before. When we have talked on the phone she brings up some really personal issues/struggles and I reply to them with I think helpful suggestions/assurance. As a friend would. That's all I can do. But why not talk to her partner? We'll I'm sure she does.

What I want to know is what do you all think this? And about my approach I'm taking, which is not asking her to stop. It doesn't bother me. I think it will slow down.
They're probably swingers, and she wants to get you in on some action. They take their time, feel you out, gain your trust and BOOM....next thing you know they're naked in front of you.

That's what my friend told me.

SS

Old 01-20-2020, 03:32 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,386,497 times
The zipper thing should have clued you in to her lilne of thought. Her aim is to create ideal conditions to eventurally "capture" you. Helping people out is fine but you also have to be selective. You will have to stop interacting with her, period, unless you want to go along with her.

Old 01-21-2020, 07:09 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
Im not sure why you're even answering her phone calls. You have voice mail. If its something you need to speak with her about, you'll know from her voice mail. Otherwise you are just feeding her addiction to you. Yes thats what it is. Going on way too long. Answer her texts and vm on a "need to know" basis. And wanting to know what vet you use is not a "need to know". "Help, someones breaking into my house" is a need to know, tho even with that she should call 911 first.

Actually, you should not answer any phone calls from her, period. Let her text you and then you decide what needs a reply. Then you're in control. And Im pretty sure there will be very few texts that need answering.

Old 01-21-2020, 07:14 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
I have a feeling OP is going to come back some day after being accused of something by this neighbor. This is an obnoxious thread all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships