Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 11:05 AM

11,130 posts, read 9,767,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Hmm. Hard to say if she has a crush or just really really wants attention. Either way, if you aren't interested and don't want to hurt her feelings or sour the relationship then you'll have to play the game in your own way.

How? Play the part of the disinterested hunk that she'll pine over. Give her small bits of attention here and there, but maintain an air of ambivalence and never commit to any obligations or promises of future help, appointments or conversations. Be polite, and if she gets insistent then gently remind her that you have your own affairs to look after and that you're living your life on your own terms.
Why in the world would he want to do this? He doesn't want her to "pine over" him. He says he is not interested, and your suggestion will just egg her on and then eventually hurt her feelings when he has to shut her out. Playing these kinds of BS games is what causes some people to go wacko and become stalkers, etc. It's best to just be unavailable, she'll get bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 11:23 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post

How? Play the part of the disinterested hunk that she'll pine over. Give her small bits of attention here and there, but maintain an air of ambivalence ...
That's exactly what he's been doing. Well, not necessarily the hunk part, but disinterested neighbor.

Old 01-12-2020, 11:40 AM

1,142 posts, read 579,315 times
I'm still wondering about the fix her zipper thing. Was she wearing the pants??
Anytime a man comments to a woman complaining about her husband/BF, it is inappropriate. That should be ignored. Even my female friend who negatively comments on her husband, I leave it alone. Even when I see how horrid he is.

My concern is you already do not respond to her texts yet she continues to text. That's way too much. She's trouble. Not adultery material anyhow. Think Fatal Attraction. It only gets worse the more she is attached to you. Time to stop answering the phone so much when the caller ID indicates it's her. Slow it down. Don't give out personal info of who you have a crush on or not, that is leading her on telling her she's moved up to close friend status w/you. Keep it at a simple neighborly friendship. Good luck

Old 01-12-2020, 12:58 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,819,196 times
When Harry met Sally.

Old 01-12-2020, 01:05 PM

17,758 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
He doesn't want her to "pine over" him.
Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
He says he is not interested,
That's what he says...

Old 01-12-2020, 03:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Stop answering her text messages and phone calls and if you run into her and she says something about it just say you've been busy and haven't responded to anyone.

When she stops getting attention she'll move on to some other sucker.

Old 01-12-2020, 06:54 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,147,064 times
I don't care how sophisticated people think society has become, there are general behaviors between men and women that will always remain the same. This woman clearly wants something more from you. Maybe you don't want that but you enjoy the attention which is why you answer the phone.

No woman in a committed relationship is going to seek out a male "friend" to call all the time. She is pursuing you.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:18 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,542,422 times
Sounds like she might be unhappy with her BF and is testing the waters with you. Disengage if you feel this is happening as long as she is still with her current BF. You never know who you are dealing with.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:38 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,444,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
And she did something that I thought was very suggestive. Unbelievable really. She wanted me to help fix a zipper in a pair of her jeans! Of course I didn't offer to do that. I acted nonchalant about it. This is now a forgotten thing. No other suggestive acts since.

This 'broken zipper' thing is the key information. The woman asking you to fix her pants zipper was your invitation to get physical, or at least try to. You showed no interest, so she hasn't put herself out there again.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:04 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,671,669 times
I think you are both getting something out of this dance.

Why did OP post so much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships