Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 09:00 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Yeah that's far less salacious than I was expecting. Still weird, though.
Well, honestly I cannot tell if she is into him or just needy. She seems to have asked a lot of favors. I know from my own experiences that sometimes when people have a helpful friend they end up asking more things.

I also know from me personally that I like male friends and would talk to one about the same things I would a female friend like she is doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 07:17 AM

1,159 posts, read 620,805 times
Interesting. I think because you are allowing it, she's continuing. Also because she's lonely. You gave her a opportunity and she's taking advantage.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:25 AM

3,648 posts, read 1,603,700 times
It's Tuesday 9:15 am and she just texted me. Asking for city ph# to pick up old furniture.

For years I've been a responsive friendly neighbor. I would reply to her contacts. And she only asked for something every now and then. Now it's almost daily. I did not reply to her last four texts. You all say don't reply so that's what I'm going to do. If I see her I will tell her I saw it and then forgot about it because I'm on a big work project.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:02 AM

669 posts, read 321,303 times
Some people have mental issues. She seem to exhibit it.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:18 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
It's Tuesday 9:15 am and she just texted me. Asking for city ph# to pick up old furniture.
I wonder what purpose her boyfriend serves, exactly. What do they even talk about???

Old 01-14-2020, 11:01 AM

11,130 posts, read 9,767,171 times
Why would she think you know that? She's holding the most powerful research tool in the world in her hand. She should just look it up herself. She can do that just as easily as you. She's finding excuses to contact you.

Old 01-14-2020, 11:27 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,585,712 times
Her texting you at these times of day/night and the favors she's asking are far more than a casual/neighbor friend would.
She is either interested in you more intimately or using you as brother/friend.

Her husband or boyfriend may not be jealous at all because maybe he has another intimate partner.

Maybe they're in an arranged marriage. Are they Indian, Asian or Middle-eastern?

If he's the quiet passive-aggressive type, you could become a fatal victim of violence by communicating with women in a committed relationship that may be going bad. At least let her or current husband move out of the home. Not while they are together. You are taking a lot or risks for what reason, to be an overly friendly neighbor?

Old 01-14-2020, 11:58 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,242,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Her texting you at these times of day/night and the favors she's asking are far more than a casual/neighbor friend would.
She is either interested in you more intimately or using you as brother/friend.

Her husband or boyfriend may not be jealous at all because maybe he has another intimate partner.

Maybe they're in an arranged marriage. Are they Indian, Asian or Middle-eastern?

If he's the quiet passive-aggressive type, you could become a fatal victim of violence by communicating with women in a committed relationship that may be going bad. At least let her or current husband move out of the home. Not while they are together. You are taking a lot or risks for what reason, to be an overly friendly neighbor?
That's a whooooole lot of speculation.

Apparently, her boo is not handy, and she texts the OP instead of googling. It really could be that simple.

I think the OP (and many posters here) are reading WAAAAY more into it than is warranted.

Old 01-14-2020, 02:06 PM

3,648 posts, read 1,603,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Why would she think you know that? She's holding the most powerful research tool in the world in her hand. She should just look it up herself. She can do that just as easily as you. She's finding excuses to contact you.

Yep. Who doesn't know how to google for city info? Took me 10 seconds to find the number online. They have a PC (that I help set up) but they are very PC illiterate. They only reason they have a PC is to apply for jobs, which I also have to help them with as they struggle using email and passwords. He does though play online games. They don't have a printer and have asked me to print for them before (they reimburse me). They are both afraid of using the PC for any personal business, no banking, pics, docs, etc.

I thought they used google but now I'm not really sure. You know they might not even use google. I wouldn't be surprised. Butwhy not text her bf or get him to help or after work? I don't know if she has data on her phone. You see, now I have to find out. Do they use google at home? I want to ask her that. If she says yes then I will ask "did you know you can look up ph#'s really quick?" I can't wait to hear what she says.

They are not middle-eastern, he is not cheating on her. She is very outgoing, he is not.

Old 01-14-2020, 02:12 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,024,415 times
They both sound oddly infantile in some ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships