Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 06:07 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

This seems inappropriate. Are you roughly the same age?

Walking daily, for years with a woman you're not in a relationship with, and now she's calling and texting you all the time, is too much. If you're not interested in a romantic relationship with her, (and breaking her up from her current boyfriend) I would think it would be wise to break this off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 07:14 PM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This seems inappropriate. Are you roughly the same age?

Walking daily, for years with a woman you're not in a relationship with, and now she's calling and texting you all the time, is too much. If you're not interested in a romantic relationship with her, (and breaking her up from her current boyfriend) I would think it would be wise to break this off.

We only walked maybe two months. I'm not interested in her. If it doesn't slow down I will respond less and less. There's nothing to break off. She calls with a 'hey wanted to let you know...' re hoa but then maybe about her daughter etc. Important things in her life but not mine.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:16 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
She's bored.

Stop replying to her texts.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:34 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
She's bored.

Stop replying to her texts.
This.

I would not want to be the sounding board for someone's boredom. That is their issue.

I had a neighbor, a woman, who wanted to start texting me constantly. I stopped replying to her. She kept me in her group text and she texts stupid stuff all day long to people and it looks like they don't respond to her anymore either. If someone can't talk to me face to face or on the phone I don't want to be involved with them.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:46 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
I'd back away from that. Nothing good can come of it. How do you know her boyfriend is ok with it? Because she tells you he is? Unless you talk to him now and then and get the sense from him that he's ok with it, I'd not put much stock in it. Or maybe they are swingers and that's why he's ok with. In any event, this has the potential to cross some lines and lead to problems and living a few houses away means there is little escape. If you want to keep her as a friend, make sure they are both your friends.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:56 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
I'm not seeing a problem here.

OP, you seem to be suggesting that this woman is into you in a sexual way. From what you've written, I'm not getting that impression. More details about the zipper thing may change my viewpoint, though.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:42 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
It's possible she was just used to talking with you all the time from walking, and now you don't do that anymore so she is trying to keep up the friendship this way.

This makes me wonder if a neighbor friend thinks I am flirting. I got his number from a mutual neighbor friend when I was in a place where I cared about the HOA and wanted to chat with him more about it since he has a different perspective and talks to people I don't.

I guess that is always a question when opposite sex is involved, whereas if I started texting a female neighbor more often this would not be one.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:59 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Women can see what a woman is doing, like a man can see what a man is doing - or whoever the opposite love interest is.

This woman is interested in you. This is not a "friend" interest.

So, it's up to you how to deal with that.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:28 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
As a woman, I think I agree with ^^^. The fact that she texts you with all this stuff that really has nothing to do with you makes me wonder if she's looking for male attention. It may be that she's bored with her partner and wants to use you for her listener. This is how stuff starts, and it always seems to be pretty innocent at the beginning. She tells you stuff about her daughter, then later she starts telling you stuff about her relationship, then starts to complain about her partner,and eventually you become her crying shoulder. This is how my first husband and I broke up. He became a co-worker's crying shoulder, and then he developed feelings for her, and it just built itself into a big thing that exploded all over two previously okay marriages, hers and ours.

If I were you, I would only reply to texts that actually have something to do with you, and that require your reply. If she's just blabbing about HOA or her family just don't reply. Keep it to a minimum and definitely short and casual. I mean really short, like "OK" or "Thanks".

Old 01-11-2020, 08:44 AM

6,301 posts, read 4,197,862 times
What do I think. You are allowing her to be in your life and asking you to do things for her that her partner, family or friends should be called upon. You are not her friend. Stop responding, and ignore the texts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships