Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 03:57 PM

3,649 posts, read 1,603,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
It kinda makes logical sense to me that if she enjoyed chatting with you on the walks that, when you stop walking and chatting with her, she'd pick another way to chat with you. That's how friendship/acquaintance-ship work, yeah?

Unless she is texting 10 times a day (not in one conversation) or saying inappropriate things, what's the big deal? Also, as long as her partner knows about you -- have you ever met or been friendly with him? But really, people are allowed to have friends. I'm not one of those odd people who think you can never be friendly with the opposite sex.

The OP has indicated nothing inappropriate at all.

Right. The walks started a friendship. She called a 2nd time later today. That call was about a neighbor, her house, her bf's mom, just about every current detail in her life, etc etc. Then she texted me after that with an update on the neighbor. I don't reply to her texts. I answer her calls to be a friendly neighbor. She makes friends with anyone who will listen to her talk. He bf is the opposite and likes to stay to himself. He knows this about her. I just started to make friends with another lady on a nearby street I know from the hoa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 04:17 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post

Right. The walks started a friendship. She called a 2nd time later today. That call was about a neighbor, her house, her bf's mom, just about every current detail in her life, etc etc. Then she texted me after that with an update on the neighbor.
Aww, y'all are BFFs!

Old 01-11-2020, 04:56 PM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times
OP, I think you are flattered by the attention.

I'd still like more info about the zipper. Did she want you to fix the zipper while she was wearing the pants?

Old 01-11-2020, 05:12 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,681,384 times
Quote:
Right. The walks started a friendship. She called a 2nd time later today. That call was about a neighbor, her house, her bf's mom, just about every current detail in her life, etc etc. Then she texted me after that with an update on the neighbor. I don't reply to her texts. I answer her calls to be a friendly neighbor. She makes friends with anyone who will listen to her talk. He bf is the opposite and likes to stay to himself. He knows this about her. I just started to make friends with another lady on a nearby street I know from the hoa.
It sounds like she’s an extrovert and her boyfriend is an introvert. It doesn’t mean you have to answer all her texts or calls, or if you do answer her texts, you can answer them slowly.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:13 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
She is a friend who wants more, but you want less. You just need to moderate the contact. I bet she’d bring you chicken soup if you were sick, but you don’t want a blow by blow of her life, or to know the business of all your neighbors, then just don’t answer the phone or texts unless you want to.

Old 01-11-2020, 07:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
It sounds like you're okay with this and unwilling to change your behavior to stop it - so what is this thread really about?

Old 01-11-2020, 08:50 PM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It sounds like you're okay with this and unwilling to change your behavior to stop it - so what is this thread really about?
He wants to know if we think the neighbor wants him.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:55 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,051 times
Quote:
So specifically what do you want to between you and your female neighbor?

Old 01-12-2020, 06:26 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
Sounds to me like she wants you as a replacement for current partner.

Old 01-12-2020, 06:32 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,051 times
Quote:
So, specifically what do you want to happen between you and your female neighbor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships