Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Amendment 1
Yes, I support it 27 18.49%
No, I do not support it 119 81.51%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:43 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,703,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
So good going NC - way to make yourself the laughing stock of the world. I have FB friends from as far away as the UK making fun of us. "NC - you can marry your cousin... just not your GAY cousin". Forget the fact that you can marry your cousin in tons of "progressive" states today... That bit of truth doesn't matter when you embarrass yourself with a vote like this. Shameful.
At least the Bobcats are no longer the most embarrassing thing about NC...

Old 05-09-2012, 06:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Why is it "right to preserve marriage"? How will allowing gays to get married negatively affect the quality of your marriage (or your potential marriage if you are single)? How will your marriage be destroyed by allowing gays to marry?
Why don't you tell me why something has to affect another personally for it to be considered wrong?

Old 05-09-2012, 06:45 PM

Meck County commissioner Bill James wants to end domestic partner benefits as soon as possible..

O-pinion: Bill James: County needs to end domestic partner benefits

Old 05-09-2012, 06:54 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
I attempted to stay out of this thread, because I have nothing to debate, as my views are based on my Faith and undebatable....but this comment is perplexing. Why imagine what God has to say about it.... just read His word! That is why it's there!
Then you should have instead of embarassing yourself in a public forum.

Let's see now, do you work on Sunday's? death penalty
Did you back talk your parents growing up? death penalty
Have you not killed your children when they talked back? OOoo.. your sky guy doesn't approve, you're going to need to collect a lot of glory tickets to get back in its favor.

Your buy bull is not a bowl of fruit where you get to pick the pieces 'you' like and ignore the rest.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why don't you tell me why something has to affect another personally for it to be considered wrong?
In the context of this discussion:

Just because you may consider a practice or belief to be "wrong", why does it matter to you if other people engage in practices and beliefs thay you consider to be "wrong"? How does it affect you?

I don't believe in the dogma or teachings of the Catholic Church...but just because other people believe in that, it does not bother or affect me personally. I would never remove the right of people to practice that religion.

In this case, if someone believes that homosexuality / gay marriage is wrong, why do they care if two gay people get married? If it does not affect you, why not allow them to do that? Why take that right away from them just because you, personally, disagree with that lifestyle. If it does not affect you, why do you even care what others do?

I have no issue if someone thinks homosexuality is wrong or immoral. I have an issue when people want to force everyone else to accept their beliefs and punish those who do not share their beliefs.

(I don't know you or your beliefs, so I am using the term "you" above in a general sense and not directing those comments to you on a personal level)

Old 05-09-2012, 07:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Meck County commissioner Bill James wants to end domestic partner benefits as soon as possible..

O-pinion: Bill James: County needs to end domestic partner benefits
And so it begins, the knuckle dragging bronze age embracing ignorant loons will be in a feeding frenzy for a while.

I wonder if he feels that he will be getting some "glory tickets" for his afterlife by endangering children that will lose health care if he succeeds. Does he even give a damn about anyone other than his own selfish and ignorant self. After all this sky guy he is basing on this has agenda on has historically really seemed to get off on causing harm to innocent children.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:18 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Well fellow North Carolinians, get ready to experience the ridicule that states like Alabama and Mississippi receive on a daily basis.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 PM

351 posts, read 632,798 times
The anti-amendment crowd folks here are just blithering idiots. Honestly, let me try to help you out here.

All you're doing with all this name calling and labeling is making the other side even more resentful. Ever notice how when things don't go your way, you yell and scream and name call? Then when things do go you way, you yell and scream and have parades with half-naked men in the streets.

Either way, you absolutely LOVE to stick your "gayness" in everyone's face. Doesn't matter what happens, you just want to flaunt your lifestyle in front of the world at every chance you can.

Seriously, how many parties and parades have you seen today promoting our victory? Not a freakin' one. We've gone back to work and our own lifestyles and that's it. We're not rubbing this victory in your face and I guarantee you 110%, if your side had won and this amendment would have been voted down, we wouldn't be on here talking about how "nobody's gonna do business here" and "NC is just a bunch of queers".

Yes, we'd be upset we lost but there's no way we'd be all over the media and certainly not resorting to name calling like here in this thread.

So if you want to, continue on. Call me what you will after I hit the "submit reply" button. I honestly do not give a care in the world. I'm going back to my life and tomorrow, I'll be just as happy as I was two days ago.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
The anti-amendment crowd folks here are just blithering idiots. Honestly, let me try to help you out here.

All you're doing with all this name calling and labeling is making the other side even more resentful. Ever notice how when things don't go your way, you yell and scream and name call? Then when things do go you way, you yell and scream and have parades with half-naked men in the streets.

Either way, you absolutely LOVE to stick your "gayness" in everyone's face. Doesn't matter what happens, you just want to flaunt your lifestyle in front of the world at every chance you can.

Seriously, how many parties and parades have you seen today promoting our victory? Not a freakin' one. We've gone back to work and our own lifestyles and that's it. We're not rubbing this victory in your face and I guarantee you 110%, if your side had won and this amendment would have been voted down, we wouldn't be on here talking about how "nobody's gonna do business here" and "NC is just a bunch of queers".

Yes, we'd be upset we lost but there's no way we'd be all over the media and certainly not resorting to name calling like here in this thread.

So if you want to, continue on. Call me what you will after I hit the "submit reply" button. I honestly do not give a care in the world. I'm going back to my life and tomorrow, I'll be just as happy as I was two days ago.
We are on different sides of the amendment issue, but I think this guy hits the nail on the head. See my earlier post about whiners.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:42 PM

351 posts, read 632,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Northerner View Post
You people are incredible. Reading through this forum, you'd think Hitler was back from the dead and on the rampage in North Carolina.

Despite this media driven blitzkrieg, the gay marriage movement remains the minority.....a fact supported time and again at the polls through the democratic process that made this country great to begin with. In addition, I find it conveniently ironic that the faction who continually cry "inotolerance" to a proven majority of American citizens seem to be the same faction who are perpetually unaccepting of these completely fair and lawful election results.

Stop and consider, gay marriage proponents: There are millions of good people across America that simply do not subscribe to your lifestyle. They don't want their kids growing up thinking it's ok to marry a person of the same sex, because to them it is against the laws of nature, and yes.....against the teachings of their religious affiliations. Most of them do not bear you any ill will, they simply choose to resist your efforts based upon the above mentioned. They are certainly no more intolerant of you than you are of them, judging from the things I'm reading in here.

BTW, If gay people want to marry, there are currently 6 states, one district, and at least two Indian Nations in America where it is legal, not to mention Canada and most of Europe are gay paradises. If the rest of America is such a pit of backwardness to you, then I suggest you high tail it to one of those spots, pronto, so as to be free of the supposed oppression that has befallen you.
I just found this post. Very well put Northerner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina