Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Amendment 1
Yes, I support it 27 18.49%
No, I do not support it 119 81.51%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,283,706 times

Advertisements

Deplorable and despicably mean spirited. Gay marriage was already illegal and this legislation was just petty and hateful.

Ashamed to call myself an NC native, and incredibly glad I left the state for greener pastures seven years ago...

Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,374,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
Indeed. One of the worst parts is that so many people can support evil stuff in the name of Christianity. Imagine what God's thinking about all of this.
I attempted to stay out of this thread, because I have nothing to debate, as my views are based on my Faith and undebatable....but this comment is perplexing. Why imagine what God has to say about it.... just read His word! That is why it's there!

Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 PM

606 posts, read 904,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
I attempted to stay out of this thread, because I have nothing to debate, as my views are based on my Faith and undebatable....but this comment is perplexing. Why imagine what God has to say about it.... just read His word! That is why it's there!
Tons of churches, ministers, and others came out against the amendment in NC. I guess their interpretation of those words is much different than yours.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I don't know what is worse about you. You unabashed arrogance, or the willful ignorance you have shown in your posts.
OOOOooooo....... I'm crushed. It's not my problem you think the truth sucks, and your point was still invalid, irrational, and incorrect because by your own admission it is limited to only those you know.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
I would have voted no - because while the amendment is right to preserve marriage as between a man and a woman - it fails to allow for civil unions. That is a mistake - one that N.C. should remedy.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,706,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
let me guess... you live in Rowan County?

lololololol.

well let me counter you here. the smartest people I've met, all had advanced degrees. And the smartest man I know has a Ph.D. I'd wager my entire worth that he'd humble anyone you've ever brushed across, especially your preacher.
I habe an advanced degree myself. I used to be in academia (at Hopkins) and deal with a lot of people on a daily basis who have PhDs and MDs. Many are very smart...but some of them are as dumb as a box of rocks.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:16 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,706,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I would have voted no - because while the amendment is right to preserve marriage as between a man and a woman - it fails to allow for civil unions. That is a mistake - one that N.C. should remedy.
Why is it "right to preserve marriage"? How will allowing gays to get married negatively affect the quality of your marriage (or your potential marriage if you are single)? How will your marriage be destroyed by allowing gays to marry?

Old 05-09-2012, 06:19 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,033,203 times
So good going NC - way to make yourself the laughing stock of the world. I have FB friends from as far away as the UK making fun of us. "NC - you can marry your cousin... just not your GAY cousin". Forget the fact that you can marry your cousin in tons of "progressive" states today... That bit of truth doesn't matter when you embarrass yourself with a vote like this. Shameful.

It will forever escape me how a conservative party so bent on "keep government out of my life" continues to produce legislation like this and using government to dictate what is right and wrong morally. The whole thing reeks of hypocrisy and speaking out of both sides of your mouth at once.

Politics ruled by money wielding religion to keep the serfs at bay... It's mind boggling how we can go backwards so far and so fast. I'm ashamed.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:26 PM

545 posts, read 595,138 times
PEOPLE!! GET OVER IT! Marriage will soon be a obsolete, archaic institution in about 30 years!!

11 Interesting Charts About The Decline Of Marriage In America - Business Insider

Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 PM

164 posts, read 357,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post

Read his word? Alrighty then. Did you know that according to His Word, you can beat your wife? Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina