Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2006, 08:28 PM

11 posts, read 36,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertyme40
i t would seem to me if everyone wanted a friendlier attidude they would do it in there native state. do you think that coming here will solve your sourpuss attidude. i doubt it yanks are naturaly grumpy you can see it on there faces.
no i do not care for your slang ,accent, or common vulgarity.
yes i have been around yanks a lot and i do not like them sorry that is the way it is

There are some pretty nice, friendly and happy yankees, thank you! My husband is kind of grumpy, so maybe it's the men and not the yankees themselves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2006, 08:49 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueb
There are some pretty nice, friendly and happy yankees, thank you! My husband is kind of grumpy, so maybe it's the men and not the yankees themselves!

Old 06-07-2006, 09:12 PM

212 posts, read 922,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing

Perfect response..thank you

Old 06-07-2006, 10:46 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
okay, there's the love the nc ppl have for yankees!!! i knew it would come out sonner or later!!!

not all feel this way of course

Old 06-10-2006, 04:00 AM

285 posts, read 1,090,735 times
PattyNJ,
I don't have your email address, will you please contact me? It is important.
Peggy

Old 06-10-2006, 05:29 PM

741 posts, read 3,509,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegmomof4
PattyNJ,
I don't have your email address, will you please contact me? It is important.
Peggy
Hope everything is OK. I'll e-mail you now

Old 06-10-2006, 06:44 PM

285 posts, read 1,090,735 times
Default Everything is fine

To Patty,
All is fine. I need your help. I have someone who wishes to interview you and I don't have your contact information. Email me and I will send you my phone number.

Peggy,

Old 06-15-2006, 09:22 AM

107 posts, read 354,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCKatie
You are very welcome and I was sincere about my post. I seem to be walking a tightrope here and angering or frustrating some people (jerseymom I'm sorry). I'm not very forthcoming with the names of the "most perfect town" or publicly steering everyone to a specific town and I'm sorry about that - truly I am, but I am more than willing to tell you what I know about specific towns when asked if I know anything about them.
O.k. NC Katie, Thanks again for your wonderful postings ! Do you have any info that you would like to share on Apex NC ?? I would truly love to hear it !!

Old 06-15-2006, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM210
I agree,the story was very inspiring.I also feel my dh and I should do what's best for our immediate family but my parents beg to differ.My Mom doesn't believe in moving out of state.No one in our family does,my grandparents(her parents)live 10 mins from her as do all of the aunts,uncles cousins etc.While it's nice to have a wonderful close knit family, they don't pay our bills! We are in CT and it just seems like it's going to be harder to stay here and live comfortably.Wish I had the guts to make the move!
My inlaws have decided to give us a year to make sure our move was the right thing for us and then they said they would follow . I am grateful !!

Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese
Well, hopefully we'll have a better go of it than you did.
I'm counting on it !!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina