Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 04:44 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times

Advertisements

You're a tall white guy from NEPA. You and Fisheye probably have the same calves.

I was going to write more, but I'm having some computer problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 04:58 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,236,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You're a tall white guy from NEPA. You and Fisheye probably have the same calves.
or lack of thereof.
And, just so you know, ( not speaking for Fisheye here) I never had nuthin' to do with no young female Bovines..
Iffen I did, you woulda heard their cowbells a'ringin!
yessiree Bobtail!

Old 10-28-2017, 08:21 PM

2,466 posts, read 2,764,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
so we should be happy we live in this area because you don't like electric heat?
Uuuhh what? I was responding to the cooler nights comment. I didn’t realize everything in this thread was “on topic”.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:04 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,236,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
Uuuhh what? I was responding to the cooler nights comment. I didn’t realize everything in this thread was “on topic”.
Not to worry Creme, Sometimes some of the personalilties of the posters here are just 'off topic'.
Maybe something to do with the shorter days and longer nights?

Hey, are you guys in Nepa getting any of the heavy rain yet?
(I am posting now @ 9:00 am Oct. 29.
We have a flash flood/ wind alert on.

Usually, when I get back from the beach, I hosed down my fishing gear, beach chairs, etc.
Today I just put all the stuff in the backyard and will let the heavy rain do all all the work for me.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Not to worry Creme, Sometimes some of the personalilties of the posters here are just 'off topic'.
Maybe something to do with the shorter days and longer nights?

Hey, are you guys in Nepa getting any of the heavy rain yet?
(I am posting now @ 9:00 am Oct. 29.
We have a flash flood/ wind alert on.

Usually, when I get back from the beach, I hosed down my fishing gear, beach chairs, etc.
Today I just put all the stuff in the backyard and will let the heavy rain do all all the work for me.
Why hose something down if it's going to rain? I've done that. Free water!

*At least I haven't posted in the photo forum recently.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:31 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
While I know that we complain about lack of sun, too cold, not enough snow or too much snow; I think that we have it fairly good. When you look at what is happening in Houston or what happened with Sandy to our eastern seacoast; we have it good. Yes we have had extensive flooding and loss of life in our area; but, in general, our catastrophes are mild in comparison to others. Many on the Susquehanna will disagree and I have seen the flooding up there. I saw the river turn into an ocean in 1972 and much of Wilkes-Barre was under that ocean. But we have higher ground; those in these costal areas have no higher ground.

We also have very few tornadoes while I watch one spawn after another around Houston. When was the last time that people in our area felt an earthquake?

I just feel that, after watching what is happening; we are very lucky. I wish all the people in Texas good luck. I hope that they get all the help they need to rebuild. It is going to be long time before they will see dry ground.

Back on-topic please.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:08 AM

It was cold on Halloween. The kids had to wear coats over their costumes. It was a bit of of a bummer. We only had five groups of kids come to the house.

Years ago, we always ran out of of candy. When the teenagers showed up, I'd give them microwave popcorn, and ramen packets. A couple of kids got SpaghettiOs or whatever. I asked the teens to tell me me a joke or something interesting.

Dirty jokes (punches pulled) and hints on how clean up my computer stuff.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:42 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It was cold on Halloween. The kids had to wear coats over their costumes. It was a bit of of a bummer. We only had five groups of kids come to the house.

Years ago, we always ran out of of candy. When the teenagers showed up, I'd give them microwave popcorn, and ramen packets. A couple of kids got SpaghettiOs or whatever. I asked the teens to tell me me a joke or something interesting.

Dirty jokes (punches pulled) and hints on how clean up my computer stuff.

It was very windy here, but not as cold as there.....

Old 11-04-2017, 06:06 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It was very windy here, but not as cold as there.....
Kids are too afraid and lazy to climb our four hundred foot driveway - we like it like that (more candy to eat)! I think that it has been ten years since our last trick or treaters.

But, yes, our area has changed. When we were kids Halloween was a month long celebration. We kept going out until we got thrown out of all the homes! It wasn't this thing where you can only trick or treat for three hours on the 31st. We would go out in scary costumes; like a bag over our heads one day and a box over our heads the next day - sometimes we would use a feed bag.

We would spend all year double daring and triple daring each other to soap the windows of the farmer that shot at us. At least we became familiar with the 'safe' range of fine shot! It was so much more exciting back then!

Old 11-18-2017, 11:52 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
That is an incredibly privileged and ignorant statement. People in North Korea are being starved, imprisoned, beaten, brainwashed, and exterminated by Kim's autocratic government.

It's one thing for you to say you don't like the guy who got elected, but it's offensive to compare the U.S. to North Korea.

you are putting thoughts in my post that exsist only in your mind not in mine i see no comparison in my post ---the post expresses sadness for this country under this administration that has become a circus imho

off topic too!

Last edited by auntieannie68; 11-18-2017 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: topic response
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania