Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 07:32 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

This isn't a political thread, it is in fact, about Pennsylvania, and literally Wilkes-Barre, Scranton and the Pocono area, and why we're fortunate to be living here.....so....

but ok, if I must, sure am glad I'm not living in North Korea....that's for sure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 10:56 AM

ok, this is the part I'm not liking, about this area, but, you can't have it all....

It is now starting to dip down and become colder, and this still isn't too bad, love the cooler evenings, but any colder, blah....I don't like the cold at all, but love spring, summer and fall...plus, this is the greatest area to live, b/c we don't have too many crazy storms, tornadoes, tamatoes....and such...

Old 10-26-2017, 11:30 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,236,615 times
Tomorrow is supposed to be 63F at Island Beach State Park tomorrow with full sun,
NW breeze ( land breeze) @ about 7 knots...

Going down tomorrow, Jeep Cherokee is packed/gassed up to ride on the beach..might be my last trip down this year unless there will be an exceptionally splendid day in November.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Tomorrow is supposed to be 63F at Island Beach State Park tomorrow with full sun,
NW breeze ( land breeze) @ about 7 knots...

Going down tomorrow, Jeep Cherokee is packed/gassed up to ride on the beach..might be my last trip down this year unless there will be an exceptionally splendid day in November.
I've gone down over Christmas and spent many days down there in the winter, it was lovely, a whole different world....jeeps on the beach, horses, dogs, lots of people surfing in wet suits. Not crowded at all....loverly....wasn't very far from Island Beach....actually was at Brighton Beach....

Have a great time Mr. Magoo....

Old 10-26-2017, 11:45 AM

8,080 posts, read 7,451,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
ok, this is the part I'm not liking, about this area, but, you can't have it all....

It is now starting to dip down and become colder, and this still isn't too bad, love the cooler evenings, but any colder, blah....I don't like the cold at all, but love spring, summer and fall...plus, this is the greatest area to live, b/c we don't have too many crazy storms, tornadoes, tamatoes....and such...
That foliage, tho.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
That foliage, tho.
huh? Sorry, don't understand, you have to sometime draw me pictures.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:05 PM

8,080 posts, read 7,451,105 times
Quote:
huh? Sorry, don't understand, you have to sometime draw me pictures.
"That foliage, tho" is a play on the popular urban phrase "Dat ass, tho". (In the original phrase the words "that" and "though" are deliberately misspelled).

Foliage refers to the colorful leaves we have in the Northeast at this time of year. Some folks might say that we have to accept the colder weather in order to see the foliage. Hence, when one person complains about the weather, another person might pipe up and humorously interject "Dat foliage, tho".

Old 10-26-2017, 01:06 PM

2,466 posts, read 2,766,292 times
Quote:

I so don't want to turn on the heat yet. This electric heat business is for the birds.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:50 PM

30,541 posts, read 16,236,133 times
so we should be happy we live in this area because you don't like electric heat?

Old 10-26-2017, 05:24 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,236,615 times
Quote:
I've gone down over Christmas and spent many days down there in the winter, it was lovely, a whole different world....jeeps on the beach, horses, dogs, lots of people surfing in wet suits. Not crowded at all....loverly....wasn't very far from Island Beach....actually was at Brighton Beach....

Have a great time Mr. Magoo....
thanks creme, there is quite a few horses on the beach after labor day.
Brighton Beach is lovely.

Remember your friend that passed away... owned the Rooster's Coup?

I told you my friend from Lambertville married a girl who worked at the shop?

I am hopefully hooking up with them this weekend or next..
The wedding pics were taken at your friends home on the hill..I was in the wedding party.

I just found out that your friend, sweetheart that she was, paid for the young ladies tuition to a business school too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania