Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 12:53 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
What a silly azz I am...my wife came from teaching her class, and I asked her if she was going to grab a bite before we headed out to the Flea Market?

She gently reminded me today was FRIDAY!

Our dear Gerania is very familiar with the New Hope/Bucks County/ area.
This is the movie we will be seeing on Sunday at the County Theater.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA6DUgpY3gQ
Creme Brulee, are you familiar with the County Theater?

Here is a link. County Theater
Oh my goodness yes, I have been there, several times, but forget what I saw....and yes, loved it. Doylestown has developed strongly and nicely...over the years, it's so changed for the better.....

thank you for sharing this...the movie looks excellent...gave me chills

Trudy would so love all these movies....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 04:20 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,234,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
LOL, your right, they were only on Sat. The Golden Nugget!

Can't tell you how much I loved their huge screened in back porch and that kitchen. Lovely!
Trudys former house on the hill is a Brick Georgian style....which afforded beautiful views of the Delaware River, especially in late Fall, Winter, and early Spring.
Lambertville Flea Market is indeed open on Saturdays, but biggest day is Sunday..when all the 'old pros' take their selected tables...
Tables cost 50 dollars on a Sunday...
Wednesday, only 20 bucks..amateur day, but many great bargains to be found by pro pickers.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:54 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
What a silly azz I am...my wife came from teaching her class, and I asked her if she was going to grab a bite before we headed out to the Flea Market?

She gently reminded me today was FRIDAY!

Our dear Gerania is very familiar with the New Hope/Bucks County/ area.
This is the movie we will be seeing on Sunday at the County Theater.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA6DUgpY3gQ
Creme Brulee, are you familiar with the County Theater?

Here is a link. County Theater
Sort of...kind of. This summer I read the menu of every restaurant in New Hope. I wanted a nice dinner. Something casual, but really good food. You want how much for that? Not paying $40 for a piece of fish.

I love Bucks County. It has almost everything (no ocean) that I could ever want...covered bridges, parks, lakes, nice towns, quiet areas. I've walked miles and miles there. I feel that you don't really know a place until you walk or bike it.

I once got lost on some small road south of high rocks. I pulled over and a woman who was at home that day spent ten minutes telling me how to get out of there. When the road splits here, don't take the left. When the road splits there, don't take the right. It's a dead end. She was really nice.

That's my Bucks County experience. According to me, it's full of really nice people.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:11 PM

'High Rocks'
I think that if I met you in another life, or maybe in this one..years ago...
It would have been a lovely place to sit and share a bottle of wine with you on an Autumn afternoon.
I think we would make each crazy with laughter exchanging stories.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Pt7M0weUI

Old 09-16-2017, 04:57 PM

Ralph Stover State Park. https://www.mountainproject.com/v/ra...ocks/106133953

There's no way that we wouldn't have told each other our life story. You and mike, fisheye, creme, varmint are the sort of people I can really talk to.

My son's friend's mom married for the second time today. Five o' clock. The reception was supposed to be in the lovely yard of their new house. It started pouring with rain at about six. I hope the house has enough room for all of the gusts.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:21 AM

Yo, six older Italian guys from Philly asked him about his tie. They noticed his crispy, diagonal comb back. He bought gel for the occasion. Should have been Brylcreem.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:42 PM

'a little dab will do ya,
Brylcreem, you'll look so debonair,
Brylcreem, the gals will all pursue ya
they'll love to get their fingers in your hair.'

Did your lad look handsome?

Does he look like his dad?

i know he inherited your modest gentle soul.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:53 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Sort of...kind of. This summer I read the menu of every restaurant in New Hope. I wanted a nice dinner. Something casual, but really good food. You want how much for that? Not paying $40 for a piece of fish.

I love Bucks County. It has almost everything (no ocean) that I could ever want...covered bridges, parks, lakes, nice towns, quiet areas. I've walked miles and miles there. I feel that you don't really know a place until you walk or bike it.

I once got lost on some small road south of high rocks. I pulled over and a woman who was at home that day spent ten minutes telling me how to get out of there. When the road splits here, don't take the left. When the road splits there, don't take the right. It's a dead end. She was really nice.

That's my Bucks County experience. According to me, it's full of really nice people.
LOL, yes it is!

Old 09-19-2017, 12:43 AM

Quote:
'a little dab will do ya,
Brylcreem, you'll look so debonair,
Brylcreem, the gals will all pursue ya
they'll love to get their fingers in your hair.'

Did your lad look handsome?

Does he look like his dad?

i know he inherited your modest gentle soul.
Dad was a Vitalis man.

He looked smashing.

Mom, mom, mom, look at my hair. Where's your shoe shine box? Like my new belt?

He doesn't look a thing like dad. My husband got a heavy dose of the Sicilian genes. My son resembles me and both of his grandfathers. My dad was Welsh and Irish, father-in-law polish. Both were thin, fair, and had blue eyes. Son's are hazel, though.

At least we know who his mother is.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:22 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
I just want to say that I think we are still lucky. I hope mr.magoo doesn't blame Maria on my wife; her name ends with an 'e'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania