Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 07:34 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We had 41 when we woke up this morning. I saw the Weather Underground reported 39 in Mt. Pocono - but that might be good for us? If the cold front is especially strong it could turn Irma out to sea or, at least, over NJ! Sorry NJ; it's every Pennsylvanian for ourselves! Just kidding; hopefully it pushes that hurricane far out to sea! We all have to keep a close eye on a very dangerous storm.
Love this cooler weather, but yes, hopefully Irma will peter out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 09:39 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
I have a place on the west coast of Puerto Rico Rincón..( Rincón means left corner) an that is where it is if you look at a map of PR

Irma's projected path right now is to skirt NW above mainland PR and give San Juan a bit of a drenching and some winds.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are supposed to be gorgeous at the Jersey Shore, the Mullet bait fish run will be starting soon, and the fishing will improve greatly.
I'm going down on Tuesday..the Labor Day crowds will be gone, back to work, school and the Island will be quiet and near empty.
Still hundreds of Snapper Blues in the surf, so there is always dinner when we get home..stop at a farm stand, pick up some heirloom tomatoes,, sweet corn, a melon...
Fry the little Snapper Bluefish 6-8 inches whole, after gutting...very tasty when they are that size..
Good luck with Irma; I hope she leaves all of us alone!

Old 09-03-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Love this cooler weather, but yes, hopefully Irma will peter out?
We enjoy the cooler weather. Great to get outside and take care of the last preparations before the freeze sets in. I mowed yesterday and planted some grass seed right before the rain. I have to do some painting and caulking to make sure we are prepared.

Old 09-03-2017, 05:01 PM

342 posts, read 318,438 times
We are fortunate to live in NEPA:

We have 4 real seasons. Winter is cold, but not unbearable. Summer is hot but not too much that you can't spend the entire day outside.

We have our share of rain, but at least we never have to worry about a water shortage or raging wild fires that destroy thousands of homes like out West.

We may not have the strongest economy, but at least the cost of housing and cost of living is low. Traffic is also reasonable.

If you have a good paying job or successful business, you can live very well here.

Old 09-03-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey340 View Post
We are fortunate to live in NEPA:

We have 4 real seasons. Winter is cold, but not unbearable. Summer is hot but not too much that you can't spend the entire day outside.

We have our share of rain, but at least we never have to worry about a water shortage or raging wild fires that destroy thousands of homes like out West.

We may not have the strongest economy, but at least the cost of housing and cost of living is low. Traffic is also reasonable.

If you have a good paying job or successful business, you can live very well here.
Thank you! But keep it down; we do not want to challenge Mother Nature until Irma is history!

Old 09-04-2017, 05:29 PM

32,934 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Thank you! But keep it down; we do not want to challenge Mother Nature until Irma is history!
We don't want Irma envying Irene. That wouldn't be pretty.

Speaking of cat fights, my son told me that he was carrying his cat from the bathroom and he accidentally kicked a bucket near the tub. She was frightened--very skittish cat--and sunk her claws into his chin. She couldn't retract one, and he had to tear skin to get it out.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
We don't want Irma envying Irene. That wouldn't be pretty.

Speaking of cat fights, my son told me that he was carrying his cat from the bathroom and he accidentally kicked a bucket near the tub. She was frightened--very skittish cat--and sunk her claws into his chin. She couldn't retract one, and he had to tear skin to get it out.
Make sure you put on Polysporin or other antibiotic. Cat scratches can cause infection: https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/dise...t-scratch.html. The chin is close to the brain and you want to make sure he does not get infected. Hopefully you don't have anything to worry about; but it pays to take precautions.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:43 AM

32,934 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Make sure you put on Polysporin or other antibiotic. Cat scratches can cause infection: https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/dise...t-scratch.html. The chin is close to the brain and you want to make sure he does not get infected. Hopefully you don't have anything to worry about; but it pays to take precautions.
He doused it with peroxide, applied polysporin, and covered it with gauze. He sent me a picture which really caused me to laugh. Patch of gauze on his chin and tape up to his hair line. Yeah, that'll do. LOL

Old 09-05-2017, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
He doused it with peroxide, applied polysporin, and covered it with gauze. He sent me a picture which really caused me to laugh. Patch of gauze on his chin and tape up to his hair line. Yeah, that'll do. LOL
Good to see that he took precautions! You never know!

It looks like Irma is taking aim at southern Florida. There will be another 5,500,000 people at risk or maybe even more. It is hard to tell where the hurricane will end up after that. It's a very dangerous storm and we need to keep our eyes on it. Many in Florida should be evacuating.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:43 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
PA is very mild when it comes to weather. Yes we have summers and winters, but none of them are extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania