Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 02:21 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Care to tell that to the Legion of Doom who, as an aggregate, wants to "score" with Janet Evans?! LOL!
Well Paul, I wouldn't tend to agree with that group either. I think Janet would make a good mayor, but I would never call her a savior or that's she's going to swoop down on the Electric City and save it like Superwoman. It's not happening.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:22 PM

858 posts, read 3,044,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Whats gets me is the people on TV saying this is the most exciting day in their lives. That's pretty pathetic when a politician getting elected to an office makes for an exciting day. They must lead pretty boring lives. I don't get that emotionally attached to any politician, even the ones I voted for and supported. In the end, they're just part of the political machine and that's that. There were college students saying now they can do whatever they want in life as long as you work at it and put the effort in. You mean it takes Obama to get elected to inspire you to do things in life. Again, sitting around waiting for politicians to get you motivated is pretty sad. Obama is just a politician folks, just a human being, like the rest of us, he's no savior of miracle worker.
I watched some of all that today!! I find it soo funny people even took time off from work and spend money for a trip to DC, what a waste of time and money...

Old 01-21-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusOnlyVoice View Post
I'm going to weigh in on this now ... CHS89 Paul or whatever ... no longer posts at Pilchesky Deceit. I quite frankly do not know how Pilchesky Deceit keeps coming up on this forum. If someone who is a poster there has an opinion here ... we are not the ones to bring up that site. I read this site daily and I have to say that I really don't post much here because of that fact.

I thought that this was a forum for all to express their opinions ... I try to respect them and would hope for the same in return ... but that does not happen here. I don't even post in how long and you all slam on the site metioned above. Amazing.

I am not looking for a response here ... and Coartist if you are reading this and can have my membership here cancelled I would really appreciate it. I have never felt more unwelcome and stifled on any message board ... including DohertyDeceit.

I thank most of you for your friendship ... as most here are truly great people ... but this has not been the most pleasant experience of my posting on any message boards.

Oh and just to add ... Obama is not the only president to spend money on the inaugral festivities ... all presidents that I can remember ... and I'm no kid ... has had inaugral festivities that include the parade. Maybe you all just forgot that! That parade is more for the people ... the festivities are for the people ... we want a celebration ... we want to feel hope ... a hope that things will be better ... I for one wanted to watch ... I only wish I could have attended.
Come on, get a grip. This is only a internet forum. It's not that big of a deal. You state your opinion, we state ours and that's it. Don't take what some say on here to heart, I certainly don't.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
I watched some of all that today!! I find it soo funny people even took time off from work and spend money for a trip to DC, what a waste of time and money...
These people obviously have too much time on their hands. I didn't even watch the thing on TV. I never watch any inauguration of any President in the past. I have better things to do.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:27 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Well Paul, I wouldn't tend to agree with that group either. I think Janet would make a good mayor, but I would never call her a savior or that's she's going to swoop down on the Electric City and save it like Superwoman. It's not happening.
Janet needs to learn how to "play well with others." I have yet to see even one council meeting where she hasn't tried to push every other member on council under the proverbial bus in order to make herself seem superior in the eyes of the people. Hell, one speaker at last week's meeting even chastised Mr. McGoff for letting council members eat/drink while not admonishing his savior, Janet Evans, for sipping on her iced coffees all the time. The Legion of Doom can't see through that. I can. Even tearing up during the last meeting while talking about her mother's birthday left my jaw agape for a full minute as I tried to digest what I had just seen---had she really just name-dropped her own MOTHER in order to gain more favor in the eyes of those who can't see through her charade? She MIGHT be a good mayor, but if she can't learn to stop putting herself first by nailing herself to the cross when she doesn't get her way in order to curry greater favor with the public, then she's going to fail miserably when elected. NOBODY likes a mayor who can't compromise or sacrifice when it is required of them. I'm not exalting the other council members here either, as I realize they're often times just as bad, but I have yet to understand this odd "infatuation" everyone has with Janet Evans. Are the people of Scranton really THAT dumb if they think she's the "Messiah?"

Old 01-21-2009, 02:32 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Paul, 2 thing's 1 the guy isnt black.. Re: watch the vid, above.. #2, why must you always bring "Gays" into some type of topic?? It has nothing to do with obama.. Isnt there some kind of gay forum on C-D, that you can go on and talk about that stuff all day long.. Im not trying to be ignorant or anything but come on... Already... Its getting old!!
It's too bad your post was deleted by the mods from that thread on the Florida forums!! I was about to "cut & paste" it here to refresh your memory of YOUR posting on a gay thread!! If "gay" issues "bother" you so much, why do you perpetuate it on your own??

Your intolerance is getting old!!

Even Dan, who I do not agree with on some issues, has the depth of character to treat the gay issue with dignity. That has earned my respect, despite our political differences.

Maybe we should start opening our mouths about the MULTIPLE times on various threads we read about "you & your wife trying for a baby" (which brings to mind images we'd rather not think about...). But that's OK right??

If you're gonna double-standard, make sure you cover ALL angles!!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:36 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,662 times
Quote:
I was not questioning their motives at all. They can vote for who they choose. I was saying probably most blacks voted for Obama solely because he is black.
First you say you don't question their motives at all, and then you continue by saying they only voted for him because he was black. How is this NOT questioning their motives?

Old 01-21-2009, 02:44 PM

Some wonderful things our new President is doing. He is going to lift the ban that was in place where tax payers money wouldn't go to support and build abortion clinics in other countries. Great, now our money is going towards helping others kill babies. And he wants to release the terrorists in Guantanamo Bay that we were holding down there. Wonderful.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
First you say you don't question their motives at all, and then you continue by saying they only voted for him because he was black. How is this NOT questioning their motives?
I was making a statement, not asking a question. I'm getting tired going in circles with you. You make a federal case and pick at every little thing I say. It's getting old already.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:48 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
It's too bad your post was deleted by the mods from that thread on the Florida forums!! I was about to "cut & paste" it here to refresh your memory of YOUR posting on a gay thread!! If "gay" issues "bother" you so much, why do you perpetuate it on your own??

Your intolerance is getting old!!

Even Dan, who I do not agree with on some issues, has the depth of character to treat the gay issue with dignity. That has earned my respect, despite our political differences.

Maybe we should start opening our mouths about the MULTIPLE times on various threads we read about "you & your wife trying for a baby" (which brings to mind images we'd rather not think about...). But that's OK right??

If you're gonna double-standard, make sure you cover ALL angles!!
What really irks me about people like John is that he's uncomfortable with the notion of alternative sexual orientations merely because he automatically aligns his mind with the imagery of us fornicating. When I see a younger heterosexual couple walking hand-in-hand at work the first thing that pops into my head isn't "I wonder how their parts fit together?" Usually I smile inwardly, pleased to see two people so happily in love while hoping that someday I, too, may know what that feeling is like. If I were a heterosexual male and saw two women (or yes, even two men) holding hands while walking down Lackawanna Avenue in Scranton, I wouldn't think twice. They're two people who are consensually in love. Why not just be happy that they were able to find someone to make them feel so complete instead of picturing everyone rutting at each other? The people who find alternative sexual orientations so repulsive are usually the same ones who can't get beyond the "sex" issue. Whether I prefer to be on my knees, upside down on the roll bar of a Jeep Wrangler, or inside-out on my honeymoon night is absolutely NONE OF YOUR BEESWAX!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania