Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 06:36 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,825 times

Advertisements

Well, it's definite. Bill talked to his mom last night & she's positive for lung cancer. She never smoked, but her breast cancer spread through a node to her lungs.

We're not sure of treatment yet, (she has CHF & diabetes plus her age to take into consideration), but we're heading up to Gainesville this week to see what options are...

Here we go again!!

See ILP, looks like JG's gonna be caregiver yet again...I'm polishing my halo & getting myself "fit" for a set of wings... As I always tell you, you're much stronger than you think & will do fine when & if the need arises!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 06:49 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,585,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Well, it's definite. Bill talked to his mom last night & she's positive for lung cancer. She never smoked, but her breast cancer spread through a node to her lungs.

We're not sure of treatment yet, (she has CHF & diabetes plus her age to take into consideration), but we're heading up to Gainesville this week to see what options are...

Here we go again!!
((((((JungleGeorge)))))) Hugs to you! I'm so sorry about Bill's mom's diagnosis.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
((((((JungleGeorge)))))) Hugs to you! I'm so sorry about Bill's mom's diagnosis.
Thanks for the [[[[[[[ ]]]]]] Enya!! Always something to deal with, but it could always be worse!! (look at what poor ashley's going through...)

Old 01-31-2009, 08:27 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,402,138 times
JG I'm sorry to hear about Bill's Mom's diagnosis. I hope they can find a course of treatment soon.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
JG I'm sorry to hear about Bill's Mom's diagnosis. I hope they can find a course of treatment soon.
Thanks LIAC!! The chemo for her breast cancer almost did her in, so I have no idea what they've got planned. Maybe the chemo "pill"....

You know what they say....the "Golden Years"....

Old 01-31-2009, 11:16 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
Oh gosh.......Well, I hope things aren't as bad as it seems......
Our daughters friend has breast cancer and just had to go for drastic surgery.
She is still holding the jewelry party in a week or so because " she is bored"........
Brave people out there, aren't they.........
You and Bill are like traveling angels.....two very special people......show us those wings!!!
( I know you have them........you do)

Old 01-31-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
You and Bill are like traveling angels.....two very special people......show us those wings!!!
( I know you have them........you do)
LOL!! No wings Mrs. Summering!! We just do what we gotta do.... She told Bill she changed stuff into his & his sister's names & she doesn't want them to sell her house to the next-door neighbor...this is very unlike her, so we don't know if she's telling us the whole story.....(she doesn't like us to worry...) We'll know more when we get up there...

Did ya see the pix of me squashed under the bridge a page or 2 back??

Old 01-31-2009, 07:13 PM

No I have to go look for that.......YOU under the bridge........Ohhhohohohoho

I'll tell you one thing. Listen carefully to his Mom. My Mom gave me more hints then my mind would take in. Very meek and mild hints.......little things. My brain seemed to block out that these were hints. So I wanted to mention to you. Because they know something, or feel something.....and try to just say the little things.

Going to find the bridge.............

Old 01-31-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
The sharks are doing their annual migration in our area & some surfers caught this video right by us!! Some area beaches have been closed since the sharks are seen in shallow water too!!

Local surfers' close call with a jumping shark West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Treasure Coast local news, weather, live radar, investigative from Newschannel 5 | WPTV.com
I saw this on TV...........Our daughter had a home in Boynton Beach.
We went to the beach and it was closed due to a shark sighting that day.
Finally they let us in, but it was a bit spooky. I don't remember having that happen anywhere in Florida, or NJ. But, some areas have sharks all the time like New Symrna beach.....We have been lucky I think, or we just didn't know what was swimming by us....That could be it.
What I hate was the red tide from about Palm Beach all the way down.
That is like having an ocean full of chiggers. Our neice had to go to the doctors over it.......he asked right away.......was she swimming in the ocean? For some reason she didn't get showered off properly I'm guessing.

BTW........the car.......and you under the gate JG. Oh Gosh, too darn funny. I would have just stayed on the curb for a later pick up...

Old 01-31-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I saw this on TV...........Our daughter had a home in Boynton Beach.
We went to the beach and it was closed due to a shark sighting that day.
Finally they let us in, but it was a bit spooky. I don't remember having that happen anywhere in Florida, or NJ. But, some areas have sharks all the time like New Symrna beach.....We have been lucky I think, or we just didn't know what was swimming by us....That could be it.
What I hate was the red tide from about Palm Beach all the way down.
That is like having an ocean full of chiggers. Our neice had to go to the doctors over it.......he asked right away.......was she swimming in the ocean? For some reason she didn't get showered off properly I'm guessing.

BTW........the car.......and you under the gate JG. Oh Gosh, too darn funny. I would have just stayed on the curb for a later pick up...
We have the shark migration every year, so it's just "old hat" here...but that video's pretty cool!!
The red tide's a pain...so's sea lice, jellyfish, urchins, etc. I'll take my pool thank you!!

One of the times I was in Barbados, my friend & I laid on those inflatable mattresses & watched the clouds go by....after a while I sat up & looked around & the island was WWWAAAAYYYYY over there!!! We had floated out to sea!! You never saw 2 people paddle so fast in your life!!

When I was in St. Lucia, we went snorkeling. I was scooty-pooping around some rocks about 100 yards offshore looking at all the pretty fishies, & all of a sudden an eye the size of a dinner plate blinked up at me!!

I didn't stick around to see what it was attached to!!

Every time we go snorkeling down in the Keys, I'm always paranoid about the barracuda....a friend in Barbados & his brother used to dive for black coral & carve & sell it. He had scars all over his body, & I asked him if it was shark bites. He said no, the sharks you just smack on the nose if they get too close, but the barracuda will come at ya like a pack of wolves if they see something shiny (like a ring) on you!!!

All that's why I prefer my pool...I don't have to keep watching out for anything but my next beer!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania