Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 06:01 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Off to the beach today hopefully.........because even though today is in the 70's......This weekend will be "awful" "awful"......Sat, Sun and Monday.......Yikes. Do you believe Monday it just may SNOW.....Comeon', Comeon'.....Its spring isn't it? I saw daffodils down here......I did....
I hear it will be cold in Florida too.......JG are you listening?
March is usually the best winter month here in SC.....I really hope the weatherman is wrong....
The movie I want to see is not out yet. But, I will have to pick one or two and head there.....
I don't want to look out the window at bad weather, and the Coastal Mall is so bright, and sunny....
Monday's gonna be around 70 here & Mon night around 48, so 1 more cold snap... Hopefully the last for the season!!

In the meantime, this weekend's gonna be in the 80's, so ya know where JG's gonna be!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 AM

For all of y'all who are cold up there....a little daydreamin'....

HSNWR - Martin County, Florida

Old 02-28-2009, 05:07 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
Oh even I am dreaming............cause.............Summering had rain today and grey skies.
OK now, look at TX they had 101..........
I'm ready for that, yes.........I want to go swimming now. Tomorrows good........send heat!

Old 03-01-2009, 03:26 PM

Brenda and Steve took their six-year-old son to the doctor.

With some hesitation, they explained that although their
little angel appeared to be in good health, they were
concerned about his rather small penis.

After examining the child, the doctor confidently declared,
'Just feed him pancakes. That should solve the problem.'

The next morning when the boy arrived at breakfast,
there was a large stack of warm pancakes in the middle of
the table.

'Gee, Mom,' he exclaimed. 'For me?'

'Just take two,' Brenda replied. 'The rest are for your father.'

Old 03-02-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Oh even I am dreaming............cause.............Summering had rain today and grey skies.
OK now, look at TX they had 101..........
I'm ready for that, yes.........I want to go swimming now. Tomorrows good........send heat!
Well, winter's back even in South Florida!!

Walked outside into a balmy 42 degrees!! You know JG ain't gonna be workin' out in the jungle today!!!

I Love Pa...I'm adding on to the grotto area now...I cleaned out the area adjacent to it, bought $400.00 worth of tropical plants, ordered a 4-foot recycled polywood bench & now have to do up a concrete path & pad. It's gonna be a nice seating area where instead of standing, you can sit & meditate in an outdoor "room" with arching palm fronds overhead giving it a "cathedral roof" effect & splashing water from the fountain adding nicely to the bird's singing!! I'll post pix for ya when I finish...probably next week if this cold continues....

Old 03-02-2009, 05:53 AM

Well ILP, I decided to post "before" pix so you could get an idea...the area was a "wasted space" full of debris still from the '04/'05 hurricanes, so I cleaned it out, got the fountain working again & got the "vision" of how to utilize the area...

Last edited by Jungle George; 06-12-2009 at 10:46 AM..

Old 03-02-2009, 05:58 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,706,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I'm going to plead the Fifth here!
You should do that more often.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:39 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,004,553 times
42 degrees!!!??!!!! Gee, George.....that is balmy!!!! It's supposed to be -15 degrees windchill here today.

I'm still pretending I'm in the tropics. I'll wear these flip flops and listen to the noise when I walk past the fireplace. Post those pictures! They will assist my fantasy!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:56 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
Rockky, good mornin' to ya'..........Don't you love that yard the JG is working so feverishly on?

I'm pretending too. It is cold here this AM........and yesterday we had rain. No snow though.......

This has been the coldest winter I have had in my eight years of coming to MBeach......

I'm about ready to put on my flip flops, hop into the cart, sit in my beach chair.......and pretend to feel the warm sun.

Yes, JG about now.......since its March......and the daffodils are freezing, that I see out there......
42 sounds quite pleasant. ( Summering off to take a picture of the daffodils).......

Old 03-02-2009, 07:23 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,004,553 times
Mornin' to you as well, Sum!

Yes, it's snowing in NEPA. Not as much as must have hit the coast to the east of us. It didn't really begin snowing here until around 7:30 a.m. Nothing last night like they predicted.

I still love it here. I love PA! When I go to Wilkes Barre and see that view of the Wyoming Valley at the top of RT. 115 it makes me smile. It gives me such a feeling of peace. I see the same sort of view to the west of RT. 81 near Hazleton.

I see it when I return home to York Co. PA is just beautiful!! Yes, there are some areas that aren't so lovely. I just think that, even in those places, there's beauty if you look for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania