Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:41 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,680,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The Arlington Police are asking for the investigation/are investigating? Or are they, too, under investigation?
They are involved because they are investigating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Voting should be as EASY as possible as long as you are legally allowed to do so. EVERY effort should be made to incorporate everyones voice and clearly the GOP is ganging up against that idea (no matter how effective it is or isnt)
I think it was the Moran campaign who was ganging up on that idea by casting other people's votes for them.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:48 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
They are involved because they are investigating.
Thanks for clarifying. I thought that's what you were saying, just wanted to make sure!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The heavy times most places are early in the morning and after work. Elections laws generally mandate that anyone in line when the polls officially close is allowed to vote.
Yes, if you're in line by 7:00 pm, you'll be allowed to vote. An Election Officer will come out and announce "the polls are now closed" and at that point no one else can get in the line but anyone in it will vote.

Keep in mind that the parking lot may be crowded so you may have to circle or park somewhere outside the lot, and allow time for that.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:46 PM

881 posts, read 2,091,564 times
Quote:
I am voting tomorrow, and boy I just hope they make it 3 in a row on BS laws and racial profiling! Maybe I should bring a hidden camera with me.
I'm not white, either, and I've voted here in VA for decades. I'm calling you out. You & a few others are trying to turn a reasonable question into a political thread, and I do hope the mods show up...

Old 11-05-2012, 05:18 PM

464 posts, read 479,191 times
You can camp out but I'm going to be at my polling place around 4 just like four years ago.

I always show my ID with my voter card. They never asked to see it but I give it to them anyway.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:03 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,315,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayess1 View Post
I'm not white, either, and I've voted here in VA for decades. I'm calling you out. You & a few others are trying to turn a reasonable question into a political thread, and I do hope the mods show up...
Yea I am making it up. Whatever makes you feel better. I bet you are the type of person who doesn't believe racism occurs around here either. I see it far too often, from being called a camel jockey terrorist by a former coworker to being told by a former girlfriends father that she will never let his daughter date a muslim (which by the way I am not one, but not that it matters).

The GOP is trying to suppress votes, and before it was a law I saw it in action. I only hope that I can record it this time and show people outright the ugly face of their hypocrisy this time around.

Last edited by tysonsengineer; 11-05-2012 at 07:22 PM..

Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM

206 posts, read 432,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
You can camp out but I'm going to be at my polling place around 4 just like four years ago.

I always show my ID with my voter card. They never asked to see it but I give it to them anyway.
Four!? Good lord, you'll be there before most of the poll workers.

(Speaking of which, off to bed with me... I have to be up at 3 a.m. tomorrow. )

Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,719,093 times
I think if we really want to make voting easier for low-income people, we should have elections on weekends. I know that a lot of part-time employees have to work on weekends, but I'd bet a lot more of them would be able to make it to the polls on a weekend than on a weekday.

Alternatively, we could have voting at 7-11s.

Oh, wait--we already do.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
The GOP is trying to suppress votes, and before it was a law I saw it in action. I only hope that I can record it this time and show people outright the ugly face of their hypocrisy this time around.
We'll look forward to a complete and well-documented report from you tomorrow evening. Which polling places will you be at to await and record these anticipated events?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia