Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 04:34 AM

4,902 posts, read 7,482,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Big difference in the types of lies being told by each. Think national security and deaths of Americans when it comes to Hillary. Trump is just a liar on stupid stuff.

Ding, ding, we have a winner! Sorry I can't rep you again. I have to spread the wealth, oops, rep points around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 06:45 AM

2,262 posts, read 2,416,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Big difference in the types of lies being told by each. Think national security and deaths of Americans when it comes to Hillary. Trump is just a liar on stupid stuff.
I don't really have a dog in this fight so to speak (meaning I'm not some over enthused Hillary fan) but as someone who has followed politics closely for quite sometime, Hillary is no different from the others. They all lie.

What you said about Donald hits the nail on its head, he lies about everything even minimal things that don't require lying which is a trait that scares many especially in regards to him holding the most powerful position in the world. He has an inability to tell the truth, even on trivial things that go beyond typical politics.

Last edited by NOVA_guy; 10-17-2016 at 07:18 AM..

Old 10-17-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
I don't really have a dog in this fight so to speak (meaning I'm not some over enthused Hillary fan) but as someone who has followed politics closely for quite sometime, Hillary is no different from the others. They all lie.

What you said about Donald hits the nail on its head, he lies about everything even minimal things that don't require lying which is a trait that scares many especially in regards to him holding the most powerful position in the world. He has an inability to tell the truth, even on trivial things that go beyond typical politics.

You don't have a dog in this fight? You're not an American? You don't care about the Supreme Court and the entire future of the United States?

Yes, they all lie. Remember Clinton has a public stance and a private stance. But Bigfoot is exactly right. Trumps' lies may have hurt himself but Americans have not died because of them.

And, truthfully, Trump was not my first, second, third, even thirteenth choice but the more the media piles on the more I'm becoming determined to vote against Clinton.

Did you hear Gloria Allred has been contacted for years and years about Trump. Really? Allred has been chasing ambulances re "women's causes" for decades. She wouldn't have missed a chance to be on tv suing a Billionaire for a nano-second.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:00 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,248,062 times
This should be a clue as to why Trump pulled out of campaigning in Virginia:

Hillary Clinton holds 15-point lead over Trump in Virginia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...0a3_story.html

Old 10-17-2016, 07:03 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,248,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Trumps' lies may have hurt himself but Americans have not died because of them.
The direction of the discussion here really should go to Politics forum, as it's veering from a Northern Virginia aspect - but I had to point out that regardless of what you think of Hillary's remarks about a video and Benghazi, they were not the cause of the four deaths there.

It seems Hillary-haters have a problem understanding causality.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:07 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,510,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
I don't think Trump ever had the slightest desire to become President. It's just another in a long line of ego trips. I don't think he is even a Republican. And wasn't he a buddy of the Clintons for years? Could be a little deal they made...

Of course, it got real when he amazingly got the nomination. Somebody that actually wanted to win the Presidency would tone down the crazy rhetoric....he stepped it up. He wants to lose, IMO.
I pretty much agree with this. It was a form a self promotion but he got the nomination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
I believe the Donald will be a frequent visitor at the Clinton White House. She's going to owe him...big time!
I do not see it.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:14 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,142,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The direction of the discussion here really should go to Politics forum, as it's veering from a Northern Virginia aspect - but I had to point out that regardless of what you think of Hillary's remarks about a video and Benghazi, they were not the cause of the four deaths there.

It seems Hillary-haters have a problem understanding causality.
Do you understand that ambassadors, United States ambassadors work directly for the secretary of state? This isn't just an issue that the boss is ultimately responsible but an example of how Hillary's staff decided to ignore Beghanzi and she willingly ignored the security requests and the deteriorating situation without doing anything.

The fact that Sidney Blumenthal was denied from being hired by the Whitehouse, yet was allowed to personally advise Hillary is an unfortunate demonstration of her ethics and leadership style.

Sidney was the primary advisor to Hillary on Beghanzi, not the ambassador who was there. Hillary even deleted Sidney's name from emails that she forwarded to her staff to hide the fact that Hillary was being advised on national security decisions by a friend who the Whitehouse disapproved.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:21 AM

2,262 posts, read 2,416,266 times
Quote:
You don't have a dog in this fight? You're not an American? You don't care about the Supreme Court and the entire future of the United States?

Yes, they all lie. Remember Clinton has a public stance and a private stance. But Bigfoot is exactly right. Trumps' lies may have hurt himself but Americans have not died because of them.

And, truthfully, Trump was not my first, second, third, even thirteenth choice but the more the media piles on the more I'm becoming determined to vote against Clinton.

Did you hear Gloria Allred has been contacted for years and years about Trump. Really? Allred has been chasing ambulances re "women's causes" for decades. She wouldn't have missed a chance to be on tv suing a Billionaire for a nano-second.
I think you miss understood? I meant I don't have a dog in this fight in the sense of I'm not someone thats a huge Hillary fan wanting to constantly defend her.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
I think you miss understood? I meant I don't have a dog in this fight in the sense of I'm not someone thats a huge Hillary fan wanting to constantly defend her.

Ok. But when I think of that phrase, I assume you have no stance. For example Alabama v. A&M this week. My sad team is not there so no dog.

But everyone has a dog in this fight.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:49 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,326,117 times
Quote:
We can survive a Trump but not a corrupt liar like Hillary.
Please check back with us after 4 years of Hilary. I guarantee you'll survive. She is maybe the least appealing Dem candidate I can remember in awhile but we will survive. We would ever survive a Trump term(the founding fathers did a pretty good job of designing our gov't) although the embarrassment he'd routinely cause would be difficult to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia