Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2016, 12:10 PM

706 posts, read 1,310,424 times

Advertisements

The right not to vote huh? LOL

Food for thought-I am strong believer in compulsory voting like Australia. If that were ever implemented, the modern day Republican party would be eliminated except in very rural areas. Only so many angry, ignorant, god-fearing, gun-toting heterosexual white men out there....

Demographics favor the Dems, as they should, they are the party of equality and hope not fear mongering and white privilege.

But on a computer message board, you right wing white guys rule the day, have at it.

Last edited by BMWZ4RUlz; 10-24-2016 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 12:22 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,377,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
I don't usually talk politics, but I've about decided what I'm going to do. Hold my nose and pull HRC's lever.

Thanks to dear old Dad, I'm heavily invested in equities...very heavily. My brokers tell me that the Street is scared ****less of Trump. I've thought of liquidating the whole thing, but the cap gains taxes due would be considerable. Plus where would I put the proceeds?

So, I'm hoping for HRC in the White House and the Republicans holding the House and Senate.

At this point, I think continued gridlock is the best we can hope for.

Yep, gridlock isn't always a bad thing. I guess I'm a little scared that Trump will fill up the Fed with people intent on raising interest rates which would soften the housing market.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
The right not to vote huh? LOL

Food for thought-I am strong believer in compulsory voting like Australia. If that were every implemented, the modern day Republican party would be eliminated. Only so many angry, ignorant and racist white man out there....

Demographics favor the Dems, as they should, they are the party of equality and hope not fear mongering and white privilege.

But on a computer message board, you right wing white guys rule the day, have at it.

So that's a "right wing white male" thing, and I'm part of it? You don't know me. I'm not "white". You've already called me a liar. Now you want to force people with violence to go vote for someone they don't like? That's Putin/KGB talk.

Republican much?

Old 10-24-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
So that's a "right wing white male" thing, and I'm part of it? You don't know me. I'm not "white". You've already called me a liar. Now you want to force people with violence to go vote for someone they don't like? That's Putin/KGB talk.

Republican much?

When did I say I wanted to force people with violence to vote? I said I favored compulsory voting, that's all I said to that point.

If you don't want to vote, don't. I don't care. Hilary will carry MD, VA and DC without you. I am just pointing out your refusal to vote is a silly one.

Listen-I will break this election down so people with low intelligence like Trump supporters can understand:

Regardless if you like Hillary or not, she will be appointing very important supreme court justices that will impact the court for a generation or more. If you care about any of the following issues (and you 'claim" to be a lifelong liberal-which I say is BS), you would come out to vote for her. It is that simple.

Decisions that will be impacted by the court from Hillary's appointee's:

1. The right for gay people to have the same rights as straight people (personally, none of my business, should be legal in my eyes).
2. Gun control (do you think the NRA owns congress? Well, they do. If you care about getting even the most basic measures passed, you will vote Hillary).
3. Citizen United Overturned-should have never passed. You can thank the right on this one. Campaign Finance Reform is the center of the "Trump REvolution" but his stupid followers are too dumb to realize that. Just like they were too dumb to support Mondale when Ronald Reagan was crushing unions in the 80's. I wonder what happened to the blue-collar middle class...hmmm..morons. Reagan and Bush started the free-trade revolution that these rural blue-color idiots voted for. Ignorant people consistently vote against their self-interest...proven over and over again.
4. A woman's right to choose. I think it is a woman's body and her decision. Do you? Pretty simple.

So I know you say you are a democrat, but I call BS. If you were these issues would take importance over Hillary's emails because she potentially could change the Supreme Court and social issues for generations.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:17 PM

4,902 posts, read 7,463,329 times
Strike two -- I'm not a right-wing, white male either. Also, not rich, rural or blue collar either.
I am, however, extremely concerned about National Security, the debt and the type of country we're leaving our grandchildren. And, we're leaving them a big mess.

Libs are always so intent on pigeon-holing every one.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
When did I say I wanted to force people with violence to vote? I said I favored compulsory voting, that's all I said to that point.

You said we should adopt compulsory voting as Australia has. Australia fines citizens who do not vote. Fines are backed by violence, or they wouldn't get paid. I hope we can agree on this simple truth. Have you ever gotten a parking or speeding ticket? Did you pay it? Why did you pay it? Let me answer that: to avoid having people with guns come and get you.

Here's a compulsory voting flow chart:

1.Did you vote?

A. Yes - go no further
B. No - go to questions 2.

2.You are fined X amount. (at best, some places haul you off to jail immediately) Are you going to pay it?

A. Yes, the check is in the mail.
B. No, this is supposed to be a free country, none of the candidates met my moral test, and I'm not paying a fine for having a conscience.

3. If you answered B above, you will be arrested and jailed pending trial. Will you come quietly?

A. Yes
B. No, that is a violation of my constitutional rights. When did this become a police state?

4. If you answered B above, you will be, at best, wrestled to the ground, beaten, tazed, pepper sprayed, cuffed and hauled off. At worst, you'll be shot and killed.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Strike two -- I'm not a right-wing, white male either. Also, not rich, rural or blue collar either.
I am, however, extremely concerned about National Security, the debt and the type of country we're leaving our grandchildren. And, we're leaving them a big mess.

Libs are always so intent on pigeon-holing every one.

Anyone with a brain understands that benefits for social security need to be cut and the age increased. Even your boy Trump is against that.

SS and Medicare/etc. make up the bulk of the issues "for our grandchildren".

Both parties aren't willing to do a darn thing on that so stop throwing stones.

If you really cared, you will vote Hillary because she is a centrist and might actually get things done.

As for defense....I love when people say this...

We spend $600 BILLION a year. More than the next 8 countries combined...yep, we are totally weak on national defense, that's the problem..rolls eyes...

http://www.pgpf.org/chart-archive/00...nse-comparison

Old 10-24-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Listen-I will break this election down so people with low intelligence like Trump supporters can understand:

Regardless if you like Hillary or not, she will be appointing very important supreme court justices that will impact the court for a generation or more. If you care about any of the following issues (and you 'claim" to be a lifelong liberal-which I say is BS), you would come out to vote for her. It is that simple.

Decisions that will be impacted by the court from Hillary's appointee's:

1. The right for gay people to have the same rights as straight people (personally, none of my business, should be legal in my eyes).
2. Gun control (do you think the NRA owns congress? Well, they do. If you care about getting even the most basic measures passed, you will vote Hillary).
3. Citizen United Overturned-should have never passed. You can thank the right on this one. Campaign Finance Reform is the center of the "Trump REvolution" but his stupid followers are too dumb to realize that. Just like they were too dumb to support Mondale when Ronald Reagan was crushing unions in the 80's. I wonder what happened to the blue-collar middle class...hmmm..morons. Reagan and Bush started the free-trade revolution that these rural blue-color idiots voted for. Ignorant people consistently vote against their self-interest...proven over and over again.
4. A woman's right to choose. I think it is a woman's body and her decision. Do you? Pretty simple.

So I know you say you are a democrat, but I call BS. If you were these issues would take importance over Hillary's emails because she potentially could change the Supreme Court and social issues for generations.
It seems as though you're viewing anyone who doesn't support Hillary as a Trump supporter. That's very simplistic, black and white thinking. We agree on a lot of issues, as you have listed. I just refuse to sell my soul to support a war mongering corporatist neo-con.

You mentioned Hillary wasn't as bad a person as she's made out to be. She is. She voted to send our kids to war for profit, she rigged the primary to beat Sanders, and let's not forget her Hillarycare plan in the 90's was basically a plan to militarize the healthcare system. I was working in the healthcare sector during the Clinton years, and I had left the military because it wasn't for me. I didn't need to go back, it was a bad idea but since she had never spent a day in a normal hospital she knew better than we peasants.

Again, you're calling me a liar because you're assuming I'm mad about her emails. She's pretty much been exonerated on that point, the FBI didn't think she should be charged. That's good enough for me, she was careless but didn't willingly break the law, no matter what Faux News says. Time to move on...

But let me ask you this, is it because of Faux News that Hillary sent our kids, and not hers, to get mutilated in Iraq? I don't need to watch TV, the vote happened and it's a matter of public record. I think she should be held accountable like anyone else. The only way I have to do that is with my vote.

I have a lot of friends who agree with me, lifelong democrats who will not be holding our nose. We have standards, you obviously do not.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:02 PM

This is the most telling thing you need to know about the election process. White male men are morons (and yes, I am a white male):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvMZKsMWIAAVd8M.jpg:large

Old 10-24-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
It seems as though you're viewing anyone who doesn't support Hillary as a Trump supporter. That's very simplistic, black and white thinking. We agree on a lot of issues, as you have listed. I just refuse to sell my soul to support a war mongering corporatist neo-con.

You mentioned Hillary wasn't as bad a person as she's made out to be. She is. She voted to send our kids to war for profit, she rigged the primary to beat Sanders, and let's not forget her Hillarycare plan in the 90's was basically a plan to militarize the healthcare system. I was working in the healthcare sector during the Clinton years, and I had left the military because it wasn't for me. I didn't need to go back, it was a bad idea but since she had never spent a day in a normal hospital she knew better than we peasants.

Again, you're calling me a liar because you're assuming I'm mad about her emails. She's pretty much been exonerated on that point, the FBI didn't think she should be charged. That's good enough for me, she was careless but didn't willingly break the law, no matter what Faux News says. Time to move on...

But let me ask you this, is it because of Faux News that Hillary sent our kids, and not hers, to get mutilated in Iraq? I don't need to watch TV, the vote happened and it's a matter of public record. I think she should be held accountable like anyone else. The only way I have to do that is with my vote.

I have a lot of friends who agree with me, lifelong democrats who will not be holding our nose. We have standards, you obviously do not.

Good post sir and we agree with a lot it seems...I appreciate the dialogue.

Clinton did vote for the Iraq war, agreed. I am not a big Bernie fan (he is too far left for me), but understand why people voted for him-he is authentic (people say like Trump-but we both no that is a joke because Trump was a fraud way before he ran for president).

Let's think back to that Iraq war vote. The one they forced Mr. Powell to do a dog and pony show in front of the U.N. I think we both could agree that Colin Powell has more integrity in his pinkie than Hillary has...and he was the main guy to sell the war. So those were different times and Dubwa, in my opinion, is the 3rd worst president we ever had. Everyone was pressured into that war. I agree with your point, but it was a different time.

Heck, if John McCain had accepted John Kerry's proposal as VP, politics as we know, may be transformed at this point. The GOP is a dying party (see my link below). We can do better than Clinton but I am fine with her because she is a centrist (the Tea Party destroyed compromise in this country) and she will appoint liberal judges.

The supreme court justices issue alone gets me energized to vote for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia