Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 01:20 PM

4,906 posts, read 7,493,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
Do you understand that many black families live in the suburbs and live middle to middle-upper class lives?

Probably not. You just see them on tv.
Don't be ridiculous. Now I am being snarky, how old are you?

But middle class minorities are not the problem; they're doing just fine. Our inner city communities, however, are in dire need of help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchmen View Post
Ugh! Because people's neighborhoods are more than “failing schools” and anyone who uses the words “inner city” as a part of their regular vocabulary anymore is severely out of touch. Poverty is not relegated to city centers anymore. A lot of so-called “failing schools” are located in suburbs, as demonstrated by Fairfax County’s stratified and segregated school system.
Fine, I'm not up on what is politically correct terminology. Go to downtown Baltimore, SE Washington, parts of Alexandria and tell me there isn't a problem. Look around, there are failing schools all over the place, so why not allow school choice? Because Democrats want to keep them down and dependent.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:28 PM

But y'all keep defending her. This latest came from Anthony Weiner's and Huma Abedin's devices.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:30 PM

601 posts, read 595,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Fine, I'm not up on what is politically correct terminology. Go to downtown Baltimore, SE Washington, parts of Alexandria and tell me there isn't a problem. Look around, there are failing schools all over the place, so why not allow school choice? Because Democrats want to keep them down and dependent.
No, because people want accountability and transparency and don’t want to turn neighborhood schools over to for-profit charter operators to put money in the pockets of people like Donald Trump.

Never mind. I’m not going to argue with a Trumpist who doesn’t even appear to live in Northern Virginia (Lynchburg? Seriously? Why are you all over this board?) Thanks for the motivation to give more $$$ to the politicians who are (for the most part) attempting to live on the right side of history.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:10 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,157,380 times
Arrow Charter schools are accountable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchmen View Post
No, because people want accountability and transparency and don’t want to turn neighborhood schools over to for-profit charter operators to put money in the pockets of people like Donald Trump.

Never mind. I’m not going to argue with a Trumpist who doesn’t even appear to live in Northern Virginia (Lynchburg? Seriously? Why are you all over this board?) Thanks for the motivation to give more $$$ to the politicians who are (for the most part) attempting to live on the right side of history.
With charter schools you DO HAVE accountability. If the parents aren't pleased, they leave, schools close, and there is your accountability.

Any guesses how much more difficult it is to get accountability into a school or a whole school district? When a school or schools are under performing, the only viable option that takes less than5 years is to move.

Which is the better option again for students and this that want quality education?

Old 10-28-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
With charter schools you DO HAVE accountability. If the parents aren't pleased, they leave, schools close, and there is your accountability.

Any guesses how much more difficult it is to get accountability into a school or a whole school district? When a school or schools are under performing, the only viable option that takes less than5 years is to move.

Which is the better option again for students and this that want quality education?
Picked the user name a few years ago. Live in Western Loudoun, but really, what's it to you where I live. It concerns the whole state/country.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:37 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,386,067 times
Well DSHAWG, I've found a new respect for Hillary. Turns out one of the emails released from WikiLeaks has her staff mad at her for being constantly drunk at 2pm. I kinda like that, I hope one day I can be hammered at that time of day on a Tuesday

All kidding aside, the next week events will determine if I do go vote for her, I like Tim Kaine enough to vote him into the white house if she were to win then be removed

Old 10-29-2016, 09:21 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,386,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Don't be ridiculous. Now I am being snarky, how old are you?

But middle class minorities are not the problem; they're doing just fine. Our inner city communities, however, are in dire need of help.
Considering how many times she's called me names and accused me of lying, I'm guessing she's about 19 and believes she has all the answers after her first year of community college.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:52 AM

8,679 posts, read 23,005,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post

All kidding aside, the next week events will determine if I do go vote for her, I like Tim Kaine enough to vote him into the white house if she were to win then be removed
I live in VA. Tim Kaine is a reason not to vote for Hillary. If Hillary wins, Virginians will be cheering because Kaine is out of here.

Old 10-29-2016, 11:04 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,123,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
I live in VA. Tim Kaine is a reason not to vote for Hillary. If Hillary wins, Virginians will be cheering because Kaine is out of here.
Tim Kaine has won every election he's run in Virginia. Perhaps you only have George Allen's "real Virginia" - which has no electoral votes - in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia