Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2016, 07:10 PM

232 posts, read 361,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Really? You can't be serious. " finally been at peace with Russia..."?

Russia invaded the sovereignty of another country that has recognized borders in only the second time since the end of world war 2 with their invasion of Crimea from the Ukraine and the world blinked.

The only other time a country has invaded and overthrown an existing border was in 1991 when Iraq invaded Kuwait.

Russia was the provider of the system that brought down Dutch airline MH17. Pretending that Russian is helping in Syria, not selling nuclear technology to Iran, and somehow really is a trusted friend of the U.S. is simply untrue.
I don't believe you saw me say that Russia is a "trusted friend". But yes, in my opinion, we were relatively at peace with Russia. The fact that Russia invaded another country....Again, no where in my post did I saw that Russia was at peace with everyone. And for the record "peace" meaning not about to launch an attack on each other. But the path the current leadership of our country is on (Obama and if Clinton wins) is taking us down that path needlessly antagonizing into a war.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 04:55 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,723,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingwash View Post
I don't believe you saw me say that Russia is a "trusted friend". But yes, in my opinion, we were relatively at peace with Russia.
It's not like they're hacking our computers or anything. Yes, 17 intelligence agencies really did say Russia was behind hacking

Or having their fighters buzz our warships. See Russian jets buzz U.S. Navy ship - CNN Video

Oh, and didn't Russia invade a sovereign country that was about to strengthen its ties to the West?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexa...ian_Federation

Wait. Who's that wantonly bombing civilians in a major Syrian city, to prop up that country's war-criminal dictator? Why, why--say it ain't so!

Aleppo horror: dozens of civilians killed in Russian and Syrian strikes

Old 11-03-2016, 04:57 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
It's not like they're hacking our computers or anything. Yes, 17 intelligence agencies really did say Russia was behind hacking

Or having their fighters buzz our warships. See Russian jets buzz U.S. Navy ship - CNN Video

Oh, and didn't Russia invade a sovereign country that was about to strengthen its ties to the West?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexa...ian_Federation

Wait. Who's that wantonly bombing civilians in a major Syrian city, to prop up that country's war-criminal dictator? Why, why--say it ain't so!

Russia = model for the US (for some folks)

Old 11-03-2016, 08:22 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,372,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Hmm

Poll: Trump Leads Clinton in Virginia, 44-41 | NBC4 Washington

Way back on about page 3, I mentioned Virginia had lots of ticked off FBI agents, people with security clearances etc.

Not enough to make a difference. Only about 100 FBI agents threatened to leave if Hillary walked.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:28 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,317,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingwash View Post
I don't believe you saw me say that Russia is a "trusted friend". But yes, in my opinion, we were relatively at peace with Russia. The fact that Russia invaded another country....Again, no where in my post did I saw that Russia was at peace with everyone. And for the record "peace" meaning not about to launch an attack on each other. But the path the current leadership of our country is on (Obama and if Clinton wins) is taking us down that path needlessly antagonizing into a war.)
Lol, Obama the warhawk. Jesus, this world has gone insane with made up talking points.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:30 AM

I'll have to go find the story, but I saw a blurb on FB that at least five foreign intelligence agencies were able to hack into Clinton's server. Obviously, the Russians were one of them.

The way that her server was set up pretty much invited any rookie hacker to get into it. Why did she need the server? So she could hide evidence of her dealings and collecting cash from the foreign entities likely hacking her at the same time they were writing checks to her.

Again, I'm a lifelong democrat and will not vote for this lying witch who has no problem cashing in while our kids go get killed for her lies. If she can make $10 million off of it, she doesn't mind sending thousands of our troops to their deaths. They're uneducated plebes after all.

And to think she accused Bernie of lying to college kids. pffft.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Lol, Obama the warhawk. Jesus, this world has gone insane with made up talking points.

Well, not really. Obama is a peacenik and he understands that the poor and minorities shoulder the heavier burden when we go to war. However, you have to admit that threatening Russia with a cyber attack (I don't think he'd actually do it, but who knows...) and arming rebels that are shooting at Russia's ally forces isn't going to make the USA any more popular. Russia needs an economic boost, and wars are good for the economy. Let's not go giving them an excuse as their threshold for what is worth going to war over is way, way lower than ours. Some people understand this better than others. I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt, but not Hillary when she stands to profit from going to war.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post

Unfortunately, that's how wars were won before the advent of high-tech ordnance that reduced the number of civilian casualties, and eliminated the need for the USA to carpet-bomb entire cities and concentrate on pinpoint, valuable targets.

Russia A., doesn't have quite the technology that the US has on their own munitions and B., wouldn't care if they did. Putin is out to prove to the world that nobody messes with Russia, just in case they forgot. Russia has done more to alienate the Muslim world than the US ever has, but you'll notice Osama didn't fly Russian airliners into the Kremlin. Russia would have nuked Riyadh, and any Russian citizens caught protesting after the fact would have been hosed down with lead.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:33 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,317,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Unfortunately, that's how wars were won before the advent of high-tech ordnance that reduced the number of civilian casualties, and eliminated the need for the USA to carpet-bomb entire cities and concentrate on pinpoint, valuable targets.

Russia A., doesn't have quite the technology that the US has on their own munitions and B., wouldn't care if they did. Putin is out to prove to the world that nobody messes with Russia, just in case they forgot. Russia has done more to alienate the Muslim world than the US ever has, but you'll notice Osama didn't fly Russian airliners into the Kremlin. Russia would have nuked Riyadh, and any Russian citizens caught protesting after the fact would have been hosed down with lead.
So lets emulate him with our own Putin aka Trump. Great logic. When do the rounding up of muslims begin and how will the government know who is muslim and who isnt? Should people start bleaching their skin now, asking for a friend.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:07 PM

601 posts, read 592,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
So lets emulate him with our own Putin aka Trump. Great logic. When do the rounding up of muslims begin and how will the government know who is muslim and who isnt? Should people start bleaching their skin now, asking for a friend.
They could probably tell by name, I would think. A name change to Bob Smith should do the trick I have an anglo first name and an ethnic/foreign/brown last name. Wonder where I fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia