Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2020, 03:35 PM

22,547 posts, read 12,117,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Kind of hard to maintain 6' plus distance to cut someone's hair
I wasn't referring to that. Instead, I was referring to a crowded salon with lots of people sitting side-by-side waiting for either their hair to get washed or waiting for their stylist to take them. In fact, many salons that are deciding to open plan to only allow a few people in at a time.

One would assume that the stylist will be wearing gloves and masks, as will their clients.

That said, I still have my doubts as to whether it is a good idea to open salons now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 03:55 PM

989 posts, read 459,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I wasn't referring to that. Instead, I was referring to a crowded salon with lots of people sitting side-by-side waiting for either their hair to get washed or waiting for their stylist to take them. In fact, many salons that are deciding to open plan to only allow a few people in at a time.

One would assume that the stylist will be wearing gloves and masks, as will their clients.

That said, I still have my doubts as to whether it is a good idea to open salons now.
Probably not a good idea. Honestly, I think it's safer to open "anchor" type stores like Nordstrom Rack, Marshall's, etc. or other shopping businesses where you can control crowds very well and still get business going and ease people out. Definitely not the mall, but other types of shopping could be relatively safe.

Old 05-05-2020, 04:19 PM

22,547 posts, read 12,117,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Probably not a good idea. Honestly, I think it's safer to open "anchor" type stores like Nordstrom Rack, Marshall's, etc. or other shopping businesses where you can control crowds very well and still get business going and ease people out. Definitely not the mall, but other types of shopping could be relatively safe.
My gut is telling me it's not a good time to go to a salon. I'm prepared for the fact that in another month or so my hair will go wild I've bought hair pins to pin it back when that happens, so I'm prepared

I'm thinking of calling my health plan to get their thoughts on this issue, especially since my husband and I have some health issues...

I agree about the malls --- once they open, they will be crowded and it would be near impossible to control that.

Old 05-05-2020, 05:38 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,635,652 times
Lot of businesses being reported for violating restrictions for reopening in Texas

450 complaints

Don't see 25% max occupancy as viable. People won't adjust their dining hours to make it possible. See the hair stylist cutting hair by holding clippers in her bare hands and hovering over the customer's head.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:58 AM

41 posts, read 24,364 times
Posted as public information for contemplation...This is gut-wrentching and should anger every American. This woman is a hero.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/mIEwe3JdjJhb/

Old 05-07-2020, 09:22 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,635,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaLover View Post
Posted as public information for contemplation...This is gut-wrentching and should anger every American. This woman is a hero.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/mIEwe3JdjJhb/
It's not the right thread topic. She's another one of those anti-Vaxxers who's gone overboard in pursuing that single agenda.

Judy Mikovits pandemic

fact check

She is alleging the virus was transferred through contaminated vaccines, but It's very likely transmitted through rat infestation and other contamination.

link

Giant had a lot of paper yesterday at 1 pm. Safeway and Target none. I was looking for original Listerine and had to go to the Target after the other stores. I'm surprised that Target was cleaned out of paper and cleaning supplies. Monday seemed to be the worst day to look for things. I think it's due to the lack of a delivery on Sunday, and probably adjust my future schedule accordingly.

Last edited by lchoro; 05-07-2020 at 09:31 AM..

Old 05-07-2020, 09:54 AM

989 posts, read 459,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post

Giant had a lot of paper yesterday at 1 pm. Safeway and Target none. I was looking for original Listerine and had to go to the Target after the other stores. I'm surprised that Target was cleaned out of paper and cleaning supplies. Monday seemed to be the worst day to look for things. I think it's due to the lack of a delivery on Sunday, and probably adjust my future schedule accordingly.
Agree with you on Monday shopping. So far I have found Wednesday to be the best.

I ran out of masks to use (my cloth one broke and my others that I ordered in April are still "shipping.") I read on the Next Door website that J&J International grocery in Dumfries had paper masks. I drove there yesterday. Lots of signs posted out front that you cannot shop without a mask and gloves. I had neither and was there to buy a mask. They are at the customer service desk. You can get 10 for $10 (pricey considering they are normally about 15 cents each). I also bought two KN95 disposable masks that are 5 layer and seem comfy. So I've got something. Couldn't really shop there because I had no gloves so missed my chance to look at produce. They also had 16 oz bottles of hand sanitizer for $8.99.

Went to Safeway at opening this morning. They had hand sanitizer (Germ-X brand, limit 1) for $2.99 and nitrile gloves (BOGO). I don't generally wear gloves when out but my husband wears them for his nightly cleaning of the guinea pig cage. Safeway had a TON of single roll toilet paper. No paper towels. They seemed well stocked for meat.

Old 05-07-2020, 10:12 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,294,714 times
https://www.canopusgroup.us/products...s-odors-2-pack

Old 05-07-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
It's not the right thread topic. She's another one of those anti-Vaxxers who's gone overboard in pursuing that single agenda.
She said in the video (that you obviously did not watch, or if you did, didn't pay attention) that she is NOT against vaccines.

Any more distortions you want to create?

Old 05-07-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
"Launched on May 6th, 2017, Republic World is an Indian News TV channel based in Mumbai, India. It was founded by Arnab Goswami and Rajeev Chandrasekhar who is the vice-chairman of the Bharatiya Janata Party-The BJP, which is a right-wing party."

"Overall, we rate Republic World Right-Center biased based on international reporting that slightly leans left and Right biased for Indian national news reporting. Therefore, on a whole, we place them Right-Center. We also rate this source mixed for factual reporting based on poor sourcing."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/republic-world/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia