Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2020, 11:06 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,632,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaLover View Post
She said in the video (that you obviously did not watch, or if you did, didn't pay attention) that she is NOT against vaccines.

Any more distortions you want to create?
She goes into a long diatribe about vaccines and drug companies profiting from the crisis. You're obviously not watching the whole video. I am skeptical about a coronavirus vaccine but she didn't address any of those technical or scientific issues. I don't think she's really all that well versed in the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 11:15 AM

41 posts, read 24,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
She goes into a long diatribe about vaccines and drug companies profiting from the crisis. You're obviously not watching the whole video. I am skeptical about a coronavirus vaccine but she didn't address any of those technical or scientific issues. I don't think she's really all that well versed in the topic.
Keep drinking that Fauci kool-aid...and I watched it TWICE. The video was about her overall journey and career dealing with infectious diseases, and touched on several topics related to that. I was impressed with her knowledge and bona fides. Obviously you were not. Agree to disagree?

This coronavirus scam is all about MONEY, not medicine or science. (Like so much else in this world...)

Old 05-07-2020, 11:26 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,368,493 times
Quote:
Posted as public information for contemplation...This is gut-wrentching and should anger every American. This woman is a hero.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/mIEwe3JdjJhb/
Thanks for posting this. Very interesting and enlightening.

Old 05-07-2020, 12:00 PM

9,900 posts, read 14,213,577 times
Quote:
The video was about her overall journey and career dealing with infectious diseases, and touched on several topics related to that. I was impressed with her knowledge and bona fides. Obviously you were not. Agree to disagree?
From her point of view and her side of the story. Now I am not going to go into all of the facts, but if you are the type of person to just watch a video and believe everything someone says with zero backup....you be you.

Old 05-07-2020, 04:06 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,632,523 times
Quote:
Keep drinking that Fauci kool-aid...and I watched it TWICE. The video was about her overall journey and career dealing with infectious diseases, and touched on several topics related to that. I was impressed with her knowledge and bona fides. Obviously you were not. Agree to disagree?

This coronavirus scam is all about MONEY, not medicine or science. (Like so much else in this world...)
That's how infomercials are constructed. The first part of the program deals with inflating the credentials and credibility of the individual 'expert'. She is hard and fast on a number of theories. Some call them conspiracy theories. They are 1 of a number of plausible alternative scenarios but lack the weight of evidence or smoking gun. I think there is a lot of cronyism and positioning for government grants behind the scenes once the crisis has begun, but I don't think there's anything that turns that sequence into reverse and makes the crisis a purely manufactured one. Based on past history, it was evident that another coronavirus crisis would occur at some time and there are several more candidate coronaviruses for future pandemics.

Old 05-07-2020, 04:11 PM

22,539 posts, read 12,111,709 times
Back to the topic at hand --- We went to Safeway today and saw something we hadn't seen in weeks in that store --- paper towels! They had some 6 packs of Scott brand (meh. not my favorite but beggars can't be choosers). Also, they had some Lysol disinfecting spray cleaner with bleach, so we bought 2 of them. Still, no Lysol spray or anti-bac cleaning wipes. Recently, I read that Clorox doesn't expect to have wipes fully in stock until summer. If they're talking about the beginning of summer, that's about 6 weeks away. We'll see...

Safeway has only one entrance open and staff stationed by it---not that they were doing anything except watching people go in and out. They also have one way aisles, although some people don't pay attention to that.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:02 PM

4,474 posts, read 8,177,004 times
Gas is starting to creep back up. Filled up at 1.25 for regular last week, today noticed it was 1.49 while doing a mobile pickup

Old 05-08-2020, 11:06 AM

989 posts, read 459,183 times
Quote:

It's very hard to change the mind of someone who has bought into conspiracy, but in order to do a public service to anyone else who might get sucked into this, make sure you read all the below points to balance out what you are seeing here.

For a truly exhaustive claim-by-claim correction, this Google Doc (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Kac8fQ6gQy8JxQ) from fire and emergency management educator Jim Chaffee includes sources to support every correction.

“The anti-vaxx agenda of 'The Plandemic’” at The Big Think describes seven conspiracy theories “baked into” Plandemic.

Politifact has a pretty extensive fact-check on the video’s claims: “Fact-checking ‘Plandemic’: A documentary full of false conspiracy theories about the coronavirus.”

“Why People Cling To Conspiracy Theories Like ‘Plandemic’” from meteorologist Marshall Shepherd at Forbes offers other reasons people are drawn to conspiracy theories.

For the most comprehensive rundown of Mikovits’ history you could ever ask for, see “Judy Mikovits in Plandemic: An antivax conspiracy theorist becomes a COVID-19 grifter” at the Respectful Insolence blog.
Snopes always does a thorough job: “Was a Scientist Jailed After Discovering a Deadly Virus Delivered Through Vaccines?”

Want to know the real story on what happened to Mikovits? Read this Nature piece and this Science piece.

All the links can be found here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-to-do-it/amp/

Old 05-08-2020, 11:21 AM

41 posts, read 24,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
It's very hard to change the mind of someone who has bought into conspiracy, but in order to do a public service to anyone else who might get sucked into this, make sure you read all the below points to balance out what you are seeing here.

For a truly exhaustive claim-by-claim correction, this Google Doc (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Kac8fQ6gQy8JxQ) from fire and emergency management educator Jim Chaffee includes sources to support every correction.

“The anti-vaxx agenda of 'The Plandemic’” at The Big Think describes seven conspiracy theories “baked into” Plandemic.

Politifact has a pretty extensive fact-check on the video’s claims: “Fact-checking ‘Plandemic’: A documentary full of false conspiracy theories about the coronavirus.”

“Why People Cling To Conspiracy Theories Like ‘Plandemic’” from meteorologist Marshall Shepherd at Forbes offers other reasons people are drawn to conspiracy theories.

For the most comprehensive rundown of Mikovits’ history you could ever ask for, see “Judy Mikovits in Plandemic: An antivax conspiracy theorist becomes a COVID-19 grifter” at the Respectful Insolence blog.
Snopes always does a thorough job: “Was a Scientist Jailed After Discovering a Deadly Virus Delivered Through Vaccines?”

Want to know the real story on what happened to Mikovits? Read this Nature piece and this Science piece.

All the links can be found here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-to-do-it/amp/
Googledocs? Politifact? Those are your debunking sources? Google owns YouTube, which is now censoring any reasonable videos exposing the plandemic. Are you not aware of the bias/censorship of those organizations (Politifact & Google)? I purused that link to the google docs. It attributes/claims/inflates much of the video. For example: #18 - point me to where in the video Mikovits says seawater and sand cures coronavirus? SHE NEVER SAID THAT, yet your linked document says she claims so.

You've been snowed and eat up mainstream biased media like candy. Enjoy your servitude.

Old 05-08-2020, 11:57 AM

989 posts, read 459,183 times
Quote:
Googledocs? Politifact? Those are your debunking sources? Google owns YouTube, which is now censoring any reasonable videos exposing the plandemic. Are you not aware of the bias/censorship of those organizations (Politifact & Google)? I purused that link to the google docs. It attributes/claims/inflates much of the video. For example: #18 - point me to where in the video Mikovits says seawater and sand cures coronavirus? SHE NEVER SAID THAT, yet your linked document says she claims so.

You've been snowed and eat up mainstream biased media like candy. Enjoy your servitude.
As I said above, it's nearly impossible to change a conspiracy theorist's mind. For your info though: Google Docs is a document hosting site. Anyone can store documents in Google Docs. It is not a source. It is a place where documents are stored. The document held there was written by a person. You can like or dislike Jim Chafee who wrote the document.

I didn't post this information to change your mind. I know it cannot be changed. But I wanted to make it easier for others who might fall into these traps to look on their own. They also can choose to believe or not believe. I think the whole thing is BUNK and it's rightly being pulled off sites for misinformation. But I posted these links here (as well as the link to the entire article which explains the psychology of how this video was put together to fool the gullible). I don't care what you believe or not. Doesn't matter to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia