Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,074,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
What an immature response ''so don't walk by'' as if anyone is supposed to change their routine to avoid reality. Don't deal with anything just pretend it's not happening. The PP is in my walk area and I have to pass by it all the time; it's at the corner of my street and I never think about PP other than on garbage days I guess. Never said PP was an abortion factory so don't know why you have to go there other than getting defensive when the abortion term comes up and a comment such as I made is stated. Wasn't looking for a consensus. The fact is, whether you are pro-choice or pro-life, fetuses are disposed of in a hazardous material truck right out of the back door of PP. Perhaps you have a denial issue; just can't handle the reality of what is taking place. I mean the dead fetuses have to be disposed of and in a large congested city some passers-by will have to see the garbage truck on occasion. You sound like a perfect candidate as someone who needs to walk by.
It's not an immature response. You don't like it, so you have some choices. Either accept that there is not going to be a consensus opinion on the abortion issue, ignore it or continue to do the same thing and have nothing change anyway. Your implication was that your local PP's trash was full of dead fetuses. Why else would you be so uncomfortable walking by on that day? Even if it was just one, a hazardous material truck would be needed. Even if it was just blood samples or anything else biological, you would need one. It might not be aborted fetuses at all. That's the assumption you're making.

I would not be uncomfortable walking by. I accept the reality that abortion takes place. I have my own views on abortion and they don't agree with yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM

GOP leaders and pundits are already calling for immigration reform, something they've been soundly rejecting for years and all the way up to election day. What a difference a few days and an election blowout make. Maybe they're getting the message that the people they've rejected aren't going away.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:34 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,947,993 times
[quote=pontiac51;26877351]The GOP is the party of birtherism, voter suppression and legitimate rape, among many many other things. There is a very good reason that the GOP only got 25% of the Latino vote, 7% of the Black vote and 44% of the female vote: the GOP is perceived to be racist and sexist!!! And in politics, PERCEPTION IS REALITY!! The bottom line is that the GOP is a becoming a extreme intolerant fringe party who will never see the White House again!![/QU
OK!! But why haven't you mentioned Asians?

Old 11-09-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
GOP leaders and pundits are already calling for immigration reform, something they've been soundly rejecting for years and all the way up to election day. What a difference a few days and an election blowout make. Maybe they're getting the message that the people they've rejected aren't going away.
What is the point of having immigration laws at all if there is no intent to enforce them? Why do legal immigrants have to go through the procedure to full citizenship, including the oath of allegiance, while illegal immigrants don't? Why does no one have a problem with using the term ''illegal''?

Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Hmmm...let's see...1980-1992 Republicans; 1992-2000 Democrats; 2000-2008 Republicans; 2008-2016 Democrats. Each party out of the White House during these ''eras'' has had the same thing said it after each election.
The nation 2012 is drastically different than it was in the 1980s, 1990s or even 2000s. I've been looking at the numbers just for Ohio, and demographically it's becoming signficantly more diverse, and Ohio is still behind many other states in the growth of its Hispanic populations. Also, most counties are becoming more Democratic over time. You can only ignore these changes so long before they become a problem for those ignoring them. Bush's win was extremely close in 2000, and he won in 2004 largely because of gay marriage amendments that brought out large numbers of evangelicals... not to mention the terror fear-mongering.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
It's not an immature response. You don't like it, so you have some choices. Either accept that there is not going to be a consensus opinion on the abortion issue, ignore it or continue to do the same thing and have nothing change anyway. Your implication was that your local PP's trash was full of dead fetuses. Why else would you be so uncomfortable walking by on that day? Even if it was just one, a hazardous material truck would be needed. Even if it was just blood samples or anything else biological, you would need one. It might not be aborted fetuses at all. That's the assumption you're making.

I would not be uncomfortable walking by. I accept the reality that abortion takes place. I have my own views on abortion and they don't agree with yours.
Gee, I hope you're not around if death camps make a comeback. "I just walk by and accept the reality that people are being exterminated." That odor? Why that could be the smoke from those trains bringing those people here everyday.

Last edited by Kamms; 11-09-2012 at 08:54 AM..

Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
The nation 2012 is drastically different than it was in the 1980s, 1990s or even 2000s. I've been looking at the numbers just for Ohio, and demographically it's becoming signficantly more diverse, and Ohio is still behind many other states in the growth of its Hispanic populations. Also, most counties are becoming more Democratic over time. You can only ignore these changes so long before they become a problem for those ignoring them. Bush's win was extremely close in 2000, and he won in 2004 largely because of gay marriage amendments that brought out large numbers of evangelicals... not to mention the terror fear-mongering.
Interesting that you pass over the defeat of California's gay marriage act in 2008 due mostly to the large African-American voter turnout for Obama. Evangelicals should also include the African-American community (see the North Carolina gay marriage rejection this year). NC also went to Romney this year having flipped from Obama in 2008 - please explain why this state and its growing ''diversity'' did this. So much for ''diversity'' changing the liberal social agenda. North/Northeast Ohio went for Obama due to the large African-American population and the auto bail-out. Hamilton County went Democrat for the same reason and is in population decline. I would never want to insinuate that you lump all African-Americans as thinking and acting the same because the African-American and Gay communities are so down with each other. The reality is that the Gay Community thinks it is in league with African-American community as being ''repressed minorities" (cue sound of screeching brakes now). It would be interesting to have a Gay Equal Rights march in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood.

Last edited by Kamms; 11-09-2012 at 09:02 AM..

Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
What is the point of having immigration laws at all if there is no intent to enforce them? Why do legal immigrants have to go through the procedure to full citizenship, including the oath of allegiance, while illegal immigrants don't? Why does no one have a problem with using the term ''illegal''?
The immigration system to the US is ridiculous. Most of the illegals very likely had no real way to ever immigrate legally, which I think makes that complaint somewhat dishonest. I highly doubt these people want to live illegally in another nation. There should be a streamlined process open for anyone who does not have a criminal record, maintains employment, etc. If they are here illegally already, perhaps charge them a fine as well.

Illegal immigration has actually dropped to very low levels. Mexico's economy, for one, has been improving and did not get hit nearly as hard by the recession because there was no housing boom.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
"Terror fear-mongering?" Please stay in tranquil Mexico.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
The immigration system to the US is ridiculous. Most of the illegals very likely had no real way to ever immigrate legally, which I think makes that complaint somewhat dishonest. I highly doubt these people want to live illegally in another nation. There should be a streamlined process open for anyone who does not have a criminal record, maintains employment, etc. If they are here illegally already, perhaps charge them a fine as well.

Illegal immigration has actually dropped to very low levels. Mexico's economy, for one, has been improving and did not get hit nearly as hard by the recession because there was no housing boom.
Mexico's economy has been improving because when you have no real economy to start with, anything is an improvement. Illegal immigration has dropped because the U.S. economy sucks; I like how you referenced Mexico after mentioning illegal immigration. So it's OK to violate a law because someone has or believes he or she has no way to immigrate legally? So someone having a hard time making a living these days can engage in drug dealing, bank robbery, fraud because they have no real way to legally make money. Why have any laws? I have no real way of complying with a law so I'll violate it even though I really don't want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio