Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,959,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Well, I work at a hospital and feel everyone should have to wrap a dead body at least once to put their own sense of death in perspective, so in a way I understand what you are saying. Sometimes we have to deal with things in life which remind us all isn't sunshine and roses.
Thank you, great analogy. This is exactly what I was stating; just using a controversial topic in doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Not entirely sure about the accuracy of this. Garbage trucks go everywhere to pick up garbage. I can't say I know for entirely sure what happens to fetuses, but there are regulations on how you dispose of them and I am fairly certain they are supposed to be incinerated.
Don't take the ''garbage truck'' as meaning a typical city garbage truck. Even the term ''garbage'' is outdated. I do reference a hazardous material truck in my post but the bottom line is you can call your home refuse waste disposal, sanitation whatever...both it and the PP issue have one thing in common: waste disposal.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:56 PM

10 posts, read 17,665 times
Bjimmy24, the liberal media is right to a certain extent in that there are extremists in the GOP, but my point is they try to paint the whole party that way, which is just not true. There are plenty of moderately social republicans. Just look at the guys from Missouri and Indiana running for Senate who made those stupid comments about rape. They got their butts handed to them in two states that voted for Romney. It actually gives me hope that even Republicans will not put up with that extreme ideology anymore.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,088,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich10014 View Post
Bjimmy24, the liberal media is right to a certain extent in that there are extremists in the GOP, but my point is they try to paint the whole party that way, which is just not true. There are plenty of moderately social republicans. Just look at the guys from Missouri and Indiana running for Senate who made those stupid comments about rape. They got their butts handed to them in two states that voted for Romney. It actually gives me hope that even Republicans will not put up with that extreme ideology anymore.
Not so fast. That extreme ideology is sanctioned by the Republican Party's official platform.

GOP policy is the scandal, not just Akin's comments - CNN.com
Quote:
But even as the Akin controversy was escalating -- with a Tuesday 5 p.m. deadline for him to withdraw from the race -- CNN's Peter Hamby reported that the Republican Platform Committee again included in its platform draft support for a "human life amendment" to the Constitution, which would not make exceptions for victims of rape or incest or even provisions for the life of the mother.
The fact that Republicans have introduced numerous personhood bills and that many Republican members of congress supported the Sanctity of Life Act proves that Republicans do, indeed, support this extreme ideology. It's their official platform, they take it seriously and they will implement it given the chance.

These views are not just held by a few Republican rogues......not even close. Nice try, but no one's buying it.

Republican's trying to downplay and deny their true agenda is an insult to our intelligence.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 PM

324 posts, read 403,872 times
The Republican chickens have finally come home to roost!!! And if they don't get their $h*t together very quickly, they won't win the White House for a long long time, if ever. During the last few years, the GOP has gone out its way turn off every demographic group in this country other than white males. And because of this, the GOP can't win national elections.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac51 View Post
The Republican chickens have finally come home to roost!!! And if they don't get their $h*t together very quickly, they won't win the White House for a long long time, if ever. During the last few years, the GOP has gone out its way turn off every demographic group in this country other than white males. And because of this, the GOP can't win national elections.
Hmmm...let's see...1980-1992 Republicans; 1992-2000 Democrats; 2000-2008 Republicans; 2008-2016 Democrats. Each party out of the White House during these ''eras'' has had the same thing said it after each election.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Hmmm...let's see...1980-1992 Republicans; 1992-2000 Democrats; 2000-2008 Republicans; 2008-2016 Democrats. Each party out of the White House during these ''eras'' has had the same thing said it after each election.
First of all, Reagan couldn't win today because of this country's present demographics. And while the electorate is almost 30% minority today, it was only around 12% in 1980. Second of all, the GOP has the well-deserved reputation of being sexist and racist. Because of this, it will be a generation before the GOP wins the White House. This isn't Ronald Reagan's America in 2012!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 01:15 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,419,723 times
Quote:
I consider myself...conservative on fiscal issues and moderate on social issues.
There's a word for that: libertarian.

Quote:
The party needs to rebrand itself and reach out to more minorities (particularly Latinos) and younger people. Tea party will not cut it in today's world. I think Marco Rubio would be a good choice for 2016 for the GOP. He's young and would help make a lot of in-ground in appealing to Latinos, who often times are traditionally conservative both fiscally and socially but vote Democrat based on immigration policies.
The Republican party's treatment of Ron Paul during the primaries was proof that they have no interest in "growing the party" if it means decreasing DHS spending. The Republican party is currently the home of the neoconservatives(a bunch of ex-Trotskyites), the Israel Lobby, and their Christian "useful idiots". Marco Rubio fits into their agenda perfectly.

Trust me, the Republican party does not and will not care about "fiscal conservatism". They will preach it, but it's not happening. Despite the hysterics from the left the Republicans(for the most part) aren't looking to make any real cuts in government spending.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac51 View Post
First of all, Reagan couldn't win today because of this country's present demographics. And while the electorate is almost 30% minority today, it was only around 12% in 1980. Second of all, the GOP has the well-deserved reputation of being sexist and racist. Because of this, it will be a generation before the GOP wins the White House. This isn't Ronald Reagan's America in 2012!!!
Ronald Reagan's America? Huh...sexist and racist? Hillary Clinton was thrown under the bus by the Democrats, especially by the black community, after BO won the Iowa primary in 2008 (the thinking was, white people voting for a black dude...let's get on this bandwagon) and of course she and Bill Clinton were then labeled as racists after a career long devotion to civil rights issues in general and to the minority community in particular; and BO's crazy-racist ''mentor'' aka Rev. Wright?; so much for the Dems not being race-card playing racists. Sexist? Only Hillary Clinton was questioned about being liked by the country(aka because she is a smart and tough woman) with a focus on her hair, clothes and her shrillness; so much for the Dems not being sexists (remember BO's smirky comment ''you're like-able enough Hillary"?". So ladies, you are really not being taken seriously by the ''tolerant'' Democratic Party; only manipulated for votes.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Ronald Reagan's America? Huh...sexist and racist? Hillary Clinton was thrown under the bus by the Democrats, especially by the black community, after BO won the Iowa primary in 2008 (the thinking was, white people voting for a black dude...let's get on this bandwagon) and of course she and Bill Clinton were then labeled as racists after a career long devotion to civil rights issues in general and to the minority community in particular; and BO's crazy-racist ''mentor'' aka Rev. Wright?; so much for the Dems not being race-card playing racists. Sexist? Only Hillary Clinton was questioned about being liked by the country(aka because she is a smart and tough woman) with a focus on her hair, clothes and her shrillness; so much for the Dems not being sexists (remember BO's smirky comment ''you're like-able enough Hillary"?". So ladies, you are really not being taken seriously by the ''tolerant'' Democratic Party; only manipulated for votes.
The GOP is the party of birtherism, voter suppression and legitimate rape, among many many other things. There is a very good reason that the GOP only got 25% of the Latino vote, 7% of the Black vote and 44% of the female vote: the GOP is perceived to be racist and sexist!!! And in politics, PERCEPTION IS REALITY!! The bottom line is that the GOP is a becoming a extreme intolerant fringe party who will never see the White House again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio