Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 12:06 AM

16 posts, read 32,140 times

Advertisements

I am not an Ohioan so I won't be voting in the state. I just happen to be interested in politics. I know the polls are not always accurate.

Who do you think Ohio is most likely to swing for on Tuesday, Obama or Romney?

I am guessing Obama due to the number of Obama bumper stickers on vehicles throughout the state, a sense of anger towards Romney over his statement about letting auto industries to go bankrupt, and most middle class Midwesterners think Obama and Biden are more personable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 12:48 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,419,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestVirginian12 View Post
I am guessing Obama due to the number of Obama bumper stickers on vehicles throughout the state,
Yes, I agree. The bumper stickers are a representation of something else as well. For instance, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but I've been ignored on three different occasions in this thread. Each time it was an Obama supporter that ignored me.

In other words, when these people are confronted with facts that run counter to their perception of the world they simply ignore them. I'm not a Romney supporter, but I don't get the same "dogmatic vibe" from the Romney crowd. Most Romney supporters seem to be supporting him just because they want Obama out of office. It wouldn't matter who was running against Obama, they just want someone else in office.

That's why I think Obama will win the election(barring an economic collapse in the next week...). Obama's support is made up of people who actually like him. Romney's support is almost entirely made up of people who are voting for him just to keep Obama out of office. The first kind of support is more..."devout"...shall we say...

Last edited by Townes Van Zandt; 11-04-2012 at 12:57 AM..

Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 AM

11,077 posts, read 12,507,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Yes, I agree. The bumper stickers are a representation of something else as well. For instance, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but I've been ignored on three different occasions in this thread. Each time it was an Obama supporter that ignored me.

In other words, when these people are confronted with facts that run counter to their perception of the world, they simply ignore them. I'm not a Romney supporter, but I don't get the same "dogmatic vibe" from the Romney crowd. Most Romney supporters seem to be supporting him just because they want Obama out of office. It wouldn't matter who was running against Obama, they just want someone else in office.

That's why I think Obama will win the election(barring an economic collapse in the next week...). Obama's support is made up of people who actually like him. Romney's support is almost entirely made up of people who are voting for him just to keep Obama out of office. The first kind of support is more..."devout"...shall we say...
Puh-lease!!! You libertarians love it when you aren't taken seriously. It lets you think you are some kind of misunderstood intellectual who knows better than the rest of us.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Puh-lease!!! You libertarians love it when you aren't taken seriously. It lets you think you are some kind of misunderstood intellectual who knows better than the rest of us.
This has nothing to do with libertarianism.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:55 AM

11,077 posts, read 12,507,909 times
Quote:
This has nothing to do with libertarianism.
Whatever, dude.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:23 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,117,932 times
Quote:
Yes, I agree. The bumper stickers are a representation of something else as well. For instance, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but I've been ignored on three different occasions in this thread. Each time it was an Obama supporter that ignored me.

In other words, when these people are confronted with facts that run counter to their perception of the world they simply ignore them. I'm not a Romney supporter, but I don't get the same "dogmatic vibe" from the Romney crowd. Most Romney supporters seem to be supporting him just because they want Obama out of office. It wouldn't matter who was running against Obama, they just want someone else in office.

You haven't presented facts, you've presented talking points and extreme partisan rhetoric. But you're right, Obama will win the election. No matter what people think about individual polls, they can't all be wrong. National polls are a tie to a slight Obama lead and swing state polls are almost universally Obama. People just don't like Romney, not even the people voting for him. Their hate of Obama is stronger than party loyalty or anything else.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You haven't presented facts, you've presented talking points and extreme partisan rhetoric.
LOL...you basically just repeated my critique of your foreign policy views(that you ignored).

BTW...I don't belong to a party. I've already explained that most (real) leftists agree with the bulk of my foreign policy. It seems to me that you're only problem with my foreign policy is that I disagree with the messiah--- err, Obama.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:10 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,117,932 times
Quote:
LOL...you basically just repeated my critique of your foreign policy views(that you ignored).

BTW...I don't belong to a party. I've already explained that most (real) leftists agree with the bulk of my foreign policy. It seems to me that you're only problem with my foreign policy is that I disagree with the messiah--- err, Obama.
You can be extreme and not belong to a party. And your FP positions basically consist of:

1. America is wrong in everything it does.
2. Therefore it should not engage the world at all.

Thanks, Ron Paul.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,192,294 times
Quote:
I don't see anyone ignoring you. I see them disagreeing with you.

Quote:
The "dogmatic vibe" from the Romney side is fundamental to the GOP campaign. It has been for years and it really doesn't matter who is running on the ticket.

Our first priority is to get Obama out of the White House. -Mitch McConnell

This is because he is a roadblock. An anti-dogmachrist, if you will.

Quote:
I would tend to agree with this.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
You can be extreme and not belong to a party.
Of course. But I have already mentioned that my ideas are generally considered to be completely uncontroversial to those on the far left of the political spectrum. Since libertarianism is very far from leftist, I'm forced to assume that by "partisan" you're referring to my adherence to the idea of "peace".

If so, guilty as charged. It's true: I find peace to be preferable to violence. And no, I don't believe in that peculiar form of doublespeak that believes peace can only be obtained through violence.

Quote:
1. America is wrong in everything it does.
2. Therefore it should not engage the world at all.
Yeah, let's "engage" the world. That'll teach 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
I don't see anyone ignoring you. I see them disagreeing with you.
Yeah, I suppose it's possible that a few of them took a few weeks off the interwebz and forgot about our conversations until I reminded them. It's also possible that Obama is a peace candidate that cares about civil liberties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
The "dogmatic vibe" from the Romney side is fundamental to the GOP campaign. It has been for years and it really doesn't matter who is running on the ticket.
So Republicans pray to the altar of Republicanism. Liberals pray to the altar of Obama. Fair enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio