Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 06:02 PM

9 posts, read 15,256 times

Advertisements

Taxing the rich more will not help the economy at all. All it would do is send jobs overseas and decrease incentive to make more money, also, if your employer has less money why exactly would you be getting more money? It would effectively hurt the economy and slow recovery. Romney wants to cut taxes for the middle class...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 07:16 PM

11,076 posts, read 12,479,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonep View Post
Taxing the rich more will not help the economy at all. All it would do is send jobs overseas and decrease incentive to make more money, also, if your employer has less money why exactly would you be getting more money? It would effectively hurt the economy and slow recovery. Romney wants to cut taxes for the middle class...
Thank you, mittromney.com.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:11 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,600,109 times
Quote:
I'm against selective taxing of the rich ... in a perfect world where NO group of human beings can exploit/coerce/force (even indirectly) other human beings to work on their behalf. In the wild nobody, no matter how wonderful, hardworking and "conservative" can single-handedly amass even 5 times more than the laziest, nastiest, dumbest (but mentally competent) human being. In a perfect world all humans value their lives about the same, no sane human being would agree to work (ANY job) at 1/1000th hourly rate of Romneys of the world unless they are forced by the "social systems" and their survival instincts.

If Romneys, Gates, Bushes and Obamas of the world don't want to pay to maintain exploitative social & economic systems that made them rich, they've lost their minds and are dangerously delusional to be viable "elite". Even if you are OK with hierarchical exploitative systems, you should not want to have delusional and narcissistic types with messianic attitudes manning the top. if elites want slaves (us) to pay for the maintenance of our prison out of our meager rations, those parasitic "elites" are dangerously delusional and outright useless if not suicidal (not speaking of being insulting), and they must go.

My take on taxing - in the wild, it's theoretically possible (but extremely unlikely) for one to amass 5 times more food, goods, etc. than his neighbor using nobody but himself. So everyone (including minimum wage earners) pays the same tax rate all way up to 5xAverage Income. Above that, it's progressive tax all way up to 95%. Because if you don't want to pay for the maintenance of the social system that made you rich (well above your individual potential) you are a leach. If you want to go to China (or whatever Banana Republic of your choice) so be it. Removing dangerous psychopaths in this way would make any country a better, saner and healthier place to live. It's a pleasant side-effect of my plan out of another world.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 PM

9 posts, read 15,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Thank you, mittromney.com.
I'm sorry, basic economics and common sense are confusing to you.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, basic economics and common sense are confusing to you.
No, I just think Mitt Romney is a bum. How can anyone seriously support this guy? I mean really, talk about being confused by basic economics- look in the mirror!

But I also think people not from Ohio should stay out of this forum if they're just posting a bunch of political stuff. I get harrassed every day (mostly from republicans - what does that say?) in the mail, on the phone, and in person.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 PM

739 posts, read 1,849,701 times
We are literally coming down the home stretch, my Ohio friends, and as a resident of an unloved swing-state, haven't seen much action on the presidential front. However, I implore you all to vote for Obama. Please. Your state is so important (I'm a little jealous!) and so is this election. Obama isn't perfect but I don't see that Romney has anything to offer regular people.

The economy is turning around and has grown by 2% in three and a half years.
The stock market is up 5,000 points from where it was in 2009.

Things are improving. We all knew it wouldn't happen overnight. Let's not change horses in mid-stream. Please allow our president to have another four-year term.

I don't hate Romney voters; there's been wayyy too much hate being spread around. It just isn't clear to me why they equate Romney's experience as a 'businessman' whose expertise was stripping companies of assets and outsourcing jobs with financial success for the USA. He was guv of MA and I doubt he could get elected as dog catcher.

Obama/Biden, please, you guys!

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-31-2012, 11:30 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,092,624 times
There were like 7 polls that came out for Ohio today, and all of them show Obama leading between 2 and 5 points.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:49 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,396,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
We are literally coming down the home stretch, my Ohio friends, and as a resident of an unloved swing-state, haven't seen much action on the presidential front. However, I implore you all to vote for Obama. Please. Your state is so important (I'm a little jealous!) and so is this election. Obama isn't perfect but I don't see that Romney has anything to offer regular people. 12 million jobs in 4 yrs

The economy is turning around and has grown by 2% in three and a half years. 2% is anemic.
The stock market is up 5,000 points from where it was in 2009. and the mkt will get a bounce when Romney is elected

Things are improving. We all knew it wouldn't happen overnight. Let's not change horses in mid-stream. Please allow our president to have another four-year term. Our economy would have been better off if Obama didn't do anything. His policies have not helped, in fact they have hurt our economy.

I don't hate Romney voters; there's been wayyy too much hate being spread around. It just isn't clear to me why they equate Romney's experience as a 'businessman' whose expertise was stripping companies of assets and outsourcing jobs with financial success for the USA. He was guv of MA and I doubt he could get elected as dog catcher. This President has divided the country with his class warefare and do you recall him saying 'it's time for Repubs to get to the back of the bus'.
Romney has helped start major employers like Staples, Steel Dynamics and those failed companies stayed around longer with Romney's attempt in turning them around. Romney did good job managing Olympics and his state. I don't think a community organizer qualifies a person to run a country and obviously his 4 yr track record is proof that he is un-qualified.

Obama/Biden, please, you guys!

Thanks in advance!
It will be close.

Last edited by ZnGuy; 11-01-2012 at 09:04 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 AM

I still don't get the correlation between hosting the Olympics and RUNNING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,184,056 times
I'm waiting to see Nate Silvers analyses of Ohio.

We are a swing state, but, geographically speaking, i think there are swing regions and swing counties in the swing state. The election ...in Ohio...will hinge upon these areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio