Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,184,311 times

Advertisements

Obama is against discrimination. Organized religion is not exempt from that when they choose to be an employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,184,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi Cleveland_Collector--

I'm talking about Obama's run for Senate, not his presidential run.

Although a similar thing could be said in 2008. John McCain was similarly a weak candidate with a terrible ground game, didn't even come close in fundraising or enthusiasm, and never really fired up the base in the same way that Obama did. The nomination of Sarah Palin brought some of the base on board, but it was too little, too late. It was a mismatch from day one.
Romney's ground game is also terrible. SuperPAC spending and special interests are the order of the day. Without them, the race isn't even close... "Corporations are people, my friend!"

Obama's run for the IL Senate or his first run for the presidency were basically no different. The opposing strategy was to nullify part of his base with an empty suit. Paul Ryan is the 2012 version of that. Personally, I think it's awfully sad that a guy who is older than I am and running for VP actually has less budget and foreign policy experience than I do. But hey, P90X.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,417,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Romney's ground game is also terrible. SuperPAC spending and special interests are the order of the day. Without them, the race isn't even close... "Corporations are people, my friend!"
You do realize that a huge chunk of Obama's 2008 campaign donations were from the big banks, correct?

See here. (Names like Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, etc).

Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,854,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Hi Cleveland_Collector--

I hear this endless complaining about the Citizens United decision and the now-unlimited ability for companies to donate to Super PAC's.

I'll cut you a deal: reverse the Citizens United decision. But also revoke permanently the ability of the AFL-CIO/UAW/SEIU/NEA/AFSCME to also engage in political activities.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:10 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,203,964 times
Lightbulb Thanks for your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
You do realize that a huge chunk of Obama's 2008 campaign donations were from the big banks, correct?

Yes, Obama "sorta" forgets that LOL! And that is why he bailed them out!!!

Old 11-03-2012, 12:41 AM

Exclamation Regardless of what your stand on Abortion is, he can't trample over our Religious Freedoms!The HHS Mandate/Obamacare:(

Thank you Janelle, another great post! Regardless of your religion, your Religious Freedom is at stake!

And after we lose our Religious Freedom, which one is next, because he will not stop there....Think about it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If you are a Catholic you need to vote for Romney so you won't lose your religious freedom. Obama is against the 1st amendment which guarantees freedom of religion.

Thanks for your post Janelle, but it is not just something that Catholics worry about. Here is a statement

by Dr. James Dobson, renowned Evangelical leader, he is very upset with Obama's lies & the HHS mandate.

Other Christian leaders, pastors & even some Jewish leaders as well, have turned up in rallys for Religious Freedom across the country. What Obama has done is just one of his many lies to the American people.

Over 60% of the people in the US are against this, yet he did what he wanted without any regard to
our freedoms.

Like Glenn Beck said at one point, when Obama came out with this,
"Today we are all Catholic, because an attack on Religious Freedom is an attack on us ALL"

Eventually he will eliminate all of our freedoms, if we do not do something! I am not too familiar with Glenn Beck, but I do not think he is Catholic...

Everything with Obama is a lie, whether it is the HHS Mandate, the Benghazi cover up, everything is just a LIE!!!

Renowned Evangelical leader Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family, HHS Mandate.

Dr. James Dobson insists that he will NOT bow before OBAMAS wicked abortion

mandate! I WILL NOT PAY THE SURCHARGE for abortion services!

The Presidents "OBAMACARE LIES"

There is an Abortion Surcharge HIDDEN within Obama's signature healthcare law!

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Dr. James Dobson insists he will not ‘bow before’ Obama’s ‘wicked’ abortion mandate

June 5, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Renowned evangelical leader Dr. James Dobson has joined the chorus of religious leaders opposing Obama’s new healthcare plan, insisting that he will “not bow before” the President’s “wicked regulation.”

“I WILL NOT pay the surcharge for abortion services,” Dobson declares in a new column for WorldNetDaily. “So come and get me if you must, Mr. President. I will not bow before your wicked regulation.”

Dr. James and Shirley Dobson

“The President’s Obamacare Lies” declares the headline of the article by the famed Focus on the Family founder.

Dr. Dobson refers to President Obama’s statement that “no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.” Contrary to this statement, Dr. Dobson identifies an abortion surcharge hidden within Obama’s signature healthcare law.

“The amount of the surcharge is irrelevant,” Dr. Dobson states, “…and I will do all I can to correct a government that lies to me about its intentions and then tries to coerce my acquiescence with extortion.”

Dr. Dobson points out that the surcharge was enacted when Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services, announced an expansion of Section 1303 of the Obamacare law.

“The president had parsed his words very carefully in 2009 when he said funding for abortion would not come from the federal government,” declares Dr. Dobson. “Clearly it won’t. It will be compelled by the federal government to come from YOU.”

The new ruling compelled millions of Americans to pay the minimum $12/per annum surcharge for abortions, regardless of whether or not they receive or even want abortions.

“I believe in the rule of law,” states Dr. Dobson, “and it has been my practice since I was in college to respect and honor those in authority over us. It is my desire to do so now. However, this assault on the sanctity of human life takes me where I cannot go.”

Last edited by countrylv22; 11-03-2012 at 12:59 AM..

Old 11-03-2012, 03:46 AM

24,130 posts, read 32,529,961 times
I could never in good conscience vote for a man like Romney. A selfish multi millionaire who, by his own admission, does not care about half of the US. He keeps his money in foreign banks and favors the very rich over everyone else.

His ideas about woman are from the dark ages. He does not even believe in equal pay for equal work. He wants to abolish FEMA. I guess the very rich can just take off in their private jet or take refuge in their second and third homes in times of disaster.

I will not vote for a man like that. Even the largest Newspaper of his faith, does not support him.

President Obama cares about this country. He has begun to take us out of the hole that Bush dug. He saved General Motors. He is in touch with regular people.

He has my vote.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 AM

Exclamation UK publication does NOT understand WHY we do NOT care about the Benghazi cover up!

This UK publication seems a bit more honest compared to our biased media.
They cannot understand why Americans are putting up with the cover up, lies from Obama and the Administration. We have been lied so many times!

Please read this article, click on the link, there are comments posted at the bottom.
There are pictures in the article, Ambassador Stevens, and the Navy Seals, may they all R.I.P.

Christopher Stevens: Ambassador pleaded for extra security in Libya hours before he was killed | Mail Online

Obama faces more pressure over Libya response after it is revealed the consulate attack was 'opportunistic'

U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens repeatedly pleaded with the State Department for additional security personnel

Republicans say the Obama administration denied the request for political reasons

By Hayley Peterson and Jill Reilly

Barack Obama faces renewed pressure at the final presidential debate on his handling of the Benghazi attack where four Americans were killed including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

Intelligence sources have now revealed that it appears the attack happened by chance and was not pre-planned.

It is believed that the deadly assault came about following the protests at the American Embassy in Cairo.

Questions: Obama faces renewed pressure over his administration's handling of the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi

'Right now, there isn’t any intelligence that the attackers pre-planned their assault days or weeks in advance,' a U.S. intelligence official told ABC.

The source added that attackers may have seized the opportunity to attack the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi following the violence in Cairo.

More...
CIA chiefs face arrest over horrific evidence of bloody 'video-game' sorties by drone pilots
Romney and Obama deadlocked as they hurtle towards election, battling it out in final campaign stops

It is the latest development on the deadly attack on September 11 after it was revealed that American drones were in the skies above the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Defense department officials considered sending troops in to rescue the ambassador and staff, according to CBS News, but ultimately decided not to. They would haven been able to watch the attack on-screen as it unfolded.

It also emerged last week that U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens repeatedly pleaded with the State Department to ramp up his security team in Libya - requests that the Pentagon ultimately denied.

Stevens warned the State Department of a 'security vacuum' in Libya 'that is being exploited by independent actors' in one cable that described rapidly deteriorating security conditions.

'Islamic extremists are able to attack the Red Cross with impunity,' he wrote. 'What we have seen are not random crimes of opportunity but rather targeted discriminate attacks.'

Deadly: Four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, died in the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi

Stevens said the attackers would not be deterred 'until authorities are at least as capable.'

Just hours before his death, he sent the Pentagon a cable describing 'expanding Islamist influence in Dema,' a town east of Benghazi, and said he was seeing a 'troubling increase in violence and Islamist influence.'

Stevens recapped a meeting in which the commander of Benghazi's Supreme Security Council told him there is 'growing frustration with police and security forces.'

The cables were released by Republican Rep. Darrell Issa of California, the chairman of the U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which is investigating the security matters surrounding Stevens' death and questioning whether the State Department could have prevented the deadly attack.

Less than three weeks ahead of the presidential election, Republicans are using the cables to attack President Obama on his foreign policy, despite the State Department's claim that it was solely responsible for the decisions to deny Stevens' requests for more security in Libya.

'These critical foreign policy decisions are not made by low or mid-level career officials -- they are typically made through a structured and well-reasoned process that includes the National Security Council and the White House,' Issa wrote in a letter to Obama on Friday.

Killed: Ambassador Christopher Stevens (left) died following smoke inhalation, while agent Sean Smith (right) died in a desperate battle

Heroic: Former Navy SEALs Glen Doherty (left) and Tyrone Woods (right) were killed in a mortar attack

The letter claims that Obama had a political motivation in rejecting Stevens' security requests, since the president was eager to show improving conditions in Libya after the U.S.-led international operation that toppled Libya dictator Moamar Gadhafi. ***********

On August 2, six weeks before Stevens was killed, he requested 'protective detail bodyguard' positions, calling the security situation in Libya 'unpredictable, volatile and violent.'

A month earlier, he requested that the State Department extend his tour of duty personnel, which is a 16-man temporary security team trained in combating terrorism. The request was denied and the security team left 8 August.

Stevens had asked for the security team to stay through mid-September.

Colonel Andrew Wood, the leader of the security team that left Libya in the weeks before the terror attack, told CBS News that Stevens fought hard against losing the team.

'It was quite a degree of frustration on their part,' he said. 'They were -- I guess you could say -- clenched-fist over the whole issue.

Questions: In their debate on Tuesday, President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney argued over when Obama first said it was a terror attack

The White House maintained publicly for a week that the attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya was a spontaneous mob upset about an anti-Islam video, even though it has now been revealed that they were informed within 24 hours of the attack that it was planned and carried out by militants.

'Your administration has not been straightforward with the American people in the aftermath of the attack,' Issa wrote in his letter to Obama.

In his Rose Garden address the morning after the killings, Obama said, 'No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.'

But Republicans say he was speaking generally and didn't specifically call the Benghazi attack a terror attack until weeks later, with the president and other key members of his administration referring at first to the anti-Muslim movie circulating on the Internet as a precipitating event.

Last week, the State Department said that it never believed the 11 September attack on the U.S. consulate was the result of a protest over an anti-Islam movie, contradicting previous statements.

Inferno: Armed attackers dumped cans of diesel fuel and set ablaze the consulate's exterior

Siege: The compound came under heavy mortar and gunfire during the attack, which lasted several hours

The White House now says the attack probably was carried out by an al Qaida-linked group, with no public demonstration beforehand. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton blamed the 'fog of war' for the early conflicting accounts.

Issa's committee questioned State Department officials for hours about what Republican lawmakers said was lax security at the consulate, given the growth of extremist Islamic militants in North Africa.

Congressional aides are hoping to use Stevens' cables and information from State Department testimonies to build a timeline of what the intelligence community knew, compared to what the White House was telling the public about the attack. That could give Romney ammunition to use in his foreign policy debate with Obama on Monday night.

Reports have revealed that the CIA station chief in Libya compiled an intelligence briefing from eyewitnesses within 24 hours of the assault on the consulate that indicated militants launched the violence.

The briefing from the station chief was written late Wednesday, 12 September and reached intelligence agencies in Washington the next day, intelligence officials said.

Yet on Saturday of that week, briefing points sent by the CIA to Congress said 'demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault.'

Haven: Ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith were hiding in a safe room which later filled with diesel smoke

The briefing points, obtained by the AP, added: 'There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations' but did not mention eyewitness accounts that blamed militants alone.

Such raw intelligence reports by the CIA on the ground would normally be sent first to analysts at the headquarters in Langley, Virginia, for vetting and comparing against other intelligence derived from eavesdropping drones and satellite images.

Only then would such intelligence generally be shared with the White House and later, Congress, a process that can take hours, or days if the intelligence is coming only from one or two sources who may or may not be trusted.

U.S. intelligence officials say in this case the delay was due in part to the time it took to analyze various conflicting accounts.

One official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss the incident publicly, explained that 'it was clear a group of people gathered that evening' in Benghazi, but that the early question was 'whether extremists took over a crowd or they were the crowd.'

But that explanation has been met with concern in Congress.

Flames, grenades and gunfire: A burnt-out car in front of the U.S. consulate

'The early sense from the intelligence community differs from what we are hearing now,' Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff said. 'It ended up being pretty far afield, so we want to figure out why ... though we don't want to deter the intelligence community from sharing their best first impressions' after such events in the future.

'The intelligence briefings we got a week to 10 days after were consistent with what the administration was saying,'said Rep. William Thornberry, a member of the House Intelligence and Armed Services committees.

Thornberry would not confirm the existence of the early CIA report but voiced skepticism over how sure intelligence officials, including CIA Director David Petraeus, seemed of their original account when they briefed lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

'How could they be so certain immediately after such events, I just don't know,'he said. 'That raises suspicions that there was political motivation.'

Read more: Intelligence Shows No Planning for Benghazi Consulate Attack

Read more: Christopher Stevens: Ambassador pleaded for extra security in Libya hours before he was killed | Mail Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post

Mr Obama had these Big Banks, Investment Bankers donate to his campaign, then he bailed them all out.

With all of the lies, cover up with Benghazi, the ObamaCare fiasco, I must VOTE for the BEST option for our

country= My VOTE is for Mr. Mitt Romney Thanks for your post.

Last edited by countrylv22; 11-03-2012 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: God Bless America!!We need a REAL CHANGE!! We cannot afford another 4 years of the same!!Peace :)

Old 11-03-2012, 05:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,325 times
What was the state of the country right before Obama became president?

Old 11-03-2012, 07:16 AM

Lightbulb Obama does NOT have enough experience!

Obama said that he would NOT run for a 2nd term, if he could not turn things around in the 1st 3.5 years,
So, he needs to keep his promise

Too many people unemployed & UNDEREMPLOYED!

He promised to bring the unemployment rate down to 5% Even Joe Biden VP of the US said that this country
has been buried for the last 4 years, and its TRUE!

Mr. Mitt Romney has my VOTE!! He has experience running businesses & in government.
Mr. Romney can turn our economy around!

Obama was a Community Organizer He has no real experience! He needs to GO!

And to top it off, Obama has lied to us over & over again!! And it has cost American lives!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio