Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 PM

14,736 posts, read 14,719,637 times

Advertisements

You can stop now, Znguy...the campaigning is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 11:24 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,420,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I just pointed out that she is dead. I'm not trying to make a point beyond that.
Oh, you weren't trying to make a point beyond that? So you didn't say this:

Quote:
She has no idea about the modern day, youngish, born-on-3rd-and-thinks-I-hit-a-triple crowd of her disciples that exist now. Her quote is meaningless.
^That's what I spent two posts disproving. Perhaps now that you understand that, you'll understand my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Not sure what kind of "left" circles you're hanging around in, but certainly not the same ones I do, and I'm very liberal, especially socially.
LOL...you're "very liberal" on social issues yet you're voting for Obama. I'm assuming civil liberties aren't high on your list of "social" issues? Dude, you are like a walking contradiction.

Quote:
I must've missed the part where all dealings with the world at large consisted of warfare.
You're the one supporting Obama, not I. Dead Pakistanis are a part of his form of "engagement"(your term). If you have a problem with that, you might want to reconsider your vote.

Quote:
Bottom line: even if I accept your premise that Any Rand would hate modern libertarians, that doesn't mean that modern libertarians don't like her. You seem to be confused by this.
LOL...I love how you just decide to add that last part out of nowhere. I'd completely agree that many modern libertarians are influenced by her. That doesn't change what I said above.

Quote:
Seriously, if you have to be this naive to be a libertarian, count me out.
I'm just going to point out that you're the one who was forced to resort to ad hominem attacks. I think that tells the unbiased reader all that they need to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Actually, Obamas campaign strategy is to go after the low hanging fruit, i.e. voters that are the most uninformed (there are alot of them), they're easiest to be pursuaded by the inaccurate personal attacks on Romney and willing to ignore Obama's dismal record.
I hate to break it to you, but that's the campaign strategy of every party. No one can win without pandering to the masses. No, not even Mittens.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:27 PM

It's fun getting you common folk all fired up!

I wish you all luck tomorrow: Go Team Red! Go Team Blue! Democracy, UNITE!

Captain Planet - Let our Powers Combine! - YouTube

Old 11-06-2012, 12:59 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,707,824 times
If obama wins America is 100% gone/done forever. Its up to Ohio for sure. As of right now I see obama winning ohio, yet lets see what you gals & guys do. Go make a real change and vote Romney.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:58 AM

11,077 posts, read 12,517,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post

^That's what I spent two posts disproving. Perhaps now that you understand that, you'll understand my posts.
The part I added at the end of the last post was the entire reason for any of this discussion starting. I guess I thought you had understood that from the beginning. Apologies if that was not clear. Have a nice time not voting today!

Old 11-06-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
The part I added at the end of the last post was the entire reason for any of this discussion starting.
Oh, my apologies. I thought I was responding to what you typed. From now on I will assume that your posts are discussing the something other than what you typed. Silly me.

P.S. I'm still predicting an Obama win. C'mon Team Red, don't make it so easy for team Blue!

Rah! Rah! Go Team!

Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,127,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich10014 View Post
jbcmh81 ha typical liberal response trying to paint republicans as dumb or not deep thinkers..You want to talk about a few lines of quote taken out of context, that's what the whole Obama campaign has done to smear Romney, whether it be the auto bailout, etc. How about some direct quotes from our President in the past:

"Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office."

How did that work out Mr. Obama. He even said himself campaigning in 2008 that running deficits that high were "unpatriotic." He's run up more debt in less than 4 years than Bush did his entire presidency. He's a hypocrite full of broken promises. Washington needs to get back to fiscal responsibility before we end up the way of Greece, Spain, etc.
I didn't say or suggest Republicans are dumb and not deep thinkers. I suggested it about you alone.

Obama had no chance to reduce the deficit. It was never going to happen under the recession. Not with him, and not with anyone else. If you want to hold him accountable for not keeping to that, you're more than free to do so. Personally, I figure that if he didn't cause the recession, it's good enough that things are slowly improving under him. I'd much rather go with slow and steady improvement than take a chance on a guy that can't keep his positions straight. Romney is awful and Republicans have only themselves to blame for putting such an awful candidate up as their nominee.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,127,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Actually, Obamas campaign strategy is to go after the low hanging fruit, i.e. voters that are the most uninformed (there are alot of them), they're easiest to be pursuaded by the inaccurate personal attacks on Romney and willing to ignore Obama's dismal record.
I suppose that's why the bastion of educational excellence, the South, is all red?

Old 11-06-2012, 10:03 AM

10 posts, read 17,670 times
jbcmh81 what a nice personal insult that was to call me dumb..So nice of you...Well just so you know I'm a professional accountant who just passed the CPA exam so I think know a little thing or two. What I do know is Republican economic policies make much more economic sense than Democratic economic policies. I received at work The Ohio Society of CPA's editorial on who they are endorsing as candidates nationally and locally. And what a shock, roughly 80% of them are Republicans. I think they are enough of a creditable society to know a thing or two about how an economy should be ran and how government should be fiscally responsible.

If Obama had no chance to reduce the deficit, he shouldn't have stuck his foot in his mouth when claiming he can cut it in half. He may have had no chance to substantially reduce it but he did no one any favors my making it substantially worse.

Romney honestly wasn't my first choice for a candidate. I actually like Paul Ryan better. But at least he has real economic experience in being a brilliant business leader and running a responsible budget. He actually understands economic issues and will know how to be fiscally responsible. We've had our first ever U.S. credit downgrade under Mr. Obama's watch. Unacceptable. But all he will do is blame Bush instead of taking accountability for anything.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:44 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,194,907 times
Quote:
And what a shock, roughly 80% of them are Republicans.
I'd expect nothing less from a group of monvisioned, misanthropic money changers.

Bush was a disaster. Anybody suggesting otherwise is either stupid or completely disingenuous (notice his COMPLETE absence from every relative GOP campaign). And, out credit downgrade was as a direct result of his tenure. The blame is not solely his, but it is infinitely more on him than it is on the current president. What's "unacceptable" is your inability to acknowledge any of this.

In short, a group of bean counters are the last people I would take any advice from fiscal or otherwise. The biggest reason: their general inability to see anything outside of the tidy world of a balance sheet. It looks like you'll fit right in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio