Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,131,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Of course. But I have already mentioned that my ideas are generally considered to be completely uncontroversial to those on the far left of the political spectrum. Since libertarianism is very far from leftist, I'm forced to assume that by "partisan" you're referring to my adherence to the idea of "peace".

Not sure what kind of "left" circles you're hanging around in, but certainly not the same ones I do, and I'm very liberal, especially socially.

If so, guilty as charged. It's true: I find peace to be preferable to violence. And no, I don't believe in that peculiar form of doublespeak that believes peace can only be obtained through violence.

So basically what I said: You want the US to remove itself from world affairs. Good luck with that. Everyone prefers peace, but that has about as much real-world meaning as saying everyone prefers to be wealthy.

Yeah, let's "engage" the world. That'll teach 'em.

I must've missed the part where all dealings with the world at large consisted of warfare.
Seriously, if you have to be this naive to be a libertarian, count me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 PM

11,077 posts, read 12,525,986 times
Cleveland_collector said "And libertarians pray at the altar of themselves, Ayn Rand, and Ron Paul."

You said Any Rand didn't like libertarians. This point has nothing to do with the fact that many libertarians are influenced by her.

I said she is dead, doesn't know about modern libertarians, so it doesn't matter, in my opinion.

Then you start rambling about the Ayn Rand Institute.

Bottom line: even if I accept your premise that Any Rand would hate modern libertarians, that doesn't mean that modern libertarians don't like her. You seem to be confused by this.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 PM

10 posts, read 17,676 times
Obama says vote out of revenge...Revenge for what?? You have been the President the last 4 years Mr. Obama...Mitt says don't vote out of revenge but love of country...I think these 2 statements perfectly sum up the way democrats run a campaign and the way republicans run a campaign

Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,131,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich10014 View Post
Obama says vote out of revenge...Revenge for what?? You have been the President the last 4 years Mr. Obama...Mitt says don't vote out of revenge but love of country...I think these 2 statements perfectly sum up the way democrats run a campaign and the way republicans run a campaign
No, I think that perfectly describes the way to take a few lines of quote out of context and then apply it universally and to a campaign overall. It's the way people who don't like to think very deeply see the world.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,562,145 times
Default I am voting for Religious Freedom----Romney

FirstAmericanFreedom.com

Religious freedom is our first American freedom. It is a founding principle of our country, protected by the First Amendment in the Bill of Rights. It’s a fundamental human right, rooted in the dignity of every human person—people of any faith or no faith at all. It’s not a Catholic, Jewish, Orthodox, Mormon or Muslim issue—it’s an American issue, a civil rights issue

Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 PM

10 posts, read 17,676 times
jbcmh81 ha typical liberal response trying to paint republicans as dumb or not deep thinkers..You want to talk about a few lines of quote taken out of context, that's what the whole Obama campaign has done to smear Romney, whether it be the auto bailout, etc. How about some direct quotes from our President in the past:

"Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office."

How did that work out Mr. Obama. He even said himself campaigning in 2008 that running deficits that high were "unpatriotic." He's run up more debt in less than 4 years than Bush did his entire presidency. He's a hypocrite full of broken promises. Washington needs to get back to fiscal responsibility before we end up the way of Greece, Spain, etc.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,959,486 times
Everyone here needs to lighten up.............now take two minutes to laugh.

Chris Rock - Message for White Voters - YouTube

Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 PM

720 posts, read 708,265 times
Ron Paul....

Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,403,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich10014 View Post
jbcmh81 ha typical liberal response trying to paint republicans as dumb or not deep thinkers..You want to talk about a few lines of quote taken out of context, that's what the whole Obama campaign has done to smear Romney, whether it be the auto bailout, etc. How about some direct quotes from our President in the past:

"Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office."

How did that work out Mr. Obama. He even said himself campaigning in 2008 that running deficits that high were "unpatriotic." He's run up more debt in less than 4 years than Bush did his entire presidency. He's a hypocrite full of broken promises. Washington needs to get back to fiscal responsibility before we end up the way of Greece, Spain, etc.

CONSERVATISM IS CALLING - YouTube

Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,403,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
No, I think that perfectly describes the way to take a few lines of quote out of context and then apply it universally and to a campaign overall. It's the way people who don't like to think very deeply see the world.
Actually, Obamas campaign strategy is to go after the low hanging fruit, i.e. voters that are the most uninformed (there are alot of them), they're easiest to be pursuaded by the inaccurate personal attacks on Romney and willing to ignore Obama's dismal record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio