Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 03:24 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,417,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
What does having good reason to not like either party have to do with your argument that OBL being dead is a bad thing or that Iran having nukes is good?
Okay, so you weren't baiting me.

What I'm trying to say is that you're obviously confused. If you found my statements about Bin Laden or Iran at all controversial or 'incredible', you desperately need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

There are people far to the left of Obama who agree with me on these things. The fact that you're suggesting that my disagreement with Obama is an implicit endorsement of the Republican party is rather telling. Believe it or not, there are a lot of ideas that fall outside the republican-democrat paradigm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 05:09 PM

11,076 posts, read 12,479,967 times
Hey, why not vote for this guy: Richard Duncan Biography - Project Vote Smart

He handed me his business card on Public Square once. VP of his freshman class at Mount Union in the 70s. Seems legit.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:16 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,092,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Okay, so you weren't baiting me.

What I'm trying to say is that you're obviously confused. If you found my statements about Bin Laden or Iran at all controversial or 'incredible', you desperately need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

There are people far to the left of Obama who agree with me on these things. The fact that you're suggesting that my disagreement with Obama is an implicit endorsement of the Republican party is rather telling. Believe it or not, there are a lot of ideas that fall outside the republican-democrat paradigm.
I'll concede that perhaps I've misunderstood your position, so let me ask it plainly.

1. Do you believe OBL's death was good or bad? Why?
2. Do you believe Iran having nukes is good or bad? Why?

Thanks.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:14 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,222,157 times
Obama2012!

Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,417,574 times
Quote:
1. Do you believe OBL's death was good or bad? Why?
Neither. It means very little in the grand scheme. The idea that killing Bin Laden is a "victory" in the "war on terror" is completely missing the real issue.

Here's a question for you: why do you think they attacked us on 9/11?

Quote:
2. Do you believe Iran having nukes is good or bad? Why?
Good or bad for who? As far as Iran is concerned, it's probably a good idea. They are surrounded by hostile nations with nuclear weapons. As far as the United States is concerned, Iran is absolutely no threat...nuclear or otherwise. Think about this logically: 1 Iranian nuke vs 5,000 American nukes. How stupid do you think the Iranians are?

Here's my second question for you: How did the current Iranian regime come to power?

Old 10-27-2012, 10:08 PM

239 posts, read 468,300 times
Breaking News: Emails show the Obama administration knew in real time Ansar al Sharia was behind the attack in Benghazi
Breaking News: Emails show the Obama administration knew in real time Ansar al Sharia was behind the attack in Benghazi

Obama LIED! Proof positive that the Obama administration knew real time what was going on...
How can anyone vote for Obama when he clearly lied to the American people, and has tried to cover it up for nearly 2 months now. The number one job of the President is to protect the citizens of the U.S. and this president hasn't done that.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:00 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,092,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Neither. It means very little in the grand scheme. The idea that killing Bin Laden is a "victory" in the "war on terror" is completely missing the real issue.

Here's a question for you: why do you think they attacked us on 9/11?

1. We involve ourselves in too many issues that have no benefit to US interests.
2. These people are crazy and have a very extreme viewpoint regarding their religion and related issues.

That said, attacking civilians is an act of cowardice. None of those people were responsible for the extremists supposed slights. And I really disagree that it doesn't matter. If nothing else, it mattered to the families of those killed.

Good or bad for who? As far as Iran is concerned, it's probably a good idea. They are surrounded by hostile nations with nuclear weapons. As far as the United States is concerned, Iran is absolutely no threat...nuclear or otherwise. Think about this logically: 1 Iranian nuke vs 5,000 American nukes. How stupid do you think the Iranians are?

Here's my second question for you: How did the current Iranian regime come to power?
Hitler was outnumbered by far as well. Did that stop him from starting WWII? Has Iran proven to be all that reasonable? Is the threat to the US the only consideration? What about US allies? Do they not matter? This all seems very simplistic. What do you propose, exactly? Ignore them and hope for the best? Not exactly a solid foreign policy strategy.

You seem intent on blaming the US for everything. Do these other nations and people have no responsibility for their own actions?

Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,222,157 times
The fact that Mitt Romney is complaining about are debt when he makes millions of dollars to buy houses with elevators and fancy cars he only pays 14% of taxes and middle class pay just as much and even more is a problem to me.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:14 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,396,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
The fact that Mitt Romney is complaining about are debt when he makes millions of dollars to buy houses with elevators and fancy cars he only pays 14% of taxes and middle class pay just as much and even more is a problem to me.
Classic case of class warfare and exposing your jealousy. Amazing that you think it ok to keep up the spending and entitlements
Romney pays big taxes and keep in mind that his rate is diluted because he reduce his taxable income as he donate $3 million to charity and a large portion of Romney's income is taxed twice-first at the corporate level, and second time when he reports it on person income tax return....but keep drinking the kool-aid

Old 10-28-2012, 10:32 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,184,311 times
When a corporation pays personal income to an employee, that money is wholly deducted from the corporation's taxable income. Again, just another right-wing shill making s**t up to muddy the waters.

The only kool-aid being drunk is by people like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio