Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 02:17 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Excellent post, H08!

LOL! Did bchris get another profile?
Be careful, our new hippie mod from New Mexico dinged me for quoting a "troll" the last time this person pulled this stunt.

I'm impressed that our malcontent got a second sock account to support his first one.

Quote:
Just so everyone understands, "racist" in this context is liberal code word for conservative. The OP is a liberal malcontent.
Meh, "liberal" is just a code word for minority in many cases.

Here is an example from this board:

Go to any liberal state and you will see corrupt politicans, poor governance, high unemployment, tons of welfare junkies and poverty. Go to any liberal city and you will see high poverty

It works both ways. But if this sock is BChris...............you're right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 09:04 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swuktyu View Post
Alright I’m going to be blunt about this…. Because it seemslike everyone is ignoring the main points and turned this into a joke forum,rather than a rational debate. [/SIZE][/font]
Yes Oklahomais a very racist state.

This is a state where most people only want to hangaround, date, marry, mix, socialize, or affiliate with whites only. Most peopleout here don’t like blacks and try to avoid blacks at all costs. If you ever goout in public at a restaurant, concert, game place, or any social event; onceblacks start coming in, then everyone starts leaving and getting out as fast aspossible. I have noticed this with my own eyes and no I’m not black.

People out here are right wing extremists/Christian evangelicals.Anything Interracial such as sex, dating, marriage, or children; people opposeand are completely against it. Many I have talked to out here claim that itdestroys a culture and blah blah all this. ( I have even heard people who wereonly 17-18 years old who had these type of right wing views in the year2014-2015). You can tell that they were taught this by their family/parents.

It’s heavily segregated out here. Most of the Whites live inAreas such as Edmond, Moore,Norman, andsmall towns. Blacks live in the north/north east side. Asians on the North andNorthwest side, and southside are predominately Hispanic/Mexicans.

The majority of people here are working/low class people.They don’t consider education very important and care more about gettingmarried or having children. It’s like they put that on a pedestal.

But the most dumbest/craziest thing I don’t like about Oklahoma and find itvery peculiar is how many individuals here justify their racism, hatred, andthought process off of the bible or Christian religion. Many people out herealways say “Americais a Christian country founded on Christian values” Which is a complete lie andcrock of BS

If you are a person of color, nobody is going to beat you orkill you in Oklahoma.But what is going to happen is you will be left out of social events,activities, parties, get togethers, and it will be harder to make friends(unless you befriend other minorities). People will try to avoid you at allcosts and not acknowledge your existence. You will have a hard time dating,marrying, or finding a person to sleep with if you try to get involved withWhite women. (As I say they oppose anything interracial here

You will basically feel invisible or like you don’t exist inthis state.The only time you will see a minority and white dating orbest friends is if they grew up together or went to grade/middle schooltogether.
You little fella are a liar. Nothin' more.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:09 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johsnndung View Post
I do agree with what Swuktyu,

he has some major points and it's odd that people are ignoring and failing to recognize the facts. I am a minority and originally came from California to Oklahoma 2-3 years ago and feel the same way. Individuals here are very covert and people here seem to ignore the issues or problems.

I think the OP of this topic not only wants to know and figure out if Oklahoma is racist. The OP also wants to know what kind of state Oklahoma is and how the people behave here, many on here keep on rambling and talking about their experiences with bicycles or other usernames, get to the point people!

why do most whites here claim NDN/Native blood/admixture if they are against interracial dating/marriage?
I see interacially mixed couples daily. Oh yeh, and I came from one: an Anglo daddy and a Choctaw mama. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Where have you been spending your weekends, Gotebo?

Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
You little fella are a liar. Nothin' more.
IDK, Bass, after that ass whuppin OU put on K-State, I am avoiding OU fansat all costs and not acknowledging their existence.

Sorry, that was a lie too. Unlike some sport fans I always say the best team won. In reality, I KNEW OU was going to come out like a lion after they lost to Texas last week. I am serious. I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!! I wish you guys could play KU or Iowa State before you play us next year.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:39 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Have you ever been to Oklahoma? There's a mosque in Oklahoma City and there are synagogogs, plus other houses of worship that aren't evangelical. There are probably more democrats than republicans, too. Are you gay? There is even a place for you at the Habana Inn. It's a gay resort.
Yes, I've been to OK and OKC many times. Obviously there are gay people there (my gay great uncles used to run a candy store at Frontier City). But the overwhelming culture is anti-gay and very conservative.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:59 AM

2 posts, read 4,366 times
@redbird and Basscatfish2008

You guys are the reason why many people consider and believe oklahomans to be jokers and stupid.
People on here are trying to give personal insights and information; while you guys are trying to poke fun and make a joke out of it. What many people on here are saying is quite true…. Oklahoma is racist, conservative, and anti-gay. So instead of making fun of and laughing at other people, try to understand and have a rational discussion. It’s ok to disagree….. but I don’t understand why you are calling other users liars or making a joke.

I have lived here in OKC for awhile, while the city is diversifying and becoming more multicultural, it seems with a lot of the whites they still have the mindset of the 1950’s or 1960’s in the year 2015. So I could kind of see what people mean on how whites act out here. I am White myself, but I enjoy diversity because it brings color and flavor to the scene.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swuktyu View Post
Alright I’m going to be blunt about this…. Because it seemslike everyone is ignoring the main points and turned this into a joke forum,rather than a rational debate. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Yes Oklahomais a very racist state.

This is a state where most people only want to hangaround, date, marry, mix, socialize, or affiliate with whites only. Most peopleout here don’t like blacks and try to avoid blacks at all costs. If you ever goout in public at a restaurant, concert, game place, or any social event; onceblacks start coming in, then everyone starts leaving and getting out as fast aspossible. I have noticed this with my own eyes and no I’m not black.

People out here are right wing extremists/Christian evangelicals.Anything Interracial such as sex, dating, marriage, or children; people opposeand are completely against it. Many I have talked to out here claim that itdestroys a culture and blah blah all this. ( I have even heard people who wereonly 17-18 years old who had these type of right wing views in the year2014-2015). You can tell that they were taught this by their family/parents.

It’s heavily segregated out here. Most of the Whites live inAreas such as Edmond, Moore,Norman, andsmall towns. Blacks live in the north/north east side. Asians on the North andNorthwest side, and southside are predominately Hispanic/Mexicans.

The majority of people here are working/low class people.They don’t consider education very important and care more about gettingmarried or having children. It’s like they put that on a pedestal.

But the most dumbest/craziest thing I don’t like about Oklahoma and find itvery peculiar is how many individuals here justify their racism, hatred, andthought process off of the bible or Christian religion. Many people out herealways say “Americais a Christian country founded on Christian values” Which is a complete lie andcrock of BS

If you are a person of color, nobody is going to beat you orkill you in Oklahoma.But what is going to happen is you will be left out of social events,activities, parties, get togethers, and it will be harder to make friends(unless you befriend other minorities). People will try to avoid you at allcosts and not acknowledge your existence. You will have a hard time dating,marrying, or finding a person to sleep with if you try to get involved withWhite women. (As I say they oppose anything interracial here

You will basically feel invisible or like you don’t exist inthis state.The only time you will see a minority and white dating orbest friends is if they grew up together or went to grade/middle schooltogether.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You do have a point, I grew up in Edmond and one of my friends who is a Mexican male has been discriminated against, made fun of, and always recieves dirty looks from people. Many times when there was parties or get togethers gong on in edmond such as the UCO campus or other local events, when my friend came; people would stare and give a nasty look like "What is this guy doing here?" many times, people always saidd that he had to leave orwas not welcomed. but then again, Edmond is inhabited by a lot of elderly white folkss who grew up during the 40's and 50's, so they probably till have the mindset.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:08 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monigirl444 View Post
I have lived here in OKC for awhile, while the city is diversifying and becoming more multicultural, it seems with a lot of the whites they still have the mindset of the 1950’s or 1960’s in the year 2015. So I could kind of see what people mean on how whites act out here. I am White myself, but I enjoy diversity because it brings color and flavor to the scene.
I agree that Oklahoma City has a lot of potential and is getting better, but it needs to be more live and let live regarding personal choices and lifestyles. The fundamentalist Christian/evangelical culture can be pretty overbearing at times. It's a little better in the downtown area than in the suburbs but its still difficult to fully escape. It's kind of a catch-22 as a lot of more progressive-minded young people leave OKC for other cities. If they stayed they might be able to have an impact towards cultural change. With that said, I don't blame people for leaving, wanting to live in an environment where they won't be judged for who they love or how they vote.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:13 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monigirl444 View Post

You guys are the reason why many people consider and believe oklahomans to be jokers and stupid.
Yes, it is all my and Bass's fault "many people" think Oklahoman's to be jokers and stupid.

I guess we can add that to our resume now. Honestly, I would say "many people" already have their minds set long before they read any posts online from myself or bass. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

But just for the fun of it, can you post some links to where you have gotten the information that MANY PEOPLE people consider Oklahoma to be jokers or stupid, or even where you got the information that MANY PEOPLE believe that because of Bass and myself? Is there a study or a poll that you know of or have read? I have never met anyone in the real world who believes Oklahomans are jokers or stupid.

Is that many people in your family? Your city? Please clarify.

Another "first time poster" here for the sold purpose of bashing Oklahoma.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edujop View Post
Just so everyone understands, "racist" in this context is liberal code word for conservative. The OP is a liberal malcontent.
Alright….. I was passing through the forums and I came across this board and I just have to put my 2 cents into all of this. I’m making a new account just to comment, I am getting a lot of mixed feelings left and right after reading this whole thread and I must proclaim that I have lived in Oklahoma for about 7 years before I moved off to Washington state. What many people here are saying is actually true about right wing politics, anti-obama, pro gun, and anti-race mixing. This thread has already got a couple of thousand views, so there has to be alot of people reading. I just had to comment, so I made an account.

IGNORE-RedBird, This user is probably just some neoconservative getting offended because his family rituals and covert behavior is being exposed on these forums.

"edujop", That is very rude and disrespectful of you to make a comment like that about the OP. He is originally from a different place and has no idea or information about Oklahoma . He has every right to be curious and to find out every single detail he can before moving here because why would he want to move to this state if he is going to be an outcast, ignored, or treated like a piece of trash? I commend, applaud, and respect the OP for his curiosity and interest in Oklahoma , he should know everything so he can make a logical, informed and educational decision before coming here.

If you do any research Edujop, Most conservatives do tend to be racists, Fascists, and sexists. The majority of people who oppose interracial dating, marriage, or sex are indeed conservatives or Christian fundamentalists. I don’t appreciate you showing off your arrogance by claiming that anyone who disagrees with you or does not see things from your perception are wrong or Malcontent……… I believe on this forum everyone has the right to discuss their ideas, opinions, or pros and cons of this state; whether you agree or not.

Oklahoma has many problems and is indeed not innocent, this state has blood on their hands just like any other place. If you study history, you will see the Tulsa riots of 1920 where they brutally executed thousands of blacks. Segregation, oppression, jim crow laws, as well as blacks being lynched. Most of the lynches of blacks were mainly carried out here in Oklahoma ; even if you google image search lynches, you will see many of the photographs down at the bottom tell the place where these events occurred and it says Oklahoma . So racism is apart of the blood in this state. What does the history say about this state?

As far as the political movement goes, many people out here are confused. This is a state that has a high rate of mental illness, unemployment, drug abuse, broken families, adultery, and meth labs. People here are uneducated and uninformed. I will give you one primary example, many of the people out here in Oklahoma abuse and are on social programs such as Welfare,Wic, Social security, Disability, and any other type of Government hand out. Now, social programs are a Liberal/democratic concept originally, but many people out here that take advantage of these social programs vote republican….. and it’s mainly the right wing republicans who want to stop and limit these social programs to the public and individuals in general. So why do people here use these programs, but then vote for the party who wants to limit, restrict, and stop these programs?

Easy answer, Many of the people out here are uneducated and uninformed. Same thing happens with interracial dating,marriage or any other complex concepts; people out here tend to go more off of gossip, the family, Twisting facts around to fit their perception, republican news channels, and the daily Oklahoman to get their information rather than reading a book or getting educated. The daily Oklahoman is an inferior newspaper compared to the NY times, Wall street , USA Today, or The SUN. So many are unable to receive general knowledge or expand their information or ideas.

Now, concerning interracial dating, marriage, and sex; since this has been what I’ve seen the most mentioned or talked about on this forum. This seems to be a major problem here in Oklahoma and I understand many people may become emotional or angry because we are mentioning and talking about race, but I believe it’s better to be open minded and try to talk about the issues rather than just ignoring, running away, or pretending they don’t exist.

The way I look at it, it’s everyone’s right, preference, and choice deciding who they want to marry, date, or have a child with. Nobody can force you or tell you what to do with your life regarding your interests, plans, or goals. If Whites only want to date, marry, or sleep with other Whites; then that is their choice and right. I’m not going to try to force my beliefs or ideals down other people’s throats…. After all it’s their choice.

I don’t oppose interracial dating, marriage, or sex. However, there is one problem I do have regarding interracial marriage, dating or sex in Oklahoma . Many individuals out here in Oklahoma (I have heard people talk stupid like this before) They will say things like “I will be friends with blacks, I have best friends who are black, and I will hang out with blacks, but I will not date, marry, or have sex with a black.”

I have also heard people say things like I have “Asian, Mexican, Black, and Native American friends, but I only want to date, marry, or have children with Whites”. Or “I want my baby to have light skin”. I have heard this type of ignorant talk in Oklahoma and it is not only disturbing but makes me sick that people have this type of mindset and mentality.

Now here is the problem, my advice is this….. if you only want to date, marry, or sleep with White people. Then you should only be friends with White people. I think it is stupid and not right to be friends with minorities or people of color; if you don’t want to date, marry, or sleep with them or if you don’t see them anything more than just a friend. Because if you are friends with minorities but you will not date or marry them, then that is still heavily racist!! And I don’t care what anyone says or thinks, racism is racism!! You can’t be racist in the sexual department and then be open minded or tolerant in the friend department or any other department for that matter. If you’re a racist… then you are a racist period! Don’t try to categorize your actions, mentality, or ideas…….

The reason to why I mention this is because if a minority is friends with a White person who thinks like this or has this type of philosophy, then can that minority really trust this person? Or really consider them a true friend? Does this White person really value, care, or consider their nonwhite friend a human? And why would this minority want to be friends with the White in the first place knowing the fact that they would still be discriminated against in the sexual department or any other department for that matter?
Because if you analyze it and look at it, it’s still inequality rather it regards education, sex, marriage, dating, wealth,power, status, class, children, family, communities, sports or anything for that matter. If we want to establish equality…. We have to do this in every department! Including Oklahoma !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City