Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 10:53 PM

1,906 posts, read 2,038,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangyser View Post
Most conservatives do tend to be racists, Fascists, and sexists.

Quote:
The majority of people who oppose interracial dating, marriage, or sex are indeed conservatives or Christian fundamentalists.

Quote:
Oklahoma has many problems and is indeed not innocent, this state has blood on their hands just like any other place. If you study history, you will see the Tulsa riots of 1920 where they brutally executed thousands of blacks.
You should go back and restudy some. 39 is the official death toll. Not thousands.

Quote:
Segregation, oppression, jim crow laws, as well as blacks being lynched. Most of the lynches of blacks were mainly carried out here in Oklahoma ;
Already proven incorrect by previous poster

Quote:
People here are uneducated and uninformed.
Pot meet kettle

Quote:
I have also heard people say things like I have “Asian, Mexican, Black, and Native American friends, but I only want to date, marry, or have children with Whites”. Or “I want my baby to have light skin”. I have heard this type of ignorant talk in Oklahoma and it is not only disturbing but makes me sick that people have this type of mindset and mentality.
I don't know if you have noticed or not but pretty much the entire world overwhelmingly marries into their own race, ethnicity and/or culture. Its got nothing to do with racism. But feel free to go ahead and single out Oklahoma on this account.

Quote:
Now here is the problem, my advice is this….. if you only want to date, marry, or sleep with White people. Then you should only be friends with White people. I think it is stupid and not right to be friends with minorities or people of color; if you don’t want to date, marry, or sleep with them or if you don’t see them anything more than just a friend. Because if you are friends with minorities but you will not date or marry them, then that is still heavily racist!! And I don’t care what anyone says or thinks, racism is racism!! You can’t be racist in the sexual department and then be open minded or tolerant in the friend department or any other department for that matter. If you’re a racist… then you are a racist period! Don’t try to categorize your actions, mentality, or ideas…….
So if I only want to date or marry women then I am sexist?

Frankly you sound very young and/or uneducated. Your arguments are heavy on emotion and name calling and very light on facts and logic. Typical liberal PC tactics. Whenever you do decide to wake up and educate yourself and you begin to see that 2 +2 really does equal 4, all those liberal ideas you like to wave around will lose their shine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 04:03 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johsnndung View Post
I do agree with what Swuktyu,

he has some major points and it's odd that people are ignoring and failing to recognize the facts. I am a minority and originally came from California to Oklahoma 2-3 years ago and feel the same way. Individuals here are very covert and people here seem to ignore the issues or problems.

I think the OP of this topic not only wants to know and figure out if Oklahoma is racist. The OP also wants to know what kind of state Oklahoma is and how the people behave here, many on here keep on rambling and talking about their experiences with bicycles or other usernames, get to the point people!

why do most whites here claim NDN/Native blood/admixture if they are against interracial dating/marriage?

Be gentle with me what's wrong with a little rambling anyway ???????................

And my brothers from another MOTHER would also agree with me....right

Since you comes from California maybe if you are good I will show you around
a little bit when I retire out there for my retirement......lollllllll rambling....

You sound about as fun as a Bono Fide Racist yourself putting me down as A Rambler
you are being very mean spirited toward me......lolllll

Last edited by Howest2008; 11-03-2015 at 04:25 PM..

Old 11-03-2015, 05:03 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
One of the HBUC Historical Black University and College study was done by Tuskegee and the
NAACP did another one which came up with slightly different numbers.......
79.02.04: The Negro Holocaust: Lynching and Race Riots in the United States,1880-1950

A lot of the missing persons who were AA was of coursed lynched , but never found , and therefore not classified as
lynched.........
Certainly lynching is part of a sordid history we have in our country and state regarding racial relations. While Oklahoma certainly wasn't even close to among the worst state as far as the lynching of African Americans, we do have the dubious distinction of having more "sundown towns" than most other states.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Certainly lynching is part of a sordid history we have in our country and state regarding racial relations. While Oklahoma certainly wasn't even close to among the worst state as far as the lynching of African Americans, we do have the dubious distinction of having more "sundown towns" than most other states.

Of course you are right , a whole lot of Caucasian Men got lynched for stealing a man HORSE......

Much more valuable than his best friend a DOG........

Old 11-04-2015, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,332 times
After reading many comments from different users on here. Some of the people are telling legitimate facts such as segregation, jim crow laws, lynchings, and Tulsa race riots here in Oklahoma. Whether 2 people got lynched or 1 million people. That does not matter, it’s still a fact that it happened here in Oklahoma! Whether 1 person was killed or a million people killed in the Tulsa race riots, does not matter as it’s still a fact that the incident happened and took place.

What Dang, is saying is quite true. But he is mainly talking about the Blue collar… lower class, working class poor uneducated whites. I’m originally from out of state but have lived here in Oklahoma for about 3 years. I have noticed how many of the Whites act out here and sure.... the majority of whites out here are working lower class uneducated people. I’m an educated white male with a Master’s degree in international Business.
Most of the working class/low class/poor uneducated whites have this type of mentality In Oklahoma. You can easily point them out and categorize them like this
1. Evangelicals, right wingers, fanatics, fundamentalists, pseudo Christians, neo-conservatives,Cults
2. Anti government
3. Anti interracial dating, marriage, sex
4. Pro guns, pro family
5. Welfare abusers or even anti welfare
6. Racists, sexists, and fascists,
7. Uneducated (meaning never completing a Bachelors or higher degree)
8. Getting married and having a kid is the most important thing to them in life.
9. They tend to glamourize and make a big deal about labor jobs such as truck driving, construction workers, oil field laborers, crane, trash operators.
10. Football and wrestling junkies
11. Drama, always trying to get friends/family involved in their personal life and has to let the whole world know who they’re dating or marrying.
12. Been married more than once
13. Has children from many different partners.

Bawac34618 is right. It should all be about live and let live regarding personal lifestyles and choices; but the real problem is that many of the right wingers and Christian fanatics here bring all of their issues and mentalities out in public such as the work force, business, school, education, stores, malls, grocery stores and try to shove their rigid backward beliefs down our throats. There is a form of arrogance and self absorption with Christian people out here, why can’t they just keep their ideas behind closed doors? It’s like if you don’t agree with them or their philosophies, lifestyles; they want to label you as dumb, or the enemy. Christians want their influence and teachings/scripts all over public places; but if another religion or sect wants to do the same… then most Christians object and have a problem with it….. and I thought under the constitution it was “Freedom of religion”. So if we have freedom of religion, then why do Christians oppose and get mad when other religions are mixed in or put in public places around here in Oklahoma?
This shows you the prejudice and intolerance of Christians here in Oklahoma. I will give you another type of example, you know people here in Oklahoma are making a big deal and fussing about the 10 commandments being removed from the state capital. Well why? Because when they were going to put a satan statue there, or a hindu ganesh statue, or a muslim monument…. The majority of the people here didn’t like it. I am like if we have freedom of religion, then what’s wrong with having all the monuments/religions around the state capital and not just the 10 commandments? Why do Christians want everything that has to do with them up? But other religions, they do not? Not only hypocrisy and racism. I believe though the state did a great job by removing the 10 commandments from the state capital, because if Christians are not going to be tolerant of other religions or sects, then there should be no religion out there at all around the capital. This will solve the problem and avoid conflict.

Bassandcatfish2008, this user keeps telling other users “They have no idea to what they’re talking about”, but he is trying to ignore or avoid the subject and real problems. What other users are saying such as Dang, Monigirl, and Swyu, are on the contrary… quite correct. I have noticed a lot of this.
Now people here are saying that it’s only normal to marry into your own culture or ethnicity, but there are so many things wrong with this, that I don’t even know where to begin. Say for example if a Black man and a white woman grow up in the same neighborhood or community and went to school together, they are basically from the same culture. If you’re born and raised in America; you’re an American. If you’re born and raised in Oklahoma; then you are an Oklahoman regardless of race or skin color, therefore you are from the same culture. Basically what racists whites are saying, they don’t want to do IR marriage because it will destroy their own little dictating family traditions or cult/sect. Because you can compare Oklahoma to a 3rd world country, many of the families out here use “Christianity” as a tool to discipline, dictate, and control their children or family. They tend to be more of a cult.

Now I will tell you this and this is the positive of Oklahoma… in the cities, it’s getting much better and becoming more liberal, diverse, and multicultural. Which is a great thing. Oklahoma should be progressing and since the majority of the state is becoming predominately hispanic, it’s great to see a growing culture and influence. Only maybe in the small towns/rural areas the majority of the people still may be racist or intolerant and act like we are still living in the 1950’s or 60s… don’t worry these types of people will be left behind and be history. As society develops and advances, we have to learn how to keep up with the times and learn how to change our mindset by being open minded and accepting to anything different, new, or unique.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:35 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Another person who joins just to set Oklahomans straight and uses "we" as if he speaks for everyone. He agrees with live and let live, but doesn't seem to practice it.

YAWN.......

Written by a very educated white woman.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Be gentle with me what's wrong with a little rambling anyway ???????................

And my brothers from another MOTHER would also agree with me....right

Since you comes from California maybe if you are good I will show you around
a little bit when I retire out there for my retirement......lollllllll rambling....

You sound about as fun as a Bono Fide Racist yourself putting me down as A Rambler
you are being very mean spirited toward me......lolllll
Ramblin MAN......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKDVLSDgMM8

Old 11-04-2015, 08:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffersondodkins View Post

Now I will tell you this and this is the positive of Oklahoma… in the cities, it’s getting much better and becoming more liberal, diverse, and multicultural. Which is a great thing. Oklahoma should be progressing and since the majority of the state is becoming predominately hispanic, it’s great to see a growing culture and influence. Only maybe in the small towns/rural areas the majority of the people still may be racist or intolerant and act like we are still living in the 1950’s or 60s… don’t worry these types of people will be left behind and be history. As society develops and advances, we have to learn how to keep up with the times and learn how to change our mindset by being open minded and accepting to anything different, new, or unique.
I think the most backward parts of Oklahoma are the approx. 24 counties where liquor by the drink is still banned.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 11-04-2015 at 09:12 PM..

Old 11-04-2015, 11:39 PM

101 posts, read 122,797 times
Quote:
I’m originally from out of state but have lived here in Oklahoma for about 3 years
Quote:
right wingers and Christian fanatics here bring all of their issues and mentalities out in public such as the work force, business, school, education, stores, malls, grocery stores and try to shove their rigid backward beliefs down our throats.
The "right wingers and Christian fanatics" have been in Oklahoma a little bit longer than you have. I'm not sure I'd be holding out for the conservative and evangelical aspect of Oklahoma's culture to disappear any time soon, and I don't see why it should. There's nothing wrong with being the buckle of the Bible Belt.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:51 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
After reading many comments from different users on here. Some of the people are telling legitimate facts such as segregation, jim crow laws, lynchings, and Tulsa race riots here in Oklahoma. Whether 2 people got lynched or 1 million people. That does not matter, it’s still a fact that it happened here in Oklahoma! Whether 1 person was killed or a million people killed in the Tulsa race riots, does not matter as it’s still a fact that the incident happened and took place.

What Dang, is saying is quite true. But he is mainly talking about the Blue collar… lower class, working class poor uneducated whites. I’m originally from out of state but have lived here in Oklahoma for about 3 years. I have noticed how many of the Whites act out here and sure.... the majority of whites out here are working lower class uneducated people. I’m an educated white male with a Master’s degree in international Business.
Most of the working class/low class/poor uneducated whites have this type of mentality In Oklahoma. You can easily point them out and categorize them like this
1. Evangelicals, right wingers, fanatics, fundamentalists, pseudo Christians, neo-conservatives,Cults
2. Anti government
3. Anti interracial dating, marriage, sex
4. Pro guns, pro family
5. Welfare abusers or even anti welfare
6. Racists, sexists, and fascists,
7. Uneducated (meaning never completing a Bachelors or higher degree)
8. Getting married and having a kid is the most important thing to them in life.
9. They tend to glamourize and make a big deal about labor jobs such as truck driving, construction workers, oil field laborers, crane, trash operators.
10. Football and wrestling junkies
11. Drama, always trying to get friends/family involved in their personal life and has to let the whole world know who they’re dating or marrying.
12. Been married more than once
13. Has children from many different partners.

Bawac34618 is right. It should all be about live and let live regarding personal lifestyles and choices; but the real problem is that many of the right wingers and Christian fanatics here bring all of their issues and mentalities out in public such as the work force, business, school, education, stores, malls, grocery stores and try to shove their rigid backward beliefs down our throats. There is a form of arrogance and self absorption with Christian people out here, why can’t they just keep their ideas behind closed doors? It’s like if you don’t agree with them or their philosophies, lifestyles; they want to label you as dumb, or the enemy. Christians want their influence and teachings/scripts all over public places; but if another religion or sect wants to do the same… then most Christians object and have a problem with it….. and I thought under the constitution it was “Freedom of religion”. So if we have freedom of religion, then why do Christians oppose and get mad when other religions are mixed in or put in public places around here in Oklahoma?
This shows you the prejudice and intolerance of Christians here in Oklahoma. I will give you another type of example, you know people here in Oklahoma are making a big deal and fussing about the 10 commandments being removed from the state capital. Well why? Because when they were going to put a satan statue there, or a hindu ganesh statue, or a muslim monument…. The majority of the people here didn’t like it. I am like if we have freedom of religion, then what’s wrong with having all the monuments/religions around the state capital and not just the 10 commandments? Why do Christians want everything that has to do with them up? But other religions, they do not? Not only hypocrisy and racism. I believe though the state did a great job by removing the 10 commandments from the state capital, because if Christians are not going to be tolerant of other religions or sects, then there should be no religion out there at all around the capital. This will solve the problem and avoid conflict.

Bassandcatfish2008, this user keeps telling other users “They have no idea to what they’re talking about”, but he is trying to ignore or avoid the subject and real problems. What other users are saying such as Dang, Monigirl, and Swyu, are on the contrary… quite correct. I have noticed a lot of this.
Now people here are saying that it’s only normal to marry into your own culture or ethnicity, but there are so many things wrong with this, that I don’t even know where to begin. Say for example if a Black man and a white woman grow up in the same neighborhood or community and went to school together, they are basically from the same culture. If you’re born and raised in America; you’re an American. If you’re born and raised in Oklahoma; then you are an Oklahoman regardless of race or skin color, therefore you are from the same culture. Basically what racists whites are saying, they don’t want to do IR marriage because it will destroy their own little dictating family traditions or cult/sect. Because you can compare Oklahoma to a 3rd world country, many of the families out here use “Christianity” as a tool to discipline, dictate, and control their children or family. They tend to be more of a cult.

I realize I am probably addressing the same person for about the fourth time, however I want to explain my view of Oklahoma regarding racism.

Like just about all states, Oklahoma and it's people have been and still are racist in some places. Our biggest blight is obviously the Tulsa riot of 1921. But since then (after WWII particularly), Oklahoma made reasonable progress in racial areas compared to other southern and quasi southern states.

For instance, the University of Oklahoma admitted black students circa 1950. Before any other state institution in the south and with minimal upheaval.

Both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State integrated their athletic programs in the late 1950s. A full decade before any other southern state universities did so.

Under governor Raymond Gary the schools in Oklahoma were integrated between 1955 and 1970. Governor Gary demanded that Oklahomans be peaceful concerning this integration and they were.

During the downtown sit ins and protests by blacks in the late 1950s and early 1960s there were no riots, lynchings, assassinations that were occurring in other parts of the south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City