Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:12 AM

5 posts, read 7,111 times

Advertisements

Well lets see I have lived here now for 17 yrs, and looking to relocate!! I personally hate it here, I don't think there is alot to do, the taxes are outrageous and keep climbing!! There are no great scenic views, as for children it's a great place in terms of safeness within certain areas, however as for the entertainment for children slim to none, and if your into bars there's PLENTY, however if that is not your scene there isn't a whole lot of entertainment for adults. The winters are pure hell!!! I hate to say this place has gotten a bad wrap but ther's a reason for that!! I have had it with this place and would love to pack my bags and get the hell outta here!! Sorry HUSKER fans!! NEVER have been one NEVER WILL BE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 01:51 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Hey it looks like the troll is back! Still complaining about Husker fans eh?

Old 08-26-2010, 05:54 AM

704 posts, read 1,873,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaha View Post
Having large black and mexican populations in this town does not make it culturally diverse anymore. Yes we have music venues here, but do we have a music to call our own?? i.e. New Orleans Jazz, N.Y. Punk, St. Louis Blues. For the most part, Omaha is a copycat town.

Music of Omaha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-26-2010, 08:26 AM

482 posts, read 1,332,265 times
After posting several positives in this thread it is time for my list of negatives.

-terrible mass transit
-January
-continuing crime and gang epidemic in north o
-the urban/suburban divide
-little choice of music on the radio unless you like country or goon rock (NPR you are my savior)
-people who complain about taxes and expect superb city services without paying for them
-16th street- I wish that they would revitalize that part of downtown. It has sooooo much potential and it should not be used as a bus transfer area
-all the people who think that you can still turn on a red arrow

Old 08-26-2010, 08:32 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
The Orpheum (Broadway Across America, etc), Holland Center featuring one of the finest symphonies in the land (Symphony Pops series is nearly always fabulous), Omaha Community Playhouse, UNO and Creighton fine arts performances (music, drama), Jazz on the Green, great restaurants, Durham Museum...all of these are very positive aspects of Omaha.

Amazing murder rate, high taxes, dirty downtown, crappy winters...not so good.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:07 AM

27 posts, read 108,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserdisque View Post
-people who complain about taxes and expect superb city services without paying for them
Some people will always do this. You just have to brush them off as ignorant and move along. Higher population or higher taxes is required to pay for city services. Both have their pros and cons attached to them.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:52 PM

77 posts, read 171,871 times
Quote:
After posting several positives in this thread it is time for my list of negatives.

-terrible mass transit
-January
-continuing crime and gang epidemic in north o
-the urban/suburban divide
-little choice of music on the radio unless you like country or goon rock (NPR you are my savior)
-16th street- I wish that they would revitalize that part of downtown. It has sooooo much potential and it should not be used as a bus transfer area

I totally agree with you about 16th street! Can't something be done to fix up that area...or get some businesses in there?

Old 08-26-2010, 07:30 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,692,949 times
Quote:

A red right turn arrow? You can, its in the law, it just becomes the equivalent of a stop sign on red. Unless you're talking about a left turn arrow of course.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:26 AM

704 posts, read 1,873,071 times
My list of things I like about Omaha is long...

Parks
Restaraunts
Concerts
Riverfront
Old Market
Benson
Taste of Omaha
History
Humane Society
Coco Key
And much more...

There only two things that come to mind about what I don't like about Omaha, and they are both terrible.

The Political Climate
The seemingly high number of religious zealot's that live here.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:15 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,078,221 times
Dislikes:

Streets you can never turn left on
Smog-shocking..where does it come from?
Film on things after it rains
Drivers who drive too fast, and lay on the horn once a light turns green, before you even have time to take your foot off the brake
No hockey

My backyard is green, and looks nice out of the kitchen window

I'm sorry guys, this place just doesn't have anything that "grabs" me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha