Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 04:03 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
A new definition of marriage?
I fail to see how that is granting them a right you wouldn't have.

Quote:
Nope. I certainly never said that. That would be lunacy.
Then you've just discredited your own retarded argument. Good work.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:07 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I fail to see how that is granting them a right you wouldn't have.
A form of marriage that is only available to them? Sounds like a special right to me.
Quote:
Then you've just discredited your own retarded argument. Good work.
You just aren't quite right, are you?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
A form of marriage that is only available to them? Sounds like a special right to me.
And flipping that logic, you agree that a form of marriage available only to straight couples is discriminatory.

Gotta love the reflexive property of logic.

Quote:
You just aren't quite right, are you?
If by that you mean "substantially smarter than you with the ability to crush retarded arguments" then yes, you could say that.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 PM

817 posts, read 1,770,369 times
Quote:

Nope, you would be free to marry another man if you so chose. So it's not a "special right".

If thats a "special right" then so is traditional marriage as it would only be available to straight couples.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
Nope, you would be free to marry another man if you so chose. So it's not a "special right".

If thats a "special right" then so is traditional marriage as it would only be available to straight couples.
It's fun debating with dullards like Calvinists. They always end up walking into traps of simple logic.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
It's fun debating with dullards like Calvinists. They always end up walking into traps of simple logic.
Fun? It reduces my faith in humanity to know people like him are still around. I would much rather NOT have these kind of discussions.

Though he does seem to stick his foot in his mouth often. Can't wait to see what he'll say next . (not really)

Old 09-22-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
And flipping that logic, you agree that a form of marriage available only to straight couples is discriminatory.
We're the norm....we're not arguing for an exception.
Quote:
like what? You've acted smugly and pretended you're smarter than me but you've just kind of whined and not really said much.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Fun? It reduces my faith in humanity to know people like him are still around. I would much rather NOT have these kind of discussions.

Though he does seem to stick his foot in his mouth often. Can't wait to see what he'll say next . (not really)
People like me? It's so horrible to have someone that actually has convictions that oppose you? Or that I can actually give a coherent argument of why you guys are wrong?

Old 09-22-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
People like me? It's so horrible to have someone that actually has convictions that oppose you? Or that I can actually give a coherent argument of why you guys are wrong?
No, all you can do is spout religious dogma! You have never given one rational, non-religious reason for anything in this thread. I have no problems with people holding an opinion opposite of me, so long as they can back up that opinion with facts and not just bible quotes!

Old 09-22-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
No, all you can do is spout religious dogma! You have never given one rational, non-religious reason for anything in this thread. I have no problems with people holding an opinion opposite of me, so long as they can back up that opinion with facts and not just bible quotes!
How many times do I need to state that I don't think it's a good idea to legislate a new form of marriage to suit a very small minority? It's infringing on the rights of anyone that is currently married, because you our changing the definition of marriage.

From now on I will just link to this post when you or anyone else accuses me of not having a reason other than religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha