Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 04:46 AM

817 posts, read 1,770,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
That last part sounds cold and heartless. You need to learn tolerance.

LOL!!!!!!!!

Tolerance? YOU! You of all people have NO right to speak of Tolerance. On this board you are the least Tolerant person by FAR. You expect everyone to live by your ideology, your set of rules, your religion. Whats that old saying, People who live in glass houses should not throw stones? Well, you just threw one hell of a stone my friend.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:19 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I'm all about love, my brother. Something you need to learn more about.
Thought you were done with me?

Anyway...try to show some of that love you claim to have. Embrace diversity.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
The rantings of a guy whose world is falling apart----pretty ugly attitude there, Cal. You are not and have never been in a position to pontificate (a skill you've honed to perfection) on discrimination against gays. You are not gay. It is incredibly arrogant of you to position yourself as an expert on the rights of minorities, but that somehow doesn't surprise me in the least. It must be incredibly burdensome for you to know everything there is to know about gay people-----you've probably typed more gay related posts on this forum than anyone else over the years (Hmmmmmmmm), yet I've never seen you show one bit of curiosity or understanding about the subject from people who actually ARE gay and have experienced the type of discrimination that you are so quick to deny. You are free to believe anything you want, no matter how reactionary or antiquated, but you must also realize that you are a member of an ever decreasing fearful and angry fringe that is listened to by fewer and fewer people.

To quote the most recent front page headline in the 'Marine Corps Times'-----"We're Gay, Get Over it"
I don't care what you do in your home. I really don't. I don't care if you like other men, or whatever.

But stop trying to push your beliefs on the rest of society and maybe you won't get some pushback from the rest of us.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!

Tolerance? YOU! You of all people have NO right to speak of Tolerance. On this board you are the least Tolerant person by FAR. You expect everyone to live by your ideology, your set of rules, your religion. Whats that old saying, People who live in glass houses should not throw stones? Well, you just threw one hell of a stone my friend.
I believe it's ok to disagree. Do you? You guys seem intent on beating down anyone that dares to disagree.

True tolerance is not groupthink. Learn to embrace diversity and tolerance, it will help you in life.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:09 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,903,717 times
Quote:
I don't care what you do in your home. I really don't. I don't care if you like other men, or whatever.

But stop trying to push your beliefs on the rest of society and maybe you won't get some pushback from the rest of us.
Me thinks that not only do you care, you are absolutely obsessed with this. There is no way that someone is "doesn't really care" is going to vomit forth dozens and dozens of posts about something that doesn't and shouldn't affect you in any way in your day to day life.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:54 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
I don't see anyone demanding that you participate in homosexual activity.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:35 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,510,679 times
Quote:
I believe it's ok to disagree. Do you? You guys seem intent on beating down anyone that dares to disagree.

True tolerance is not groupthink. Learn to embrace diversity and tolerance, it will help you in life.
Cal, really? Learn to embrace diversity and tolerance? Honestly? Is this a new strategy-----contradict yourself just to make the previous poster look bad? I'm beginning to see a pattern here and I don't know whether to laugh or just scratch my head.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:44 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,510,679 times
Quote:

Of course you "care" or you wouldn't have invested 221 posts in this thread (obsess much?). I think "the rest of us" is just YOU, Cal-----and BTW, stop trying to push your beliefs on the rest of society and maybe you won't get some pushback from the rest of us.

Last edited by smithy77; 09-23-2011 at 12:14 PM..

Old 09-23-2011, 04:47 PM

817 posts, read 1,770,537 times
Quote:

I see nothing wrong with disagreement. I however do see something VERY wrong with trying to make others live by another persons ideals. The two are very different. Like you I disagree with homosexuality and gay marriage. However unlike you I can see it's something that is right for some people. I live my life how I want and am fine with others doing the same, even if it is something I disagree with. Seems your the one that needs to 'embrace diversity and tolerance'. Learn to live by your own words and you will be a better person.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:03 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Why are you not able to understand the argument? You realize I'm not comparing the actions of the 2, right? Are you just not able to comprehend that?

I'm making the argument that both groups argue that they're "born that way".
I've yet to see any scientific evidence that pedophiles are "born that way". There is evidence that low IQ, poor self-esteem, aquired brain injury, less white matter, history of sexual abuse, developmental delays, psychosocial factors, etc are correlations.

And I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that pedophiles as a 'group' argue they were "born that way"? This claim only seems to be found on fringe group anti-gay websites that like to try to link homosexuality and pedophilia to vilify gays and lesbians.

Pedophilia is a paraphilia - like bestiality, necrophilia etc. Pedophiles have trouble relating to adults. They need to feel they have power and control in a relationship. Which is why children are attractive to them.

Heterosexuality, bisexuality and homosexuality are sexual orientations. Sexual orientation has more to do with gender and the way our brains developed when we were fetuses in the womb. Nothing to do with power and control or poor self esteem etc. Big difference.

Heterosexuals are born heterosexual too. So your 'argument' is just a red-herring.

Quote:

I don't have the "right to marry someone I love". So what exactly is your point?
You have the right to marry a person of the gender you were born to be biologically attracted to. Gays and lesbian do not.

Quote:
Your problem is that you're unable to accept ANY argument that disagrees with you.
You haven't presented any arguments yet that make sense or are based in fact.
Quote:
I think they're wrong because they are ignoring the Constitution. That's it. You are correct, in that the Constitution really doesn't address marriage.
No, they are upholding the 14th amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha