Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 08:18 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,748,958 times

Advertisements

Frankly, the best of three would the one where you could find employment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 09:46 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
We've been buying most of our vittles in Grants Pass fer over four lustrums. I've only come across nice friendly folks. Haven't had any problem with anyone. But we live happily in the mountains to the northwest of GP.

Grants Pass Daily Courier -- Rogue River Web cam

Have a Beautiful Day y'all.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:46 AM

17 posts, read 41,517 times
The wife and I are seriously considering the Grants Pass area because the weather sounds fairly reasonable. We are in Socal now but have lived in Alaska for over 30 yrs. "We gotta get out of this place, if it's the last thing we ever do"
I have Raynauds Syndrome which affects my feet and a bad back with some serious stenosis so a reak cold climate is outof the question. It appears to be close enough to Medford for medical and we don't work cos we're retired. How does it compare to Bend, our other choice?
Fred

Old 08-01-2011, 08:34 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
The wife and I are seriously considering the Grants Pass area because the weather sounds fairly reasonable. We are in Socal now but have lived in Alaska for over 30 yrs. "We gotta get out of this place, if it's the last thing we ever do"
I have Raynauds Syndrome which affects my feet and a bad back with some serious stenosis so a reak cold climate is outof the question. It appears to be close enough to Medford for medical and we don't work cos we're retired. How does it compare to Bend, our other choice?
Fred
Usually in the winter Grants Pass is about 10 degrees warmer then Bend, maybe even 15 degrees, at times. GP is pretty mild. Might have a little snow a couple times in winter, but not much & melts quickly.

Dec, Jan is usually the coldest. I've seen a few days in Feb up in the 70's. We get breaks in the weather.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:43 AM

17 posts, read 41,517 times
Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty much what I'm looking for. I was looking at Colorado but most of the places around maybe say Woodland Park or Florrisant had more snow that I want to put up with.
As long as I'm not working I don't need to worry about jobs.
Thanks again.
Fred

Old 08-04-2011, 11:13 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
Bend can get VERY cold in the winter. I don't think it will meet your needs.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:25 PM

158 posts, read 517,211 times
Rogue river rat: I just went to Grants Pass website and pulled up churches. There are over 47 churches in central Grants Pass. Just because you don't go doesn't mean a lot of others aren't
filling up the pew's.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:31 PM

13 posts, read 40,504 times
Default Is there fog in Grants Pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Usually in the winter Grants Pass is about 10 degrees warmer then Bend, maybe even 15 degrees, at times. GP is pretty mild. Might have a little snow a couple times in winter, but not much & melts quickly.

Dec, Jan is usually the coldest. I've seen a few days in Feb up in the 70's. We get breaks in the weather.
Hi, I was just reading that Ashland or Applegate Valley are better places to live than Medford if you want to avoid the winter fog- how about Grants Pass? I also hear GP is greener and less sparse on trees than Medford. Is that true? The pictures look beautiful. We are hoping to move up from the central valley in California to be nearer family in Coos Bay. Naturally there will be mountains and evergreens, but I love valleys and arboreal trees and don't like to be too closed in- claustrophobic I guess!. Applegate Valley looks beautiful but I don't think we can afford to live there.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:01 PM

1,378 posts, read 3,212,465 times
@1auntie. I live just north west of Grants Pass about 12 miles. We do get the winter freezing fog. Last few days it's been gone by noon and the skies are blue and beautiful!! I don't like the fog, but it's a trade off. I love the area and it's more reasonable (price) than Ashland or Applegate.
And YES we do have lots more trees than Medford!! Our property has a mixture of pines, oaks and madrones. I like the variety, too.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM

13 posts, read 40,504 times
Default Fog in Grants Pass

Ok thanks so much. I was wondering if the fog there is like the stuff we get down here? They call it tule fog- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tule_fog. It makes it difficult/dangerous to drive at times. Is your fog a morning and evening thing? Is it very dense? How much of the year?

Last edited by 1auntie; 01-12-2012 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon